Originally Posted by cmahendra
- READ AND FOLLOW ALL STEPS CAREFULLY
- This guide may have errors and may not work for some in various scenario. If you report them, I may try to explain or correct your steps.
- Read properly and DON'T SEND PM, I will simply ignore PM and laugh on you.
- Phone must have "UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER" or you may Unlock it with the help of another guide in second post below.
- USE INFORMATION AT YOU OWN RISK.
STEP BY STEP NEW GUIDE to Easy Root Without PC + Unlock of LG L9 [No Fastboot] DIRECTLY ON PHONE
Step 1) Preparations:-
- This visual step by step two in one guide can ROOT (unlocked) LG L9 and FLASH RECOVERY without PC.
- Useful for new LG L9 phone owners or someone who just unbricked phone by flashing stock kdz. Works on any stock rom.
- ROOTING WAS NEVER A FUN LIKE THIS BEFORE. BYE BYE YOU BLOODY @#[email protected]# FASTBOOT METHOD. SO NO DIFFICULT FASTBOOT DRIVER INSTALLATION. THIS AMAZING ROOTING METHOD DOES NOT NEED FASTBOOT METHOD AT ALL
- 100% WORKING , TESTED ON MY PHONE AND THEN MADE GUIDE.
- This is not my own discovery. But for newbies like me, I always have gathered all INFORMATION and FILES together and made this useful step by step guide. Experts can still stay away, than criticize.
- In Settings >>> Developer Options >>> Select check mark on for "USB Debugging Mode"
- In Settings >>> Security >>> Select check mark on for "Unknown Resources"
- Download this MAIN ROOTING zip file and extract/copy all files in the root folder of sdcard on phone. The list of files can be seen in this image.
From file-manager, find and Install and Run "LGPwn.apk
" which you will show first screen to select as "Root Me" as shown in following screen. Then you will see first time SuperSU asking for granting permission, select "Deny
" yes "Deny
" for first time. (In some cases this SuperUser permission box may not come
, dont worry about that.)
Now you will see four instruction screens as follows, just bypass them by clicking "Next
" like we always do. Its nothing special but information about its rooting process.
Now you will see EULA License, you need to read and "Accept
", now LGPwn will backup root information and will show next screen titled "Backup" but press "Restore
" button in that screen as shown below.
Now you will see "Restore Location
" screen, select "Internal Storage
" screen where you click on "LGPwn
" entry as shown below.
" Screen will come with dialogue box Cross Model, click "OK
" and "Continue
" as shown below.
Then another Warning dialogue box appears, click "Restore
" and then press "Continue
" on main page to go ahead.
Now phone is almost rooted but still some more step to finish it fully.
Install Super User.
Now from file manager find , install and run "Super SU
" app we copied before. ("eu.chainfire.supersu-1.apk
Now your phone is rooted fully. Close SuperSU app
Install Recovery with Flashify
Now from file manager find , install and run "Flashify
" app we copied before. ("com.cgollner.flashify-1.apk
" the Disclaimer, "Grant
" Superuser permission, and then click on "Choose a file
" on Flash Recovery section box.
Now Flashify will ask you for file-manager name to select Recovery file. Select "Flashify File Explorer
" and press "Once
Now File Explorer will show root area of Phone, here select "SDCARD" and then select file named "recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-p760.img
" and confirm it by pressing "Yup!
Note: You can choose any other compatible recovery like PhilzRecovery or TWRP.
When Flashify successfully copies recovery in Recovery partition you should press "REBOOT NOW
" to go in recovery mode.
When phone reboots you will see CWM 22.214.171.124 Recovery main screen. YOU ARE DONE!!! Enjoy
This is all CLICK AND GO kind of thing and everything went very smooth on my LG L9 P765 in single attempt like a charm and took less than 2 minutes.
Hope it helps! As usual!
CREDITS: Thanks a lot to all the maker of...
4) LG for making this phone
5) Youtube video which helped to document it.
6) Anyone who might be responsible. Please remind if I left anyone.
HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKE THE INFO-GUIDE