FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lg P769 v20h REVEALED on tmobile website!!

537 posts
Thanks Meter: 156

Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2013, 06:32 PM |#11  
Flag Parrish
Thanks Meter: 766

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachWho

The thing is I don't get 2G, 3G or 4G at work where I really think I probably would. I would like to think this "update" would help.

I didn't go bloatware removal crazy on this thing (like I wanted to). I made a backup of Amazon then uninstalled it using Titanium Backup. That is the only thing from the rom I removed. If I restored it, I wonder if it would work. I'll try restoring it then post back.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

You are right! I restored Amazon and the update installed!
Now to find out if reception is any better.. I guess bloatware will in one way or another haunt me forever. Not going to buy a branded phone again! Now if only I could move apps to SD &/or have T-Mobile's WiFi calling on CyanogenMod.

You're welcome :3 And I only buy branded because they're cheaper. Since I'm a minor (16) I don't exactly have money to spend on an Oppo Find 5 or anything aha. So I have to buy what mother sees fit

22nd September 2013, 02:35 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilxaot

If you've modified system apps OR removed system content (bloatware) it won't allow you to update because you're missing "required" files. And by that I mean, they're upset that you removed their "important" and "exclusive" content, so they refuse you the update. Don't worry, the update it useless for most users. (:

That's dumb. So does that mean I'll have to see this annoying update notification every so often? Is there any way to disable it?
22nd September 2013, 09:56 PM |#13  
Flag Parrish
Thanks Meter: 766

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUNDER1014

That's dumb. So does that mean I'll have to see this annoying update notification every so often? Is there any way to disable it?

Do the update. And then it'll show a dead android. Then just turn it off (Hold power down or take out battery) and reboot, it'll never notify you again.(:
22nd September 2013, 10:09 PM |#14  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 519

More
I back up all my data and flashed the update using the offline method. Then, rooted it with LGpwn.apk and used kitchen to deodex and zipalign.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th August 2014, 04:48 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag College Station, Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDY Vengeance

I back up all my data and flashed the update using the offline method. Then, rooted it with LGpwn.apk and used kitchen to deodex and zipalign.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just found this from last year and was surprised that it got 8k views! WHAT? I think that's kinda of funny because it was just a noob providing very limited info on an update but whatever!
The Following User Says Thank You to UltraRoboto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UltraRoboto Ad-Free
6th August 2014, 04:48 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Also, if you guys still have P769, check out my custom ROM called UltraROM! Its on DevDB as of the 2.0 update!
The Following User Says Thank You to UltraRoboto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UltraRoboto Ad-Free
11th March 2015, 11:16 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
All L9 Variants are now compatible with UltraRom! Try the 5.0beta or the 4.2 update today!

Sent from my P769 running UltraRom 4.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)