By NetRipper, Senior Member on 6th March 2010, 10:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2010, 05:59 PM |#31  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRipper

If someone makes an updated .cab, let me know and I'll add it here.

I've made an updated cab, but when I try to install it, I get the message that the program cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.
But for those who want to try it, here's the file.

Update 08.03.2010:
Tried the new signed exe from NetRipper, and it works like it should, thanks dude.
Cabbed it again, here's the new file:
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC Flashlight [No Demo at startup v2].cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.43 MB, 12148 views)

7th March 2010, 06:04 PM |#32  

More
doesnt work for me also
7th March 2010, 07:12 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag 's-Gravendeel
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barty22

Works fine on my rom, thanks a lot!

one question to NetRipper;
is the bright mode in HTC flashlight the same as the bright mode in Torchbutton?
If yes, then it is probably not recommended to use the bright mode in HTC flashlight more than a few seconds either, right?

The light seems about the same yes. I'm not sure what it means. If this is an official HTC app, then that would mean it can handle the level of stress. I wouldn't turn it on for too long though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aho77

I've made an updated cab, but when I try to install it, I get the message that the program cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.
But for those who want to try it, here's the file:

Thanks, linked to it from first post.
7th March 2010, 10:54 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Doesn't work for me either, same error, flashlight is not cooked in my ROM but the original cab works perfectly well.
If I try to run the modified exe from a shortcut I get the same error message as the others, if I run it directly from its location in the Windows folder it just doesn't do anything, no warning, no form appearing, really nothing.
7th March 2010, 11:09 PM |#35  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth

EDIT : This cab was giving me a blue lockscreen background. Gone away after a soft reset.

My lockscreen wallpaper is ok but I now have blue background on start menu, how can i uninstall this cab?
7th March 2010, 11:31 PM |#36  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyball

My lockscreen wallpaper is ok but I now have blue background on start menu, how can i uninstall this cab?

Just change your lockscreen wallpaper again, maybe another one and then back to your original wallpaper, and do a soft reset.

Since the lockscreen wallpaper and the background one on start menu are the same, it would work (worked for me anyway).

Good luck
7th March 2010, 11:35 PM |#37  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Just change your lockscreen wallpaper again, maybe another one and then back to your original wallpaper, and do a soft reset.

Since the lockscreen wallpaper and the background one on start menu are the same, it would work (worked for me anyway).

Good luck

Tried that, I can change the lock screen wallpaper to anything I like but is makes not difference to the start menu.

Strange, looks like a hard reset
8th March 2010, 12:21 AM |#38  
OP Senior Member
Flag 's-Gravendeel
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Ok here's a thought. If the file was signed by HTC, and I hexedited the file, the signing would not be correct anymore. So I've signed the file with a new certificate that I just created. Can anyone test if this does work?

Here's the exe: HTCFlashlight-nodemo-signed.exe
Here's the cab with my certificate (try without installing this first): netripper_cert.cab

Just copy the .exe in the same directory as the existing HTCFlashlight.exe and try to run it (make sure you shut down the original app via some task manager first!).

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.
8th March 2010, 12:36 AM |#39  

More
tnx man, had the same error as the other guys but your signed version works perfectly!
8th March 2010, 01:27 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Blue lock screen too
Quote:

EDIT : This cab was giving me a blue lockscreen background. Gone away after a soft reset.

This cab gave me a blue lock screen background too and also my start/program page has the same blue background now.
Is there a way to get rid of that blue back? I've tried to soft reset but it didn't work.
I am using Miri v5.0 ROM now.

Thanks

Edit: fixed it by going to today settings and changed the appearance to "Classic Blue" then back to "HTC Black"
8th March 2010, 04:32 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 553

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRipper

Ok here's a thought. If the file was signed by HTC, and I hexedited the file, the signing would not be correct anymore. So I've signed the file with a new certificate that I just created. Can anyone test if this does work?

Here's the exe: HTCFlashlight-nodemo-signed.exe
Here's the cab with my certificate (try without installing this first): netripper_cert.cab

Just copy the .exe in the same directory as the existing HTCFlashlight.exe and try to run it (make sure you shut down the original app via some task manager first!).

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

This one works great now...Thanks! Just the exe alone....didn't even need to copy it to windows directory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htcflashlight, mod

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)