By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2015, 09:19 AM |#8521  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchr1s

Well, it looks like I finally got my horrible sounding audio fixed once and for all.

My speakers sounded like they only output treble, and the midrange sound was either non-existant or sounded like it was playing in mud or something. I was running Condu's 4.4.4 KLD ROM from the end of December (which sounded worlds better than the stock 4.2.2 Klyde ROM)... but tonight I flashed Condu's KGL 4.4.4 ROM from Feb 2 and... WOW! It's like I actually have a quality sounding head unit again.

While on the Condu 4.4.4 ROM late Dec ROM, I replaced the CANBUS adapter and also had to switch the factory settings adapter to make the Amp settings do anything (adjustments made no difference in sound quality). Changing the CANBUS in Factory settings made the Amp settings do *something*, but overall sound quality was still horrible, missing a wide variety of sound frequencies. The woofers on my 6.5" speakers hardly moved at all, but treble was blaring loud as can be. I flashed this KGL ROM with the correct canbus adapter and the correct canbus setting in factory settings BEFORE flashing. Not sure if this made any difference in quality (re-flashing after changing to the correct canbus settings), but it really did make the sound quality come to life.

I know there are a handful of others on here that said they were missing midrange sound and just an all around muddy sound, and at least for me, the Feb 2 Condu 4.4.4 KGL ROM 100% resolved my sound quality issues. I'm now happily running a Klyde unit that sounds way better than my factory sound system (which I must say had about 50% of the quality of the factory HU running the KLD ROM).

The only issue I had was, initially after flashing, my volume knob did not change the volume. After a reboot, everything was working 100%.

Thanks Condu!!! Those with sound quality issues, try this ROM! It was a miracle worker for me.

Try also the Viper4Android, and you will notice a HUGE difference in sound quality.

For anybody interested to use Viper4Android, follow this steps:
1. Install the apk from this post
2, Install viper fx drivers when prompted (Choose Super Audio Quality)
3. Restart device
4. Open Viper4Android from Launcher, go to menu, then click "Lock Effect Mode" and choose "Headset"
5. Go To Menu, click "UI Setting" and choose "Expert", to gain access to more options
6. Go to "Headset" tab, and click "Enable"
7. Enable and play with different options, according to your taste in sound

In PowerAmp, in order to enable Viper4Android, you need to uncheck "Direct Volume Control" from Settings -> Audio -> Advanced Tweaks

To start Viper FX from install-recovery.sh, use this command:
Code:
am startservice com.vipercn.viper4android_v2/.service.ViPER4AndroidService
Viper FX affects all the apps sounds (autio player, video player, bluetooth, youtube, etc), but not Radio, which is MCU controlled.

P.S.
More about Viper4Android, can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223
Attached Files
File Type: apk ViPER4Android_4.x_2322.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.41 MB, 1240 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to devilsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devilsoft Ad-Free

10th February 2015, 09:55 AM |#8522  
Flag milan
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Smile
hi, i'm new here.....and sorry if my english is not so perfect..
...The.. Pure Android Car stereo are quite new for me, i read hundred and hundred ...here

i have installed on my Car (kia Sportage) a 4.2.2 KLD 2.20.....this:

i'm happy about that, good sound, good dvd player, good touchscreen, igo navi preinstalled is fantastic, bluetooth and wifi working perfectly with phone
...but some small things... and i hope i will have some help from xda...full on genius!!

1 Radio: .nice FM radio receiver signal , AF seems working (in italy driving on the mountains you need), RDS is working, but PTY show wrong type name... i.e for a music station (99%) have to show .. MUSIC but show RELIGION !!!!! so on the side on station name i see always RELIGION ..!! Something to do?
2 With my surprise no widget selectable, i was thinking that as android, lots of wiidget was present, i.e radio in homepage have only the default and i don't like, but i can't change
3 OBD BT interface immediatly reconized (as u can see on pics, ) but app's like torque(tried several other apps too) don't found.

If some of you found same problem and have try to solve... i hope can help me! http://cdn4.xda-developers.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
10th February 2015, 10:42 AM |#8523  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptechltd

SWC = Steering Wheel Controls

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I have flashed several times. First make sure your downloaded .img file is good. Place it in the root of an sd card and put it in the gps sd card slot. If it doesn't pop up in a few seconds asking if you want to install update.img then press in the reset button for about 5 sconds with a pen and also hold the power button until it beeps the release the power button. Select the ommand to update.img using the volume control and then long press the power button to select it.

Now that I think about it there was 1 ROM that I had trouble with. I pressed the power button and could never get it to select. I think I wound up using a different ROM. I don't remember right now what I did.

Steve

Thanks for the response Steve, i understand the flashing process. The instructions on the first page are very precise. I have already flashed Coudo's 4.4.4 rooted rom. The trouble I'm having is flashing a new rom. I'm not sure how to check the update img. to see if it's good, I've tried 3 different ones with no luck. Frustrating!. I'm going to try another one today and see what happens. Btw, i updated the mcu from 2.12 to 2.20 first, then flashed the rom. Even though the update img. I've tried have failed i was able to flash the mcu back to the 2.16 version. Thanks again for the input, any and all help is appreciated.
10th February 2015, 11:21 AM |#8524  
Flag Skive
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Thumbs up thank you thank you thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchr1s

Well, it looks like I finally got my horrible sounding audio fixed once and for all.

My speakers sounded like they only output treble, and the midrange sound was either non-existant or sounded like it was playing in mud or something. I was running Condu's 4.4.4 KLD ROM from the end of December (which sounded worlds better than the stock 4.2.2 Klyde ROM)... but tonight I flashed Condu's KGL 4.4.4 ROM from Feb 2 and... WOW! It's like I actually have a quality sounding head unit again.

While on the Condu 4.4.4 ROM late Dec ROM, I replaced the CANBUS adapter and also had to switch the factory settings adapter to make the Amp settings do anything (adjustments made no difference in sound quality). Changing the CANBUS in Factory settings made the Amp settings do *something*, but overall sound quality was still horrible, missing a wide variety of sound frequencies. The woofers on my 6.5" speakers hardly moved at all, but treble was blaring loud as can be. I flashed this KGL ROM with the correct canbus adapter and the correct canbus setting in factory settings BEFORE flashing. Not sure if this made any difference in quality (re-flashing after changing to the correct canbus settings), but it really did make the sound quality come to life.

I know there are a handful of others on here that said they were missing midrange sound and just an all around muddy sound, and at least for me, the Feb 2 Condu 4.4.4 KGL ROM 100% resolved my sound quality issues. I'm now happily running a Klyde unit that sounds way better than my factory sound system (which I must say had about 50% of the quality of the factory HU running the KLD ROM).

The only issue I had was, initially after flashing, my volume knob did not change the volume. After a reboot, everything was working 100%.

Thanks Condu!!! Those with sound quality issues, try this ROM! It was a miracle worker for me.

Just updated to the rom you recommended, the sound quality has improved signigficantly. Thank you so much!
10th February 2015, 11:29 AM |#8525  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
BMW E39 with KGL Erisin radio,

still have problem when radio was on and you cold start the car (radio), it freezes every time, sometimes on boot sometimes when booted already, then pressing reset button and it works properly (but then it does not autostart radio), when turning off radio app before shutdown, the boot works.

Sometimes Radio turns on and plays music, but screen is frozen, sometimes screen fills slowly with white pixels, sometimes it's just black screen, but after 1 or 2 resets it always work, maybe also cold soldering somewhere?

Tested with stock 1.77 KGL1 MCU,Android 4.2.2 and 2.22 MCU KGL5, Android 4.4.4

I think that has something to do with the radio, is there any other mtc radio app?
Will try 1.86 MCU today.
10th February 2015, 11:35 AM |#8526  
Thanks Meter: 1,461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsoft

Viper FX affects all the apps sounds (autio player, video player, bluetooth, youtube, etc), but not Radio, which is MCU controlled.

Or the built in Music app which is also MCU controlled.
10th February 2015, 11:38 AM |#8527  
Flag Craiova

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1

Or the built in Music app which is also MCU controlled.

The build in Music app works excelent with Viper FX! You just need to disable the "Animated Graphs" by pressing the button from middle-right. If that graphs are displaying, then Music APP uses MCU directly, so just disable that with the button,
10th February 2015, 11:41 AM |#8528  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk313

1 Radio: .nice FM radio receiver signal , AF seems working (in italy driving on the mountains you need), RDS is working, but PTY show wrong type name... i.e for a music station (99%) have to show .. MUSIC but show RELIGION !!!!! so on the side on station name i see always RELIGION ..!! Something to do?
2 With my surprise no widget selectable, i was thinking that as android, lots of wiidget was present, i.e radio in homepage have only the default and i don't like, but i can't change
3 OBD BT interface immediatly reconized (as u can see on pics, ) but app's like torque(tried several other apps too) don't found.

I afraid they all get the programme type wrong, you could decompile the radio apk and try and change it. Good to hear youre in Italy and AF works, several people have said it doesnt work in Italy.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsoft

The build in Music app works excelent with Viper FX! You just need to disable the "Animated Graphs" by pressing the button from middle-right. If that graphs are displaying, then Music APP uses MCU directly, so just disable that with the button,

The built in Music app is controlled by the MCU (its called MTCMusic.apk !!), what makes you think it isnt ?
10th February 2015, 11:42 AM |#8529  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

Sound quality is down to personal taste - mine sounds good and many people also say theirs sounds good (including at least 2 that have a lot of aftermarket ICE experience) but some also have said they think it sounds bad, but as its Android you can root it and install Poweramp of Viper4android, BeatsAudio etc, so it shouldnt be a problem whatever you think of the sound quality. Button mapping is also no problem - you can re-map them, there are 2 apps written for that purpose

hi!, What are those applications that allow remap physical buttons?
10th February 2015, 11:45 AM |#8530  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpframe

I have a KLD unit 4.4.4 and have udated the mcu and installed Coudo's 4.4.4 udate. I wanted try one of Malaysk's rom. I've tried everything i can think of but cannot get it to install the update img. I've tried resetting the unit via the reset button and the factory reset with no luck. Any ideas of how to do this? Thanks for the help

Try installing from recovery.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonettothebest

oh yeah i read the first page but i can't find anything about bootloop or other stuff like this. i read about TWRP , the no touch control and blablabla but i would like to know if (in case of bootloop) twrp is the only way to save my system.

Bootloop has happened very very rarely, do a thread search if you want to find out how the very few people who had this problem got out of it, otherwise just go ahead and intsall the update.
10th February 2015, 11:47 AM |#8531  
Flag Craiova

More
Quote:

I afraid they all get the programme type wrong, you could decompile the radio apk and try and change it. Good to hear youre in Italy and AF works, several people have said it doesnt work in Italy.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

The built in Music app is controlled by the MCU (its called MTCMusic.apk !!), what makes you think it isnt ?

Because I have Viper FX working with MTC Music really well, if you press that button. Like I said, pressing that button, the app process the sound with android instead of going straight to MCU sound process.
I can make a video if you wish, but you can also test a little and you will see that i'm not wrong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)