FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!

971 posts
Thanks Meter: 663

By grankin01, Senior Member on 2nd December 2010, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2013, 10:04 PM |#1051  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qipengart

Thanks my anti-virus program was erasing the file so I ended up having to disable it

I just finished the script $ /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start FAA90000 -end FFFFFFFF and it worked but it still did not give me temp root when I went to the terminal and tried to type in ype "cd /data/local" and hit enter.
Now type "chmod 777 gfree" and hit enter to make the program executable.
Type "./gfree -f" and hit enter.

Any ideas why I can't get the exploit to work?

Sounds like you are skipping quite a few steps... you need to complete the entire downgrade process in the first thread (and install the Froyo PD15IMG) before you start messing with gfree in the second thread. Did you switch tabs and start following the wrong directions?
The Following User Says Thank You to unqualified For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unqualified Ad-Free

18th December 2013, 10:33 PM |#1052  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unqualified

Sounds like you are skipping quite a few steps... you need to complete the entire downgrade process in the first thread (and install the Froyo PD15IMG) before you start messing with gfree in the second thread. Did you switch tabs and start following the wrong directions?

I thought that GFree can be run without having to do downgrading? I will try to run through all the steps then.
16th March 2014, 07:03 AM |#1053  
Flag MANAMA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
need help on s-off
currently
my bootloader is s-on
radio 26.13.04.19_m
baseband 12.62.60.27u_26.13.04.19_M

i am running android 2.3.4

kindly help me to install root ,s-off and custom recovery
18th March 2014, 08:44 PM |#1054  
Flag █ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
Thanks Meter: 502

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarif_ziaee

currently
my bootloader is s-on
radio 26.13.04.19_m
baseband 12.62.60.27u_26.13.04.19_M

i am running android 2.3.4

kindly help me to install root ,s-off and custom recovery

Downgrade first. Use the guide in this thread.
26th January 2015, 09:33 PM |#1055  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I'm trying this right now but Visionary doesn't let me temp root. It just freezes on the Visionary screen. Anyone know why? My phone's already rooted, but I'm trying to do it again so I can try to get my SIM unlock.
27th January 2015, 02:02 AM |#1056  
Flag Elgin, IL
Thanks Meter: 1,841

More
try using the one from modaco, worked well for me when i had to re-root my glacier.
27th January 2015, 01:18 PM |#1057  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elginsk8r

try using the one from modaco, worked well for me when i had to re-root my glacier.

Well, that's exactly it. It's a reroot thing. This phone was rooted about two years ago, probably longer and I'm having trouble with it recognizing my current SIM card. It says I need an unlock code even though it is saying S=OFF in the bootloader and Visionary doesn't seem to want to let me go into temproot. So, I figured the best thing to do would be to reroot the phone. So, I'm stuck.
21st February 2015, 05:33 AM |#1058  
Flag screwston, texas (houston)
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley

Well, that's exactly it. It's a reroot thing. This phone was rooted about two years ago, probably longer and I'm having trouble with it recognizing my current SIM card. It says I need an unlock code even though it is saying S=OFF in the bootloader and Visionary doesn't seem to want to let me go into temproot. So, I figured the best thing to do would be to reroot the phone. So, I'm stuck.

If your trying to use the HTC glacier on a other carrier besides t-mobile, seeing the words "sim and unlock code".correct me if I'm wrong devs, that's a carrier unlock which has nothing to do with rooting. S-off I guess is security off for the bootloader.

Sent from my HTC One running my common sense beta rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony the noob :D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tony the noob :D Ad-Free
25th April 2015, 05:10 PM |#1059  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the noob :D

If your trying to use the HTC glacier on a other carrier besides t-mobile, seeing the words "sim and unlock code".correct me if I'm wrong devs, that's a carrier unlock which has nothing to do with rooting. S-off I guess is security off for the bootloader.
Sent from my HTC One running my common sense beta rom

Hey, thanks for the reply. Just noticed it now. Ok, so I'm not sure what that means. Is it my SIM card that is locked to my phone? Or to my specific network? If the phone is rooted and unlocked, shouldn't I be able to put any SIM card in and have it work?
7th May 2015, 06:32 AM |#1060  
Flag screwston, texas (houston)
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley

Hey, thanks for the reply. Just noticed it now. Ok, so I'm not sure what that means. Is it my SIM card that is locked to my phone? Or to my specific network? If the phone is rooted and unlocked, shouldn't I be able to put any SIM card in and have it work?

Your phone is locked to the tmobile network. Your trying to use it on an other carrier so you have to call tmobile for the unlock code I guess. I'm on tmobile so I'm not sure. I'v never carrier unlocked my t mobile phones because I'm on that carrier.
7th May 2015, 08:28 AM |#1061  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the noob :D

Your phone is locked to the tmobile network. Your trying to use it on an other carrier so you have to call tmobile for the unlock code I guess. I'm on tmobile so I'm not sure. I'v never carrier unlocked my t mobile phones because I'm on that carrier.

Cool. Thanks. I have another question, I'll place it in the QA thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)