[Q] New S4 VE GT-I9515

Search This thread

Roald1987

Nov 26, 2014
progress

Hey Guys,, everybody who's following this forum or threads to manage rooting, custom recover and flash custom rom on their gti9515,, should go take a look at this forum:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768285&page=18
Till now becauseof this threads i managed to root and put custom recovery on my samsung galaxy s4 value edition ,, and theyre now busy with building the most stable kernel that is possible for the i9515 .. so just got to wait a little more for that hopefully then it will be possible for me to put the unofficial cm 12 android lollipop for s4 on it :D:victory:
big applause and thanks for the developers making this possible and giving us the possiblety to get the most out of our own purchased devices :victory:

grA$

Oct 26, 2010
BUH
HAd to unROOT

I had to restore (unROOT) my s4 VE cause was constant rebooting randomly.

Wildnick

May 23, 2012
Mine was also randomly rebooting. Then I've used Titanium Backup to uninstall all Knox stuff, which I never used. Now it operates flawlessly.

Sent from my GT-I9515L using XDA Free mobile app

borg17a

Aug 18, 2010

2 Question about the SRSRoot-method:

- would you recommend this method or do you have problems with it (reboots?)?
- what is with the know-counter? will it increase to 0x1?

I bought yesterday my S4 VE and I'm a little bit dissapointed. At first my SD-card didn't work and I have to use another one and then it's getting quite warm at the camera area. And finally I realize how I like my S2 PLUS :)

girdap

Dec 2, 2009
Malaga

My wife has a GT-I9515 and same reboots happened.
Phone was from Saudi Arabia(KSA) but this happened when I've installed a newer ROM.
ROM is for XSG.
So I've turned back to KSA ROM.
If this happens again I'll remove knox stuff with Titanium backup.
Free version can uninstall capability also.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I finally tried new method on my my Samsung S4 VE 9515 - Android 4.4.2 using SRS One Click Root version 4.7.

1) go to settings --> more --> about device and tap on Android Version 6 times till you get Developer Mode activated;
2) Install Samsung Drivers (or Kies and chose drivers only)
3) Activate USB debuging (in settings --> more --> developer options)
4) Download and install SRS One Click Root version 4.7.
5) Open SRS and click ROOT Device (Smart ROOT) -second button from top (don't worry your AV probably will say the program is dangerous - ignore )

Voila not rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 VE 9515

Towel root not worked for my 9515, only CF-autoroot worked newer ROMS.
But CF-autoroot voids knox status 0x1, does smart ROOT has the same effect?
Triangleaway app resets the counter but device status is always custom even if I've used the tracker option.

AronVanAmmers

Nov 23, 2014
Rooting my i9515 was smooth using CF-autoroot (http autoroot.chainfire.eu).

I had the same rebooting problems. Symptoms: A short vibration, the Samsung logo showing like the normal boot sequence and after that all apps were killed/restarted. In other words, anything a full reboot would do. It happened several times per day, sometimes when using the phone, sometimes when it was just lying on my desk. It could even happen at the moment when I picked up an incoming call. It wasn't a very usuful phone like that.

Uninstalling all apps with "knox" in the name (about 6) and also "KLMS agent" which had the same icon, using Titanium backup Pro, seems to have resolved the issue. I have not had a spontaneous reboot since, for about a week now.

Thanks all for reporting; I wasn't sure whether the reboots were caused by rooting, but since multiple people reported the same symptoms it was quite clear.

Now just waiting for a proper recovery and ROM to arrive for this model (preferrably Cyanogenmod). From what I've seen reported, all ROMs up to now fail to make the touchscreen working (which is worse than constant reboots :)).

paulfw

Mar 19, 2009
There is a tutorial on w0lfdroid that nicely explains how to use towelroot with newer kernel versions. This took me a while to figure out: the versions (NF2, NF3, etc) are the last 3 characters of your baseband version. So check which version you have under device info, mine was I9515XXU1ANI3, meaning you have to flash back the NI3 version. I don't know what happens if you don't flash back the right version. First you flash the ROOT version, that breaks your wifi. Load the root .tar.md5 archive in odin under AP, make sure you don't Re-Partition. Turn off phone and start download mode: vol down+home+power, then confirm with vol up.

Then, when running towelroot, you have to change the modstring, this is all explained in the tutorial. After rooting I installed SuperSU which automatically offers to get rid of all KNOX crap, and then

Then you flash back the NF3 version in my case which restores wifi.

Find the tutorial here www w0lfdroid com/2014/09/TowelRoot-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-S5-and-Note3-Android-4.4.2-NF-or-Later.html

For ultimate hand-holding, watch step by step video: www youtube com/watch?v=VqxSvsUMYco

Replace spaces in url with '.'s, I'm not allowed to post links but I hope this is ok.

This way doesn't trip the knox 0x1 flag, after this ordeal my knox is still 0x0. Some issues with spontaneous rebooting have been reported after rooting, I don't know if that applies to this method. Chances are you have to disable all knox apps which seems to fix this. I'm rooted for a full 5 minutes so no problems either way so far, I've just allowed SuperSU to disable knox.

I don't know about any custom roms or recoveries, main reason for me to root my phone is to remove all bloatware and be able to manage permissions.

I hope this helps anyone :)

Reactions: the_pretzels

coreeff

Oct 31, 2014

I had the same rebooting problems. Symptoms: A short vibration, the Samsung logo showing like the normal boot sequence and after that all apps were killed/restarted. In other words, anything a full reboot would do. It happened several times per day, sometimes when using the phone, sometimes when it was just lying on my desk. It could even happen at the moment when I picked up an incoming call. It wasn't a very usuful phone like that.

Uninstalling all apps with "knox" in the name (about 6) and also "KLMS agent" which had the same icon, using Titanium backup Pro, seems to have resolved the issue. I have not had a spontaneous reboot since, for about a week now.

Thanks all for reporting; I wasn't sure whether the reboots were caused by rooting, but since multiple people reported the same symptoms it was quite clear.

Now just waiting for a proper recovery and ROM to arrive for this model (preferrably Cyanogenmod). From what I've seen reported, all ROMs up to now fail to make the touchscreen working (which is worse than constant reboots :)).
Do we need those knox based apps on near future or not.... since I had uninstalled those without backing up them I am a little bit worried ..... Anyway thanx for the rebooting solution.

coreeff

Oct 31, 2014

I had uninstalled all knox apps using titanium backup except one which is disabled by supersu after rooting with cf-autoroot.. And today when the titanium backup gets updated immediately after the update phone starts to reboot. Should I also uninstall the app disabled by supersu? Or what could be the possible solution? Please help ASAP.

MichaelListon

Feb 20, 2015
Hello, I have trawled through every thread I could find related to the S4 I9515 model but can't find any correct unlocking information. I have rooted and tried various ROMs but I am always asked for the SIM unlock code. When I attempt to use the SERVICE MODE method and change the PERSO SHA256 settings, the only option my phone returns is PERSO SHA256 Info. Your help will be much appreciated!

Chetan Kaleeth

Sep 4, 2013
Jammu
Region lock or SIM Unlock code promlem still persists

Hello, I have trawled through every thread I could find related to the S4 I9515 model but can't find any correct unlocking information. I have rooted and tried various ROMs but I am always asked for the SIM unlock code. When I attempt to use the SERVICE MODE method and change the PERSO SHA256 settings, the only option my phone returns is PERSO SHA256 Info. Your help will be much appreciated!

Still no proper solution to this Regiona lock Or SIM unlock code problem for my Samsung Galaxy S4 value edition Gt i9515. I rooted my phone about 8 months ago but had no success with SIM unlock code. After reading a whole lots of posts i have found that Samsung have managed to use different network antennae for different parts of world as they used Frequencies of bands across different continent i.e., that frequencies differs for America and Asia. Even there are differences across the countries. In my case it differs from Saudi Arabia to India. Somewhere on XDA i read that this could be fixed in Sony devices which uses same hardware across the world but this does not works with Samsung's new class of devices which uses different regions as to save manufacturing cost and cater to different network frequencies.

The service mode method is nothing but a silly joke:silly:. But try using Region Lock away App by Chainfire. It is available on Google play Store for some cash but also can be found on Xda forum for free. Try looking for it and give it a hopeful try. I had no success with it but some user had succeeded using this app as reported on some other forums.
Some Guys on XDA developers have managed a custom rom for this phone but i don't know if this SIM unlock code problem persists or has vanished. Please acknowledge any custom rom you used worked or not ?

HERE IS THE LINK TO CUSTOM ROM THREAD
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768285
(This is the valid only thread where developers have managed to get things working as far as cumtom rom for this model are concerned)

Best of luck:good:
please report back if this works for you.

Say thanks if this seems helpful
Waiting for your reply

Last edited:

Chetan Kaleeth

Sep 4, 2013
Jammu
http://best-tech-reviews.com/unoffi...u1anh5-galaxy-s4-value-edition-gt-i9515-1472/

, im about to download it,, and flash it, because nothing says bluethoot and wifi eant working what you guys think?

Be aware of such illusions that make you do harm to you device. Flashing a custom rom is always exciting but just diving for it without having done a proper research about your device may kill your device. so please be careful and do read some other threads regarding this device on XDA. Red about its kernel, bootloader and banseband version and then get to know about how to do it safe because once something goes wrong there will be no coming back. This device is not yet officially supported by any ROM maker so you better checkout this link and read it to full this is about development and flashing of a custom rom for Samsung Galaxy S4 i GT9515

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768285

Make sure you don't brick you device
GOOD LUCK BUDDY:good:

Roald1987

Nov 26, 2014
@Chetan Kaleeth thanks for the advice man,, ive waited with flashing after reading its is a version without working wifi and bluethoot,, im gonna keep up with the forum you adviced me,, thanks again :thumbup::)

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

cyrux75

Mar 30, 2011
Salerno
New official Lollipop ROM available on Sammobile !

Model GT-I9515
Model name GALAXY S4 VE
Country Poland
Version Android 5.0.1
Changelist 4421239
Build date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 11:19:37 +0000
Product code XEO
PDA I9515XXU1BOC3
CSC I9515OXA1BOC3

Reactions: idiversss

El Cruz

Nov 26, 2014
Agudos
GT-I9515L Android 5.0.1 also avaliable!

I know, a little lat to update, but better late than never...

- Launched 10th Abril 2015:
Model GT-I9515L
Model name GALAXY S4 VE
Country Trinidad and Tobago
Version Android 5.0.1
Changelist 4532251
Build date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:34:28 +0000
Product code TTT
PDA I9515LUBU1BOC4
CSC I9515LUUB1BOC4

(PARTICULAR NOTE 1: For my brazilian brothers, it works on our BRA GT-9515L, just follow the guide using that Odin on the link!)
(PARTICULAR NOTE 2: BE CAREFUL WHEN PLAYING WITH SELinux on this! Restoring the firmware 1st time here! Lolololol! Samsung really made eforts to well lock his Lollipop versions! )

Reactions: the_pretzels

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Autoroot for I9505 worked in I9515

Just for you to know, I just rooted my I9515 using the I9505 CF-Autoroot file. :good: It all ran quick and easy, as if they really were the same phone.
    thank you, I eagerly awaits your return to the test with your claver

I just paired my belkin bluetooth keyboard with my I9515 back to full stock (no root either), having no issues whatsoever.

Turned phone bluetooth on, pressed the keyboard pairing dedicated button, the phone identified it, gave me a pin, I entered the pin in the keyboard, and... voilà! It worked just perfect.

What happened when you tried pairing your keyboards? Has any message popped up? What makes you think it was a 4.4kk problem?
    progress

Hey Guys,, everybody who's following this forum or threads to manage rooting, custom recover and flash custom rom on their gti9515,, should go take a look at this forum:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768285&page=18
    Till now becauseof this threads i managed to root and put custom recovery on my samsung galaxy s4 value edition ,, and theyre now busy with building the most stable kernel that is possible for the i9515 .. so just got to wait a little more for that hopefully then it will be possible for me to put the unofficial cm 12 android lollipop for s4 on it :D:victory:
    big applause and thanks for the developers making this possible and giving us the possiblety to get the most out of our own purchased devices :victory:

I just bought an Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition EU (i9515)

I tried towelroot but it say "no supported device"

Any ideea how to root.

Added screenshot with phone data.

For towel root to work, you need a very old stock 4.4.2 kernel (probably the first) and then use towelroot and then again flash your firmware's kernel to gaim root access.

So basically it is now a tedious task, with little dev support and no stock kernel extracts.

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ? "

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Hello .
    I have a german S4 black edition.
    But this app does not show anything abou the chipset.

Use CPUZ. :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ? "