FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2vzw]

438 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,072
 
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2014, 12:45 PM |#831  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
MMS issues
I've been having some MMS issues on carbon... It seems to happen mostly if connected to wifi. I cannot download new messages nor send them, but after a 2nd attempt and after turning wifi off, they work. Is there a simple fix for this?

Also, what's everyone's favorite kernel? I tried the latest lean kernel but it was killing me in battery and reboots. Thanks!
 
 
12th November 2014, 12:01 PM |#832  
Senior Member
Latrobe, PA
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmaniac87

I've been having some MMS issues on carbon... It seems to happen mostly if connected to wifi. I cannot download new messages nor send them, but after a 2nd attempt and after turning wifi off, they work. Is there a simple fix for this?

Also, what's everyone's favorite kernel? I tried the latest lean kernel but it was killing me in battery and reboots. Thanks!

Are you using stock app for MMS or 3rd party? I have heard that this issue is carrier dependent as well as app related.
12th November 2014, 12:23 PM |#833  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlucchetti

Are you using stock app for MMS or 3rd party? I have heard that this issue is carrier dependent as well as app related.

Using Google Hangouts for messaging and on Verizon
12th November 2014, 03:57 PM |#834  
Senior Member
Latrobe, PA
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
[QUOTE=jpmaniac87;56686363]Using Google Hangouts for messaging and on Verizon[/QUOTE

For g&g, try the stock app and see if it works.
17th November 2014, 06:02 AM |#835  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Anyone having issues with phone volume? Randomly when I answer calls it sticks at max volume. If you volume up a few times or toggle speaker it unlocks but will reappear. I've seen this with other AOSP/CM ROMS so think may be common bug for this phone but haven't seen it reported. Everything else perfect! Thx!
26th November 2014, 03:35 AM |#836  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Proximity Sensor
I've been experiencing battery drain and now have a noticed that the red light that is the proximity sensor is always on. The phone always seems to be in pocket mode, even with active display of. Is there a fix for this?
5th January 2015, 04:17 AM |#837  
Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley
Thanks Meter: 688
 
Donate to Me
More
Just installed the 11/6 build and can't get profiles to work. Primarily the volumes won't change. Anybody else have this issue?
6th January 2015, 12:06 AM |#838  
Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley
Thanks Meter: 688
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmaniac87

I've been experiencing battery drain and now have a noticed that the red light that is the proximity sensor is always on. The phone always seems to be in pocket mode, even with active display of. Is there a fix for this?

Perhaps try disabling Lockscreen Notifications (different from Active Display)?
6th January 2015, 04:40 PM |#839  
Deliquified's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Goldsboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 189
 
More
Any news when Carbon rom may have a build available? I miss dark carbon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
25th February 2015, 01:48 AM |#840  
Senior Member
Latrobe, PA
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
If lollipop isn't going to be viable for S3, can we see a return to tweaking and enhancing kk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes