Splashtop (Bundled) vs. HD vs. THD vs. LogMeIn

Search This thread

mardiie

Aug 9, 2010
you have to be logged into your machine when splashtop connects. if your pc turns off display, sleeps, logs off, or is configured for multi-user it will not work. The streamer app should prevent the pc from sleeping. what operating system are you using on your desktop? you can test splashtop with the built-in version of mynet.

as for 2x remote for it to work outside your wifi you need to port forward tcp 3389 to your desktop ip address in your internet router. then you would configure 2x remote to connect to your internet ip.

That's not true.
I use splash top THD. Works great over wifi. I haven't tried it over 3g yet since I hardly use that on my prime!
Your PC can be a sleep, outside ur user account and it still works. What you do is Wake on LAN (which is in the splashtop app at the arrow next to your PC name) , then connect with splash top and make sure it starts on PC startup. Then the service is available from the login screen. You log in and voila!
I'm loving it. Windows usage is awesome,but as said no copy from android. But I dont do that anyway. For music and media its also awesome and games work OK.
However it sucks that you can't create custom control schemes in splash top itself so atm the creators have to add game profiles which makes sky rim joke to play with touch, but impossible with prime keyboard/mouse since it flips out sensitivities of the mouse without asking.
Nor does it play games in full screen atm.
For the rest its just great!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

halloumi3

Jul 6, 2010
It does play games in fullscreen as long as you have an Nvidia gpu setup that doesn't use SLI or optimus.

halloumi3

Jul 6, 2010
I'm telling you as someone who has done it. As a matter of fact I had Skyrim streaming fullscreen while my Prime was connected by HDMI to my TV just about 5 hours ago. Others have done it as well and reported so on the other Splashtop threads.

urboy4mbx

Oct 13, 2010
New York
useful information here...this helped me decide which app to purchase for remote desktop solutions.

by the way guys...SPLASHTOP THD is on sale for $4.99 for a few days only. I think some of us should give it a try.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

MirQoo

Feb 5, 2009
been using splashtop THD for a quite while, and i am totally satisfied. New control options are amazing! I am able to play WoW without any issue on prime :) there is no lag at all for me

epicfailure53

Oct 26, 2011
How is it over 3G?

I'd like to access my movie collection (mostly 1080p) using only 3G speeds. I've tried it using the built in app through mycloud and it works well while on my home network but lags really bad on 3G. Does THD take care of this issue or is it strictly cell carrier related?

shri148

Feb 18, 2015
Information

In addition to Splashtop and logmein, you may even consider using a R-HUB remote support server.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    depending on what you need to do with your computer outside your house,
    i think your best bet is to set your computer up with VNC that way it goes from your tablet to your computer instead of through some other company's server and such

personally i think thats more secure

RealVNC has been flawless for me. Works real smooth on the prime. I use it a lot at work to bounce back and forth between my desktop and tablet when in meetings and such. You get mouse capability as well.

However a lot of people have been using Wyse pocket cloud pro with great sucess as well when outside the office. They could only get the paid version to work though.

Both are available on the "Google Play" market.