[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for the HTC One m8

Search This thread

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
Quick question about the latest nightlies, how is the in call earpiece volume? I ran nightlies back in early January but had to flash back to GPe/Sense due to the earpiece volume. Even on the lowest settings, the volume is way too loud and people on the other end of the call complain about echoing.

I haven't experienced any of those issues. I'm on the 2/2 nightly and I run viper4android

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tibere86

djbeck811

Jan 2, 2011
Fredericton, NB
CM12 Nightly 02/03

Wow, I did the update and as per the last while the auto update did not work so I went into the CMUPDATER folder and manually installed it from there using TWRP as I have been doing the last few days. When I booted up the phone again, I get the CM startup screen (blue pulsing guy) and nothing more. I booted into recovery and come to find out my phone has been just about completely wiped, No ROM, no sys, no sdcard etc. Even my restore files are GONE!!

Will have to wait until I get home and reinstall everything again arrgghhhhhh

RedBullet

Mar 31, 2010
I don't think applications are receiving notifications, anyone else notice this?

For example, I am running pushbullet which sends notifications to my desktop. It is all setup to receive notifications from the security settings. But nothing...

It works fine on a non-CM12 based lollipop ROM.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Also does HDR work in google camera for anyone? Always crashes google camera...

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
Wow, I did the update and as per the last while the auto update did not work so I went into the CMUPDATER folder and manually installed it from there using TWRP as I have been doing the last few days. When I booted up the phone again, I get the CM startup screen (blue pulsing guy) and nothing more. I booted into recovery and come to find out my phone has been just about completely wiped, No ROM, no sys, no sdcard etc. Even my restore files are GONE!!

It would have booted in say, five minutes or so. Probably when you force restart to recovery during bootup, all major partitions got wiped. This long boot time is really bothering.

djbeck811

Jan 2, 2011
Fredericton, NB
It would have booted in say, five minutes or so. Probably when you force restart to recovery during bootup, all major partitions got wiped. This long boot time is really bothering.
Hope all that it is, it had been about 10 minutes as I had it sitting down and it had booted once already. WOW, slow memory but I just remembered something more (old brain). Before it crapped out, I installed the manual update (as mentioned above) and then had the phone charging. While it was charging the screen would obviously shut off after the set time I had. When I activated the screen, I noticed I would have no cell service. The cell service wouldn't come back until I unlocked the screen (Pin #). I noted this each time I activated the screen so I checked my settings to see if something was set wrong. As all looked fine in the settings, I turned the phone off and on but it was at this point (during this reboot) everything was lost. Wierd eh?

polaric

Oct 23, 2013
Mechanicsburg
play.google.com

I also had the same thing just happen to me. I have my pictures backed up so thats all that matters. Im gonna stay on the 28th nighly for awhile now.

djbeck811

Jan 2, 2011
Fredericton, NB
Fixed

I also had the same thing just happen to me. I have my pictures backed up so thats all that matters. Im gonna stay on the 28th nighly for awhile now.

After about 8 reboots, everything came back!! Not sure what happened as I was getting errors on ADB Sideload when trying to reinstall. Phone back to normal.... whew..... I have no idea what happened!!

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
On the latest nightly, 3/3, I'm having to toggle LTE to get a connection on reboot. Other than that it works fine.

To those having update issues, look into the CyanDelta app on the play store. It only updates what has changed from the previous nightly. My download today was only 22mb. Saves a load of time.

Mohanned85

Dec 8, 2010
Dublin
Lads are use ignoring me like. I have issue of music playback through earphones and curious if use have it and if so what can you do to fix. Thanks. Please reply

henryrk

Feb 24, 2007
gosh this rom is so bloody unstable
im staying away from cm roms for good.
Worse, no support whatsoever. Damn

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida

This rom isn't claiming to be stable. It's nightlies... A stable release hasn't come yet. You should better understand how this works before you make statements like that.

For me, it's fine. It's my daily driver. Only issue I've noticed is bluetooth audio, but that doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:

kaytar

Nov 9, 2010
Bug

During call, if there is another incoming call, active call goes mute (without answering). If answer to the second call, the second call goes mute, too!

henryrk

Feb 24, 2007
This rom isn't claiming to be stable. It's nightlies... A stable release hasn't come yet. You should better understand how this works before you make statements like that.

For me, it's fine. It's my daily driver. Only issue I've noticed is bluetooth audio, but that doesn't matter to me.

Ya , i guess i never read the Nightlies part man, anyway ill come back when its stable. any ETA from developer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=m8&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for the HTC One m8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    invisiblek
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-09
    Last Updated 2015-01-09
    Next Nightly is going to be packed with awesome features:

1. THEME ENGINE!!!!!!
    2. Quick Settings Customization
    3. Quick Charge 2.0
    4. More

Alrighty for those of you who said you cannot get a signal/IMEI/Baseband in the ROM on CM11 or CM12 after updating to the newest firmware (at least to HBOOT 3.19, cant comment on 3.18), I have found a fix to at least use CM11 again without downgrading the HBOOT. All I did was downgrade my radio, details below:

THIS REQUIRES S-OFF, NO WAY AROUND IT

I was kicking myself for not doing firewater when I still could but oh well, if you need s-off use the sunshine method. Its 25$ well spent (at least for me). Sunshine will only work from a stock ROM, so either restore a backup or download a nandroid from somewhere on xda.

HOW TO FLASH

This will only work for ATT users (MID 12000 and CID CWS__001). I honestly dont think its affecting anyone else anyways. If you wish to confirm your MID and CID type the following in fastboot:

Code:
    fastboot getvar all

You are looking for model-id and CID.

There are a couple ways this can be done but I'm just gonna post how I did it. First you want to download the old firmware package from this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696282

The folder you want is 502 and the zip you want is 1.58.502.1, this specific zip is an older firmware package for ATT M8.

1. Extract the zip to a folder, you will see a bunch of img files and an android-info.txt, for funsies you can open the txt to confirm it is for MID 12000 and CID CWS__001
    2. Select the "radio.img" and "android-info.txt" and zip them with winzip/winrar/whatever just make sure its a zip. Name it whatever you want.
    3. Put your phone in fastboot and open a command window in your fastboot folder.
    4. Type the following, remember if you do not have s-off this will not work. It wont brick or anything it just wont work:

Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    This will put your phone in RUU mode, wait for the HTC logo to show with a black screen

Code:
    fastboot flash zip *name.zip*
    Obviously replace "name.zip" with the name of the zip you made, make sure to complete the next command or the process will be incomplete and you might screw up your radio, beats me. Just do it.

Code:
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

This will put you back into bootloader, after this go into recovery and install CM11 with gapps. I tried to use CM12 with this radio and although when initial setup started the signal bar was working the OS crashed immediately after setup and after some bootlooping my data got corrupted and I had to format it and push CM11 from inside TWRP, so dont try to use CM12 with this radio (at least not the 1-28 nightly, install at your own risk).

This will put you on an older radio (ill post the version if anyone really wants it) and you will still have HBOOT 3.19. If you want to downgrade the ENTIRE firmware simply flash the zip that you downloaded from the thread I linked; without removing anything; in the same fashion I described. If you wish to downgrade the firmware entirely without removing your custom recovery remove the "recovery.img" from the zip first.

Hope this helps!!!!!

*Please thanks me if this helps, I have been lurking xda for many years and this is my first contribution to the community*
    hey guys,
    I'm having an issue where I cannot change keyboards. When I try the settings app crashes so I am stuck with the stock keyboard. I'm on the latest nightly. Any help would be amazing. I'm really missing swiftkey.

This was caused by an update introduced to the nightlies on the 17th. There is a fix in review http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/85829/ that will solve this issue once it's approved and merged.