Note 3 vs Xperia Z2

Search This thread

S54B32

Jun 1, 2014
Hi,
I would just like few opinions about the comparison of this 2 smartphone/phablets...
For the past 4 years I've been using only iphones... Now I want to move to android but not sure which one would be better.
I can see there is a lot of complains on Sony camera and problems with gaps etc...
Thanks

nuoitiec19

Jul 14, 2013
Ho Chi Minh
Hi,
I would just like few opinions about the comparison of this 2 smartphone/phablets...
For the past 4 years I've been using only iphones... Now I want to move to android but not sure which one would be better.
I can see there is a lot of complains on Sony camera and problems with gaps etc...
Thanks

note 3 is better

ereneren564

Oct 31, 2010
Amsterdam
Hi,
Thanks

if you use the camera go for Z2 for sure. if you think about note 3 DONT BUY EXYNOS VERSION.

Guojun

May 21, 2014
I don't use so much the camera . When I use it it's usually at racing, rally and other stuff so I need the camera to be quick.
So maybe the new LG G3 might be interesting for you as it uses a laser to auto focus which should theoretically be quicker than the conventional auto focus.

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
If you ask Note 3 owners, whether you should buy Note 3 or Z2, you will be recommended to buy Note 3. Obviously because you ask people who love using Note 3 and thereby have it.

Same thing the other way around.

You are the one, who is buying a new phone, thereby you have to look at the pros and cons of both phones and make the decision :)

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hi,
Thanks

I have both devices.
To be frank, both got pros and cons. Both is actually have similar (I repeat similar) specs, but not the same. :)
Physical size, both almost the same, N3 win in slightly bigger size (in mm calculation).
Internal storage comes in 16gb for Z2, whereby N3 in 32gb (at least here in SG, this is the internal storage size).
RAM is the same 3 gigs (both are smooth).
Battery 3200 for Z2, and 3100 for N3. But so far usage (my personal usage), Z2 has a better power management (both I use without power saving mode).
Camera, no need to say. Rear camera Z2 has a bigger megapixels (20 vs 13) :) But Z2 loose on the front camera. So if you like to do selfie, it sucks :p
The sound to be frank Z2 is nicer in my opinion. A lot of my friends and relatives said sony xperia got a bad sound quality especially when plug in the earphone. But this Z2 is nice. I tested using the same earphone on my Z2 and N3, Z2 is much better.

Custom ROM, N3 (especially N9005) got more custom ROM compare to Z2 (maybe Z2 is still new device). :p

On the other side which Z2 will never win N3 (or note series) is the S-pen. If you like/need to use S-pen for your daily driver (like me), N3 is all the way win. To be frank, I need the S-pen (and all its features). That's why I also never use CM/AOSP base, even I know CM/AOSP is much faster compare to TW.

But when carrying Z2, I don't need to scare that my phone touch water on the rainy day. whereby N3, I need to be careful. So when I'm doin my outdoor activities/work, and I need to use to capture pictures, Z2 will be quite handy and useful at any conditions.

Z2 front and back are tempered glass. So have to be careful not to drop it, otherwise it will break. And better put the screen protector for both side (if you are quite careless in handling phone), to avoid scratches.

So in my opinion, both are good phones with its own pros and cons. :D
M8 ? G3? :p

Reactions: kraken77

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
from what i have seen so far.....i would suggest Z2 if S-pen isnt that big of an issue.....i hardly ever use my spen...except maybe to jot down some notes so i use AOSP roms as TW is laggy sometimes...i would even go on to say the Z2 is a better survivor than the note 3..... just saw the drop test for the Z2. NOT A SINGLE CRACK ON ANY OF ITS GLASS SURFACES!!!! so its tough.... tougher i dare say than the note 3 as its screen broke on the drop test.... as for sound... i know for a fact Z2 is better....screen...it comes down to preference....if you like mad colors note 3....if you want natural colors go for the IPS on Z2...battery rating seemed really good for the Z2 as well....all in all...if you dont use spen all that much...which does tend to happen to a lot of note users...then i would suggest go for the Z2
however....i would like to mention that modding Sony's flagships are much harder than from Samsung's ...... and unlocking bootloaders in Sony always leads to some function failing.... in the Z which i had....the Bravia engine wouldnt work & in the Z1..the camera didnt work...or something related to camera...not 100% sure yet ....Samsung on the other hand is much easier to mod in my opinion....although the introduction of KNOX has brought on some headaches

Last edited:

darkshaft

Jul 21, 2013
I will stick to Note 3, this is a phone from the past for the future, so will wait until Note 4. concerning Z2 not tempting at all against Note 3 not even LG G3, Note 3 still has the best developers support, has elegant look, has the fancy S pen ( might not use a lot but having it is a go, helped me a lot with notes and multitasking), has a decent camera with smart stabilization, I love it.

kraken77

May 6, 2012
Somewhere in The Earth
I have both devices.
To be frank, both got pros and cons. Both is actually have similar (I repeat similar) specs, but not the same. :)
Physical size, both almost the same, N3 win in slightly bigger size (in mm calculation).
Internal storage comes in 16gb for Z2, whereby N3 in 32gb (at least here in SG, this is the internal storage size).
Battery 3200 for Z2, and 3100 for N3. But so far usage (my personal usage), Z2 has a better power management (both I use without power saving mode).
Camera, no need to say. Rear camera Z2 has a bigger megapixels (20 vs 13) :) But Z2 loose on the front camera. So if you like to do selfie, it sucks :p
The sound to be frank Z2 is nicer in my opinion. A lot of my friends and relatives said sony xperia got a bad sound quality especially when plug in the earphone. But this Z2 is nice. I tested using the same earphone on my Z2 and N3, Z2 is much better.

Custom ROM, N3 (especially N9005) got more custom ROM compare to Z2 (maybe Z2 is still new device). :p

On the other side which Z2 will never win N3 (or note series) is the S-pen. If you like/need to use S-pen for your daily driver (like me), N3 is all the way win. To be frank, I need the S-pen (and all its features). That's why I also never use CM/AOSP base, even I know CM/AOSP is much faster compare to TW.

But when carrying Z2, I don't need to scare that my phone touch water on the rainy day. whereby N3, I need to be careful. So when I'm doin my outdoor activities/work, and I need to use to capture pictures, Z2 will be quite handy and useful at any conditions.

Z2 front and back are tempered glass. So have to be careful not to drop it, otherwise it will break. And better put the screen protector for both side (if you are quite careless in handling phone), to avoid scratches.

Great explanation and i'd like to add also, there are not much accessories for Z2 yet for example otterbox, and the boring part of note 3 was there are no FM Radio. But overall both phone as you said have it's own pros and cons.

Safar_Ibrahim

Jan 20, 2008
Hi,
Thanks

my experience on Z1 was bad, camera quality stated 21MP but Note 3 picture quality far better.
if you are looking for water and dust resistance go for S5.

Last edited:

mel2net

Jan 26, 2015
Compare Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia Z2

Hi,

I have a Galaxy Note 2 and I am satisfied with it. If I am going to change it, I would buy newer version of Galaxy Note.

Anyway, maybe the following link helps you to decide one.

smartphonedecision.com/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-vs-Sony-Xperia-Z2

Bye.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
Hi,

I have a Galaxy Note 2 and I am satisfied with it. If I am going to change it, I would buy newer version of Galaxy Note.

Anyway, maybe the following link helps you to decide one.

smartphonedecision.com/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-vs-Sony-Xperia-Z2

Bye.
Well your first post, so nothing to say really but please try to notice when the actual topic was created. In this case it was almost seven months ago!

Mods should CLOSE this topic.

m2geek

Jan 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I had a Z2 - the battery life is 10x better, the camera is 100x better. The Z2 is slippery to hold unless its in a case, it attracts fingerprints like a mofo, and the flap for the charging port becomes annoying. Other than that, its a excellent phone imo. Just doesn't have a stylus like the N3

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
I had a Z2 - the battery life is 10x better, the camera is 100x better. The Z2 is slippery to hold unless its in a case, it attracts fingerprints like a mofo, and the flap for the charging port becomes annoying. Other than that, its a excellent phone imo. Just doesn't have a stylus like the N3
And the display? It should be awful in comparison with Note 3!

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
Display in z2 and note 3 is similar but in note black is definitely better. My friend has z2 so i have often comparasion ;)

Sent from Galaxy Note

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Thanks

I have both devices.