Thanks Meter: 312

By avs333, Senior Member on 24th October 2009, 03:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2010, 01:23 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member

More
Hi Eli,

I'm going to setup a project somewhere (either old good SVN at Google, or GIT somewhere else). Hope the developers will take part in it to make this app better.
I'll notify this thread when it's done.

Not sure about the Market right now. The program lacks a proper interface (compared to the players found there), and I'm not ready to pay $25 for its hosting just to receive lots of mocking or angry messages

4th March 2010, 02:56 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I like the interface
Yeah as long as its on a webpage somewhere, that would be nice. If its not going to be in the market then it'd be nice to have it auto check for new versions, and notify when there is one.

I like the simplicity of the interface, I guess it could be refined a bit but i hope there's always at least an option for the basic file browser like interface. I'm using it to play my mp3's now to instead of the built in "Music" player.

Eli Criffield
6th March 2010, 04:57 AM |#113  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs333

I'm going to setup a project somewhere (either old good SVN at Google, or GIT somewhere else). Hope the developers will take part in it to make this app better.
I'll notify this thread when it's done.

Yes, I did it. Please visit http://code.google.com/p/andless.
8th March 2010, 01:51 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Woot! That's great news. I agree about waiting a bit for a cool interface before putting it up on the Market. I think the interface is sleek as is, but there's room for beautifying it a bit. (as long as it doesn't affect performance!)
10th March 2010, 01:07 AM |#115  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs333

Yes, I did it. Please visit http://code.google.com/p/andless.

It is really great to see the code is release under GPLv2.

Also I have compiled it using newer NDKr3 with GCC 4.4. It should include a little optimization.
10th March 2010, 04:03 AM |#116  
Flag Sydney

More
Sweet, thanks for the awesome app. Ive been really missing some form of lossless playback after I got my hero.
10th March 2010, 02:45 PM |#117  
Flag Verona
Thanks Meter: 5

More
you rock! thank you very much!

M
10th March 2010, 11:32 PM |#118  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloworld1

Also I have compiled it using newer NDKr3 with GCC 4.4. It should include a little optimization.

Nice to hear that! If you have any suggestions regarding the code, don't hesitate to inform me.
The svn version now supports Apple Lossless. Planning to release the update later this week
11th March 2010, 01:01 AM |#119  
Flag Sofia

More
musepack sv7 only support?
Great, I've installed on my Tattoo only because the Musepack support. I don't know of any other such player.
However, it appeared that it supports only the older SV7 format.
Since the StreamingVersion8 is finalized for more that a year and it is the default codec version now, would you please add it support for SV8 as well?
As far as i know, the SV8 decoder fully supports the older SV7 streams, so there is no need to support two versions actually, just replace the library.
Would you, please?
11th March 2010, 02:00 AM |#120  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonski

Great, I've installed on my Tattoo only because the Musepack support. I don't know of any other such player.
However, it appeared that it supports only the older SV7 format.
Since the StreamingVersion8 is finalized for more that a year and it is the default codec version now, would you please add it support for SV8 as well?
As far as i know, the SV8 decoder fully supports the older SV7 streams, so there is no need to support two versions actually, just replace the library.
Would you, please?

Yes, this is a nuisance. I first tried v8 but didn't succeed. Rolled back to v7 and included it in my TODO list.
I promise I'll do that, most likely in the next upgrade.
As the matter of fact, I have included some code for low resolution devices.
Does it work properly on your Tattoo? I'm very concerned because all I have is the emulator so I can only imagine how it looks on a real device ...
11th March 2010, 12:14 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I just installed it on a Tattoo. It works, no problem. The only thing is that the last entry in the settings page doesn't show (below "shuffle all playlists").

I tried to play FLAC and MPC, and it sounded very nice. But it didn't support lossyflac - I got white noise. (This is lossy files that appears to be normal FLAC - check it out at http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Lossywav.) Perhaps you should consider supporting that?

Will this player do gapless playback?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lossles, musepack

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)