[Q] Unsuccessful reflash of Homecare Fly One Note7

Search This thread

jardam.cz

Mar 25, 2013
Hello guys.

I would like to ask you for help with my bricked Homecare. I apparently cocked up the flashing process and now I don't know, how to proceed.

What I did:

At first I used the Russian (translated) version of supertool designated for Homecare Note 7. But the process wasn't 100 % successful. The bootloader has been unlocked, CWM recovery has been flashed, ROM 4.3 has been flashed. The tablet was able to boot, but it always froze after a few minutes of operation. Most probably there was a wrong boot flashed. No idea.

So, I checked the forums and RootJnky's videos and decided to use CWM to flash a deodex 4.3 stock ROM.

Flash process was successful, but after restart the tablet remains in boot-loop.

Now, I was NEVER able to enter the Recovery or Bootloader using the button combination. Don't ask me why, but it wasn't possible. I could however access recovery or bootloader using ADB.

Right now the only status except a boot-loop is the APX mode. Is there still a chance how to unbrick the tablet???

Thanks for any advice.

Jaro

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Now, I was NEVER able to enter the Recovery or Bootloader using the button combination. Don't ask me why, but it wasn't possible. I could however access recovery or bootloader using ADB...Jaro

At worse case scenario you need to use APX mode to reflash. You can get the download references for the APX files, particularly the package from Advent UK. The package is setup for Windows but it's easy to use in Linux with their executables.

The APX mode does reflash your tablet in whole, but the end result may not be perfect, but should allow a stepping stone to fastboot mode.

If you can obtain 'fastboot' mode then your can reflash partitions. The 'adb' mode in recovery level or system level will allow for updates with 'sideload' command.

Hope that helps.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
At worse case scenario you need to use APX mode to reflash. You can get the download references for the APX files, particularly the package from Advent UK. The package is setup for Windows but it's easy to use in Linux with their executables.

The APX mode does reflash your tablet in whole, but the end result may not be perfect, but should allow a stepping stone to fastboot mode.

If you can obtain 'fastboot' mode then your can reflash partitions. The 'adb' mode in recovery level or system level will allow for updates with 'sideload' command.

Hope that helps.

@e8hfff I managed to sort him out yesterday using the APX method the use has now got it working, with no issues at all (WiFi works as well).
The only thing different for him is that his Generic bootanimation which Xolo Tegra Note 7's have is now showing advent.

I will send you a PM in a bit out the bootanimation as i have a idea LOL.

jardam.cz

Mar 25, 2013
@e8hfff I managed to sort him out yesterday using the APX method the use has now got it working, with no issues at all (WiFi works as well).
The only thing different for him is that his Generic bootanimation which Xolo Tegra Note 7's have is now showing advent.

I will send you a PM in a bit out the bootanimation as i have a idea LOL.

Hi hacktrix2006.

Thanks for the help again. The tablet is working like dream. All my Chinese colleagues are staring at it. The poor guys know only the products of the fruit company (Apple).

I saw the boot animation is a set of pictures in the flash package from Advent. It is ZIPed.

Is there any way how to make and flash a boot animation without reflashing the whole thing? (I know the answer already, but I don't know how to do it :DDD)

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Hi hacktrix2006.

Thanks for the help again. The tablet is working like dream. All my Chinese colleagues are staring at it. The poor guys know only the products of the fruit company (Apple).

I saw the boot animation is a set of pictures in the flash package from Advent. It is ZIPed.

Is there any way how to make and flash a boot animation without reflashing the whole thing? (I know the answer already, but I don't know how to do it :DDD)

The bootanimation.zip is in /lbh partition under media. Should be a easy enough to copy and paste in if not then i will have a look for a way of doing it without flashing all of it again.

Larnuse

Jan 11, 2011
Docs on Homecare Fly One rom update

Hi jardam.cz AND hacktrix2006
I see you guys have a working method to update the Homecare Fly One - do you have any documentation on how to root and update the rom for this model? Jardam mentioned a Russian rom, but it caused problems. I really don't want to brick this, as I live and breathe with this tablet every day! But I can't stand the limitations of no root.

Almost all the YouTube videos show EVGA solutions, and lots of people have Homecare Fly One problems - what's the solution please? :confused:

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
They are all the same base nvidia model which is p1640 the lbh partition is wrote when flashing via apx mode which can be risky. However there is a twrp recovery for our device and a stock 4.4.2 image from tom you can use to flash a generic version if the os.