Thanks Meter: 294

By ozkaya, Senior Member on 24th February 2010, 09:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2010, 09:39 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffruff

instead of doing emulation, can we do something like the haret?
boot the phone from storage card and run win xp tablet on it?

No, because PC versions of Windows are made to run on PC x86 processors, not on the ARM ones used in mobile devices. So, emulation is necessary.
10th March 2010, 12:14 PM |#12  

More
Some screenshots...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT5929.JPG
Views:	1814
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	291675   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT5930.JPG
Views:	1764
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	291676   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT5928.JPG
Views:	1581
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	291677  
The Following User Says Thank You to kilrah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kilrah Ad-Free
10th March 2010, 12:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
nice, but what actual use is this, better to get ubuntu up and running and we can really have a play then.
10th March 2010, 01:35 PM |#14  

More
None apart from fun... but ubuntu or linux in general wouldn't be any better if it's an x86 build. Emulation just makes everything way too slow for comfortable use.
10th March 2010, 03:53 PM |#15  
Flag Heidelberg / Mannheim
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Windows 95 runs also nice and perfect...
only thing is- i got no mouse xD
touchscreen is not working =/
edit: ah okay im still useing bochs, thats why ...
10th March 2010, 05:03 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
can anyone upload this files in the forum or on a hoster like rapidshare/uploadet ?
because i dont want in reg. me on this russian forum
10th March 2010, 06:23 PM |#17  
yeah i second that but a compiled version!!!!
11th March 2010, 01:01 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I created simple compilation with the latest QEMU WM port I could find.
All the credit for this goes to mamaich (excellent work!), I am merely sharing these files.

Links:

[dead]

Instructions:

1. Extract QEMU_WM.7z to the root folder on your SD card.
2. Extract additional packages (Win95 or Homm2) to 'emul' directory in QEMU folder.
3. Use qemu_launcher from QEMU folder to start selected VM.

Note: QEMU must be placed in '\Storage Card\QEMU\' directory, otherwise you have to edit 'cmdline.txt' etc files accordingly.

Generally, everything works well and pretty fast (as for emulation). Homm2 is completely playable (with sound!). On Win95 mouse cursor is a bit dodgy - it looks like button clicks are not detected correctly.

Please note that this software (Homm2, Win95) although very old, is still copyrighted, so don't download it if you haven't got license for it. If these links violate forum rules, please remove them.
11th March 2010, 01:37 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi just a few quick questions:

Does the internet work on windows 95, e.g. can i go on internet explorer and actually go on websites?

Is it possible to run windows 98 on HTC HD2?

I've seen youtube videos with a HTC HD2 running windows xp, vista or 7 on them through remote desktop, is this possible or just a fake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFiDZ_wBAtM

Can you please post some screens of your HTC HD2 running windows 95 with internet explorer on the screen, thanks alot!
11th March 2010, 01:44 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagam12

I've seen youtube videos with a HTC HD2 running windows xp, vista or 7 on them through remote desktop, is this possible or just a fake?

Well as you said it's through remote desktop. So it's not fake, but the HD2 is not "running" them either, just displaying on its screen what another computer is running, and interacting with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszu

On Win95 mouse cursor is a bit dodgy - it looks like button clicks are not detected correctly.

They are, but it needs playing with one of the bottom buttons. See attached picture, the button pointed by the arrow is the key. When it's grey (default), a tap on the screen will do a left click. So a tap&drag will do a left click and drag, i.e selection, moving stuff, etc, which is why it looks weird to you. Tap the button, it turns to black, and now a tap&drag on the screen moves the cursor without clicking, like a laptop touchpad. The button on the left marked "rb" does the same as grey but with right mouse button.
So you need to turn the thing black, move the cursor where you want, tap it to grey, tap or double tap to single/double click, tap it to black, move to some other place, etc, toggling the button each time between movements and clicks. Not very convenient, but works.
I'd gladly try the net etc, but I just tested on my Win98 image, and it has IE and all network drivers stripped out, so no way. Plus, I still haven't found how to get an onscreen keyboard. And W98 is very slow.
Will have a look under W95 tomorrow, it seems that one was complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	292004  
11th March 2010, 09:34 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Thanks for this tip kilrah, mouse works well when pressing this 'button'.

On QEMU/Win95 version I attached there is a full keyboard (it uses toolbar-full.qtb) - keys are a bit small but I believe you can magnify them using some external software.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)