[Q] lg g2 d801 bricked, no download mode,no fast boot only stuck at lg logo

Search This thread

xtremepowered

Jun 7, 2014
hi
i think i bricked my lg g2 d801 t-mobile by first installing stock d802(i know i messed up) after that my phone went to fast boot mode.i used adb to load img files to bring back download mode and then i tried tot method to install stock rom which failed, i then tried pushing img files from adb to get atleast custom recovery but that further bricked my phone which is basically living in this situation:
-no download mode
-no fastboot
-stuck at lg logo when i try to power it on
-no recovery
also i tried using linux to load the img files but linux wont recognize my lg g2 when i type in the commands
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me i am desparate

pitchdarkice

Dec 24, 2011
hi
i think i bricked my lg g2 d801 t-mobile by first installing stock d802(i know i messed up) after that my phone went to fast boot mode.i used adb to load img files to bring back download mode and then i tried tot method to install stock rom which failed, i then tried pushing img files from adb to get atleast custom recovery but that further bricked my phone which is basically living in this situation:
-no download mode
-no fastboot
-no recovery
also i tried using linux to load the img files but linux wont recognize my lg g2 when i type in the commands

Have you tried this method?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701799

Not sure if it's applicable.

-iNCEPTiON-

Apr 29, 2011
Islamabad
hi
-no download mode
-no fastboot
-no recovery

Any luck fixing it ?

Nabuco76

Apr 27, 2014
Kdz flashtool could solve the problem or using an usb.... U could leave the phone until the battery goes off and then recharge a little bit and try download mode again... the first method should work ... press the buttons correctly and connect the usb... working in 95%

iFloButta

Dec 16, 2014
T-Mobile LG G6
lgg2 d801 stuck on lg logo

Kdz flashtool could solve the problem or using an usb.... U could leave the phone until the battery goes off and then recharge a little bit and try download mode again... the first method should work ... press the buttons correctly and connect the usb... working in 95%

could you please explain what you did?
my lgg2 d801 simply boots into the LG logo screen and stays there til it dies.

I do not know too many technicalities when it comes to adb or ubuntu, in fact i dont even know if those programs go on the phone or the computer through usb..

simple clarifications would make the world of difference to me as my phone is useless now.

I can enter download mode using your "let phone die then try again method" but i dont know what to do from there..

Please help me restore my phone to the 4.4.2 kitkat i had previously

thannks in advance

Reactions: nano1126

zorrozeek

Jan 29, 2015
d801 problems

I have a D801 that was rooted on 4.4.2, and I stupidly took the OTA update. I can still use my phone to make calls, but nothing associated with google works. The phone will not boot into download mode, there is no recovery and no fast boot. I have tried everything. It will no reroot or anything . Is there anything that I can do.

spec4

Feb 5, 2013
I have a D801 that was rooted on 4.4.2, and I stupidly took the OTA update. I can still use my phone to make calls, but nothing associated with google works. The phone will not boot into download mode, there is no recovery and no fast boot. I have tried everything. It will no reroot or anything . Is there anything that I can do.

I'm not sure if this will work for the G2 but it worked for my G Pad just last night.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2590185

spec4

Feb 5, 2013
Did you see where the directions say put the device in download mode. My device will not enter download mode.

I can confirm that that method worked for my G2. Make sure you press and hold volume up then plug the phone in. Hold volume up till you see the small box saying its in download mode.
The nice thing about this method it doesn't wipe your data.
Make sure you have downloaded the most current drivers first though before you plug in your phone. Then go to options and update recovery.

Sent from my LG-V500

zorrozeek

Jan 29, 2015
I can confirm that that method worked for my G2. Make sure you press and hold volume up then plug the phone in. Hold volume up till you see the small box saying its in download mode.
The nice thing about this method it doesn't wipe your data.
Make sure you have downloaded the most current drivers first though before you plug in your phone. Then go to options and update recovery.

Sent from my LG-V500
It worked for you because your partitions were not messed up. I know the procedure for getting into download mode, I tell you that it no longer works. Volume up while plugging usb in now gets me a battery charging icon . When you have a rooted phone running 4.4.2 and apply OTA update, it screws the partitions up. I can still send and receive calls, just can't sign into google or use playstore .

spec4

Feb 5, 2013
It worked for you because your partitions were not messed up. I know the procedure for getting into download mode, I tell you that it no longer works. Volume up while plugging usb in now gets me a battery charging icon . When you have a rooted phone running 4.4.2 and apply OTA update, it screws the partitions up. I can still send and receive calls, just can't sign into google or use playstore .

Interesting.
In the other post I found this
I had a similar problem with my T-Mobile LG G2 where I was rooted and accepted an OTA. It broke root and I couldn't get IOroot or Stumproot to work. Went to flash a downgrade and found the phone wouldn't go into download mode. It was NOT bricked. I finally tried playing around with the LG Mobile Support Tool (B2CAppSetup.exe). Of course it detected that my phone already had the latest firmware from T-Mobile, but then I clicked Options>Upgrade Recovery.
It downloaded for a while then I noticed it had put my phone into download mode (it said "Rooted" in red letters at the bottom). Then it flashed the same firmware over and I immediately tested, it entered download mode right away. But I didn't end up needing that as Stumproot was able to brute force it now after the recovery flash.
Anyway, I couldn't find an answer anywhere else. Most results also have a bricked phone, but that wasn't my issue. This solved my problem and maybe it could work for others.

Seems like its possible to get into download mode. I don't know, maybe yours is just different. :confused:

zorrozeek

Jan 29, 2015
Interesting.

Seems like its possible to get into download mode. I don't know, maybe yours is just different. :confused:

mine is not different, just corrupted. Even took it to a craigslist repairman. He said that he did not have the expertise to repair it. It can't be put in recovery, download or fastboot mode. It also can't be rerooted.

Reactions: PDXMatt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lgg2 d801 stuck on lg logo

could you please explain what you did?
    my lgg2 d801 simply boots into the LG logo screen and stays there til it dies.

I do not know too many technicalities when it comes to adb or ubuntu, in fact i dont even know if those programs go on the phone or the computer through usb..

simple clarifications would make the world of difference to me as my phone is useless now.

I can enter download mode using your "let phone die then try again method" but i dont know what to do from there..

Please help me restore my phone to the 4.4.2 kitkat i had previously

thannks in advance
    Interesting.

mine is not different, just corrupted. Even took it to a craigslist repairman. He said that he did not have the expertise to repair it. It can't be put in recovery, download or fastboot mode. It also can't be rerooted.