[India]Does Samsung Provide Replacement ??

Search This thread

sankeerths

Aug 18, 2010
Please have patience guys its long story and i need ur suggestions :crying:

About My Phone Problem:
3months back When i had GB on my note phone used to reboot or freezes then lock screen comes
and signal becomes zero this would happen more then 15times with in 10mins and phone would
become hot so i used to switch off it for a while..later it would b stable..
i was not knowing the reason i thought its my sd card..i tried few days
without sd card but same thing used to happen..whenever this happens battery drains ...
Then ICS update came and same problem continued. :crying:
After ICS i faced one problem with screen..DOnt know how to explain but it was like
screen crashed for 2 secs (something similar disturbance when ur mobile is near crt monitor) after 2secs it would be normal..this happened 4 times :(
i erased all the data and did factory reset and didn't install any apps for few days
then one day i tried to transfer .APK file from my another android phone.
After receiving the file same problem started...i tried to send other files same thing happened .
I felt its Bluetooth which is causing this..This time i switched of Bluetooth and problem stopped..
.i made a video sorry for the quality its only 2mp camera :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya0gIQX1mjY&feature=youtu.be

Samsung Customer Care:
They asked me whether i updated my Note through KIES i said then they said that may be bluetooth files have not installed properly
and suggested me that for updates i should go to Samsung service center...(Then whats the use of KIES???)

Service Center:
I went to service center told them about my problem they checked my version and said sir ur ics is not installed properly and ur software is old..They said they will update it..
After updating i checked it but still same problem when ever i try to on bluetooth and send a file...
He said PBA(Motherboard) should be replaced sir..so i asked him whether its a defective phone.
.he was like i cant tell u sir because its 6months old phone(he had already
checked the phone for water damage etc it was all clear and i never dropped my phone till now ..
i had only i scratch on my s pen and on screen i had screen guard)
so they told me to wait for 1week as part is not available with them...
while submitting my handset i told them not to put any scratches or any dents on phone(i had bad experiences with my Nokia N8 :( ) and i want to see my old motherboard (as i was not sure whether they will replace it or not)

After 1 week Service Center:
Yesterday they called me and told me that phone is ready sir..
when i got my phone battery was low ie below 15% and i tried Bluetooth for a while and problem was solved
but when i saw back cover it had 2 big scratches and camera glass has scratches(they agreed to replace back door and back glass of camera) and they didnt even show me old motherboard..
so i was arguing with them.they replied that we have changed PBA trust us..u can check the job sheet number with customer care and they will provide the details..and suddenly my phone rebooted..:eek:
After 5mins tried Bluetooth option for a while and same problem.But this when even this happened i used to get connect ur charger..
So he told me that its only notification sir...since ur phone has less charge its not rebooting but gives notification by coming to lock screen (does this happen with all notes?)
i told him to charge my phone for a while

After 20mins @ Service center:
Battery level was 21% so we tried transferring a file ..Bingo it happened again..
then technician told me that its not motherboard sir may be Antenna problem ..wil contact u after 2days sir..so i asked him u guys didnt even check what was the problem and u changed PBA and now ur telling me that its Antenna problem???:p
Sir give us 2days time will let u know the cause..
i told them to replace my phone..so he replied that Samsung only replaces the parts :(

Samsung Customer Care:
i informed them and they suggested me to talk to Area Executive Manager

Area Executive Manager
After listening to my story(he was polite :) ) he told me that PBA is heart of the phone so even after replacing ur problem didnt solve so i guess we should provide u replacement but according to our policy we only replace parts but i wil try my level best to replace..mean while i will send technician to check ur phone and then wil let u know in 2days

So guys what should i do??
Should i accept the phone with replaced parts or should i request them to replace my phone with new one??

P.S Never Rooted or installed Custom rom :eek:

praetorius

Feb 3, 2012
You are already in contact with the officials of samsung, what do you expect from xda members, suggest otherwise?

Just be patient. Read what your warranty reads. Usually they will try to repair whatever needs to be repaired then only replace the whole unit if they cannot solve it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
From what I understand customer service in general in India is terrible with delays, scratched phones etc. Hope it gets resolved!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

kailasr

Dec 9, 2014
note 3 neo issue

i had purchased the phone from authorized samsung showroom a month back. the first day itself the phone hanged when i entered the camera app. i thought it would be a minor bug and would get solved and then when i used to put my phone on charge it used to turn off not always but many times. i went to the service centre yesterday and they said we will update the software and give you that should solve the problem. i had doubts though and got the phone back after they did it and the phone got witched off again on charge. went again today and they dint even know what the problem was and said i needed to leave my phone with them for 3 days. stil not sure whether they would solve the issue or not. one thing he said confidently was that they wont replace the phone. i got very pissed. waiting for the improvement

Reactions: Jakejacob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    note 3 neo issue

i had purchased the phone from authorized samsung showroom a month back. the first day itself the phone hanged when i entered the camera app. i thought it would be a minor bug and would get solved and then when i used to put my phone on charge it used to turn off not always but many times. i went to the service centre yesterday and they said we will update the software and give you that should solve the problem. i had doubts though and got the phone back after they did it and the phone got witched off again on charge. went again today and they dint even know what the problem was and said i needed to leave my phone with them for 3 days. stil not sure whether they would solve the issue or not. one thing he said confidently was that they wont replace the phone. i got very pissed. waiting for the improvement