FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Expo Original/ Official ROM - v10d - 21749.5.0.28

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Jayant, Junior Member on 14th March 2010, 07:00 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
LG Expo Original/ Official ROM - v10d

I was seriously unhappy with LG for not providing us an update for so long and lack of base ROM was not allowing us to start cooking ourselves.

Pissed off wondering why I bought my LG Expo at full price and not buy one of those HTC alternatives, today I got down to see if I can scoop some info from their website/ update utility/ etc etc. I fired up WireShark, Fiddler2 and some of tools I wrote myself.

Going thru various network packets, I found a perticular XML snippet that looked interesting. It had a URL that was pointing to an exe called: LG_SmartPhone_SW_Upgrade_GW820_V10d_Ship.exe .

Though we are already on V10d and it is not a update for us, it meant that if that path was accessible and I was able to download the file, we will have the original ROM that our phone was shipped with

So here are the URL's:
URL1: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata..._V10d_Ship.exe
URL2: http://csmgaic.lgmobile.com/swdata/W..._V10d_Ship.exe

Once you download the exe and launch it, it starts extracting the phone image. Do not click 'Start Update' button.

It extracts to
%ProgramData%\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\GW820-V10d-OCT-27-2009+0.dz

On Windows 7 it translates to something like:
C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\GW820-V10d-OCT-27-2009+0.dz

With this I think I can say:

Let the cooking begin!!

14th March 2010, 09:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
omfg is this a dream? u just made my ****ing day! kudos to u good sir! kudos to u! someone get this man a cookie asa - ****ing - p! does Dark know yet? if only i had his number id call and wake him... im sure he'd want to know
14th March 2010, 01:45 PM |#3  

More
So I just learned about the LGFlashMuncher and parser, but neither of those utilities are working on this FLASH.bin... Both utilities give me this output:

Found Magic Header
Found image [email protected], length 0xf08fa00
MainBlock 0x0
MainBlock 0x202000
MainBlock 0x404000
MainBlock 0x606000
MainBlock 0xaeae00
MainBlock 0xef6e800
Checking MBR @sector 0x320
Sector NOT FOUND
14th March 2010, 02:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Jayant, Wtg dude.

WR
14th March 2010, 03:21 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Antonio, Tx
Thanks Meter: 475

More
omgwtfbbq?
14th March 2010, 06:43 PM |#6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Logan, UT
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant

LG Expo Original/ Official ROM - v10d

I was seriously unhappy with LG for not providing us an update for so long and lack of base ROM was not allowing us to start cooking ourselves.

Pissed off wondering why I bought my LG Expo at full price and not buy one of those HTC alternatives, today I got down to see if I can scoop some info from their website/ update utility/ etc etc. I fired up WireShark, Fiddler2 and some of tools I wrote myself.

Going thru various network packets, I found a perticular XML snippet that looked interesting. It had a URL that was pointing to an exe called: LG_SmartPhone_SW_Upgrade_GW820_V10d_Ship.exe .

Though we are already on V10d and it is not a update for us, it meant that if that path was accessible and I was able to download the file, we will have the original ROM that our phone was shipped with

So here are the URL's:
URL1: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata..._V10d_Ship.exe
URL2: http://csmgaic.lgmobile.com/swdata/W..._V10d_Ship.exe

Once you download the exe and launch it, it starts extracting the phone image. Do not click 'Start Update' button.

It extracts to
%ProgramData%\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\GW820-V10d-OCT-27-2009+0.dz

On Windows 7 it translates to something like:
C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\GW820-V10d-OCT-27-2009+0.dz

With this I think I can say:

Let the cooking begin!!

your my new best bud.

edit. i get runtime error "this app has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. ....."
14th March 2010, 10:06 PM |#7  
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefcrist

your my new best bud.

edit. i get runtime error "this app has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. ....."

Interesting it doesnt unpack nicely with the incite/KS20 tools
15th March 2010, 03:58 AM |#8  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Antonio, Tx
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Conflipper managed to decrypt the rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=646712
15th March 2010, 04:08 PM |#9  

More
what about a kitchen? can we use an existing one or does one have to be created? never cooked before but wouldn't mind taking a stab at it...
conflipper
15th March 2010, 04:31 PM |#10  

More
: depack rom
osnbtool -sp flash.bin
osnbtool -sp flash.bin.BIN.NB0
osnbtool -d flash.bin.BIN.NB0.OS.NB 1 xip.bin
osnbtool -d flash.bin.BIN.NB0.OS.NB 2 imgfs.bin

: ... (imgfstodump.exe imgfs.bin)
:get imgfs.new;xip_out.bin

Use this to decompile the files.
16th March 2010, 01:38 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant

Do you remember where abouts in the updater app you were doing stuff when it generated that response? I was inspired by your success and hooked my IQ up with a network tap running yesterday, but I was only able to find a reference to a kdz file, which Dark tried unsuccessfully to extract.

I got that url by trying 'recovery phone' from the menu, so I'm hoping there's somewhere else you went to get reference to the .exe and I can do some more digging.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread