603 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,455

By DevShaft, Senior Member on 23rd May 2013, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th January 2015, 01:55 AM |#1781  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hello,
I tried to restore ta backup but adb insecure doesnt work. Yes I am rooted on XZ1 108, but if I click on the box to enable adb insecure, it doesnt work.
please help me

30th January 2015, 05:57 AM |#1782  
Flag Taguig
Thanks Meter: 503

More
I am getting an error "Find String (grep) utility has stopped working" when I try to choose a backup when im restoring my TA

like this
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauhanjayc

hi all
i have been trying to restore my TA but getting error"string (QGREP) utility has stopped working"
i have locked bootloader and fresh .283 ftf flashed
rooted and super su installed
any help would be solace
by doing some google people said disable antivirus i did that still no result
also did my compute advance settings still not success

30th January 2015, 03:38 PM |#1783  
Ahmedabad - India
Thanks Meter: 1,453

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnher

I am getting an error "Find String (grep) utility has stopped working" when I try to choose a backup when im restoring my TA

like this

I had that issue on win 10 tech preview but after win 8.1 coming back no more such problems
Check for drivers
The Following User Says Thank You to chauhanjayc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chauhanjayc Ad-Free
30th January 2015, 09:10 PM |#1784  
Thanks Meter: 1,268

Donate to Me
More
Working like a charm ! good work bro.
31st January 2015, 12:12 AM |#1785  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 171

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnher

like this

hi,, did you find a fix for this? , im also running win 10
31st January 2015, 10:50 AM |#1786  
OP Senior Member

More
I write this post to inform you that I will not maintain this tool anymore. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Nexus owner
Since I bought myself the Nexus 5 I have vowed to never buy a non-nexus device (when Nexus is available that is) anymore. Reason for this is the latest updates of Android, the bootloader which can be unlocked and relocked without having to find locked root first and then make a backup of keys or certificates to still have warranty without questions asked. So another Sony device (or any HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc for that matter) will be highly unlikely for me.

Window 8+
I got this beautiful Apple Macbook Pro from my work and I almost never touch my Windows machine anymore. On this machine (old one) I can not install Windows 8 or later since it is not compatible. Therefor I am unable to give support to the latest Windows versions.

No time
I have found some other interesting hobbies I would like to spent my time on. One of them is AI and the other is sports. With that, and my personal life in general, there is no time left to work on projects as these.

Since this project is licensed under MIT, anyone can pick up the maintenance or start their own tool. This thread and their downloads will not be removed, so you can always download the tool for a restore or backup.
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to DevShaft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DevShaft Ad-Free
31st January 2015, 10:57 AM |#1787  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevShaft

I write this post to inform you that I will not maintain this tool anymore. There are a couple of reasons for this.

[

Thank you for your hard work and quality software product you brought to life.

Good luck in your other projects, personal and otherwise!

All the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to vrl13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrl13 Ad-Free
31st January 2015, 11:08 AM |#1788  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Too bad...
You did an awesome job anyway... thank you for your efforts!
The Following User Says Thank You to Feanor88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Feanor88 Ad-Free
31st January 2015, 12:44 PM |#1789  
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Thanks and good luck with your future endeavours!

Sent from my C6603 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to NoSubstitute For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NoSubstitute Ad-Free
31st January 2015, 09:27 PM |#1790  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 419

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevShaft

Nexus owner
Since I bought myself the Nexus 5 I have vowed to never buy a non-nexus device (when Nexus is available that is) anymore. Reason for this is the latest updates of Android, the bootloader which can be unlocked and relocked without having to find locked root first and then make a backup of keys or certificates to still have warranty without questions asked. So another Sony device (or any HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc for that matter) will be highly unlikely for me.

Window 8+
I got this beautiful Apple Macbook Pro from my work and I almost never touch my Windows machine anymore. On this machine (old one) I can not install Windows 8 or later since it is not compatible. Therefor I am unable to give support to the latest Windows versions.

No time
I have found some other interesting hobbies I would like to spent my time on. One of them is AI and the other is sports. With that, and my personal life in general, there is no time left to work on projects as these.

Since this project is licensed under MIT, anyone can pick up the maintenance or start their own tool. This thread and their downloads will not be removed, so you can always download the tool for a restore or backup.

many thanks, and good luck with your life.

Is there a posibility that someone else could continue your work?
The Following User Says Thank You to caqo71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift caqo71 Ad-Free
1st February 2015, 12:30 AM |#1791  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caqo71

Is there a posibility that someone else could continue your work?

Sure, it is licensed under MIT .
It's even possible for someone to take over this thread when truly interested, I will give a green light to the mods when needed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DevShaft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DevShaft Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, partition, restore, trim area
Previous Thread Next Thread