How to fix LG G2 with IMEI issue

Search This thread

kingroach

Aug 15, 2007
you need to pick the correct com port. Check the video couple of pages back that I posted which shows the error and how to fix it.

Murshad007

Apr 30, 2012
Lahore
Xiaomi Poco F3
you need to pick the correct com port. Check the video couple of pages back that I posted which shows the error and how to fix it.

Correct port is selected. As u can see...

My Baseband is unknown...
And my IMEI is Null..

I m not rooted.. And getting this error of...

Status Memory Backup Failed
"Disk error while writing to disk"

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app

Reactions: prasanna1990

Retep117

Apr 16, 2015
No Phone Error

I managed to buy a phone off of craigslist, and when i went to activate it found out that mobile networks was grayed out and the IMEI was unknown. Hoping that this tutorial might fix it, but I can't get past like the first 5 steps because my phone refuses to show up. I keep getting this result shown in the pic, was hoping that someone might be able to help.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 443

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
I managed to buy a phone off of craigslist, and when i went to activate it found out that mobile networks was grayed out and the IMEI was unknown. Hoping that this tutorial might fix it, but I can't get past like the first 5 steps because my phone refuses to show up. I keep getting this result shown in the pic, was hoping that someone might be able to help.

There's a thread on xda for QPST.
Find it for more details on how to make it show up.

I think you also need USB debugging, the LG software option turned on in the USB settings along with your LG drivers and ADB installed on your PC.

Retep117

Apr 16, 2015
There's a thread on xda for QPST.
Find it for more details on how to make it show up.

I think you also need USB debugging, the LG software option turned on in the USB settings along with your LG drivers and ADB installed on your PC.

Well I feel pretty dumb, USB debugging made it show up. I thought that that was my only issue, but now I'm getting the same "memory backup failed" error that i saw earlier, but didn't really see a solution to it. I just skipped that step, since I'm looking to restore rather than backup my IMEI, but then kept getting a "Qualcomm server cannot be reached" error when trying to write the IMEI. I have some hope now that my phone will show up, hoping that these aren't major roadblocks

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
Well I feel pretty dumb, USB debugging made it show up. I thought that that was my only issue, but now I'm getting the same "memory backup failed" error that i saw earlier, but didn't really see a solution to it. I just skipped that step, since I'm looking to restore rather than backup my IMEI, but then kept getting a "Qualcomm server cannot be reached" error when trying to write the IMEI. I have some hope now that my phone will show up, hoping that these aren't major roadblocks

Try EFS Professional!
That may work out better for you.

Think that will let you restore the backup QCN file as well or enter what you need manually

Murshad007

Apr 30, 2012
Lahore
Xiaomi Poco F3

What's ur modem Status? What version of your Mobile?

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app

Retep117

Apr 16, 2015
What's ur modem Status? What version of your Mobile?

Sorry I'm pretty new to this stuff, do it mostly out of necessity. My phone is a D800 for AT&T, but
I'm not sure about the modem status. I can get it to connect in QPST now, but that's about as far as I get before getting errors.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Try EFS Professional!
That may work out better for you.

Think that will let you restore the backup QCN file as well or enter what you need manually

Is there a video guide to using EFS? I haven't really been able to find anything on it, but from what I've heard it seems like a much easier process.

ReCreate

Oct 7, 2010
Make sure imei is checked and you click write to phone. After its done it should reboot your phone. If not do it manually

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Make sure you have phone set to usb debug and on lg pc software

THis is correct. YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER! Here's a screenshot of what he's talking about.

7gjMcaP.png

Retep117

Apr 16, 2015
THis is correct. YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER! Here's a screenshot of what he's talking about.

7gjMcaP.png

I tried that earlier, but just keep getting the errors shown in the pictures.
my phone is rooted, would that change anything? I think that I've gotten it to work once, meaning that those errors didn't show up, but the IMEI didn't actually change on my phone.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 977
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 979

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
my phone is rooted, would that change anything? I think that I've gotten it to work once, meaning that those errors didn't show up, but the IMEI didn't actually change on my phone.

You may need the MEID # for your phone as well.
Google sites that do the conversion of Imei or ESN to MEID for help there.

See if that works

ReCreate

Oct 7, 2010

Make sure you have USB debugging turned on AND that you have USB PC Connection set to "LG Software". Did you do that?

Retep117

Apr 16, 2015
Make sure you have USB debugging turned on AND that you have USB PC Connection set to "LG Software". Did you do that?

Yeah, USB Debugging is on and my connection mode is LG Software. I have ADB installed and when I do the 'adb devices' command it says that my phone is connected, it just refuses to show up in QPST or EFS Professional

ReCreate

Oct 7, 2010
Yeah, USB Debugging is on and my connection mode is LG Software. I have ADB installed and when I do the 'adb devices' command it says that my phone is connected, it just refuses to show up in QPST or EFS Professional

OK, Go to device manager. When you plug-in your phone it should create a serial device under the ports like this.

TV5Jp4D.png

Change the port to some other port number. I have mine set to port 41. Try doing the same. OR TRY SETTING IT TO PORT 8 Make sure yours matches all the settings of mine. Double click it, port settings, then click advance.
GzW8IrT.png

Last edited:

Retep117

Apr 16, 2015
OK, Go to device manager. When you plug-in your phone it should create a serial device under the ports like this.

TV5Jp4D.png

Change the port to some other port number. I have mine set to port 41. Try doing the same. Make sure yours matches all the settings of mine. Double click it, port settings, then click advance.
GzW8IrT.png

Wow, thank you so much, switching to COM41 made it show up. Do you know the reason behind why COM41 is used? Is there something unique about that port?

ReCreate

Oct 7, 2010
Wow, thank you so much, switching to COM41 made it show up. Do you know the reason behind why COM41 is used? Is there something unique about that port?

Nothing unique about it. Other com ports work too, like COM8. That is what I used when i first made it successfully work. If it doesn't connect, then your COM number is probably too low. Just change it to something higher and try again. COM41 is also the required port for doing a factory reset.

Retep117

Apr 16, 2015
So using COM41 made QPST recognize my phone, but Qualcomm NV Tools still tells me that it is unable to connect to the phone. Do you know if this would be a separate issue?

inshadesofgrey

Aug 3, 2008
So using COM41 made QPST recognize my phone, but Qualcomm NV Tools still tells me that it is unable to connect to the phone. Do you know if this would be a separate issue?
I am having the same issue.

Phone is recognized in Qualcom NV tools - but says disconnect or cannot connect or cannot send SPC to phone)

My baseband, IMEI, MEID all are showing as UNKNOWN

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

The Whole process went successfully with QUALCOM NV TOOLS

ISSUE:
the IMEI SV, IMEI BASEBAND, are all still showing as unknown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Long story short, I bricked my lg g2 d801 after flashing twrp recovery and trying to flash custom rom. The phone would restart randomly. I had no connection and the signal bars crosses out in red. In settings most of my info like baseband, imei etc were missing. I was looking up and many people bricked their phones with no EFS backup to restore the IMEI. This is how I fixed my phone. This should also help people who have zeroed out IMEI after bad flash or whatever reason. But you should at least have IMEI number ready (from your box/ receipt or call t-mobile)

1. Flashed the phone to factory firmware using LG support tool. I used the following guide:
    http://androidcure.com/unbrick-lg-g2-stock-firmware/

used the firmware: T-Mobile KitKat D80120A_00.kdz

there's also similar guides in xda, follow whichever you prefer. Goal is to revert the phone back to stock.

After flashing the phone, the phone was woking; however imei was null. In phone settings my IMEI was 0. To fix the null/bad imei follow this guide (Not all the steps are my work; this guide helped me http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942417 , also watched some you tube videos):

2. You need the following drivers and software:
    LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.10.1
    QPST_2.7_378
    imei converter: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3spfh

3. After installing the driver; turn on USB debugging and connect the phone to computer

4. Install QPST, run QPST configuration from from start menu

5. Click on Ports tab. Click Add new port. Your phone should be COM4/5. It will say USB after the port. Select the port and click OK.

6. The port should come up on active phones. Select the phone and and click on "Software Download" from start clients menu

7. Click on Backup tab. Your port should appear. Backup by clicking on start

8. Now go to Program Files/qualcomm/qpst/bin folder

9. Run RF_NV_Manager program

10. Click File read from phone. Your IMEI should appear on number 550; NV_UE_IMEI_I

11. In my case; there was no item 550 as my IMEI was missing. Don't worry.

12. Click on file> Read supported RF NV items

13. Now click on item 550. It should show 9 blank fields.

14. Start IMEI converter. Type in your IMEI in enter IMEI click on convert IMEI

15. There will be 18 digits in groups of 9

18. In RF_NV_Manager program; click on Hex by Write NV button

19. IN the 9 boxes; type in the numbers from IMEI converter starting from left. Type in first group of two numbers in the first field, then go to the next field and type in second 2 digits

20. After you fill in; click on write NV

21. Now click on File> Read from phone. NV item number 550 should appear now.

22. Unplug, Restart your phone and your IMEI number should be there and phone should connect to network.

Above process fixed my phone with full 4G LTE data. Now depending on the how bad your EFS was damaged; you might not get 4G lte data. But at least now; you will be able to send the phone back to LG for repair or return to t-mobile as IMEI number will be in your phone.
    You can do this with EFS Professional. It does all the conversion for you and you dont need QPST. Just simply type in IMEI and write to device.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Correct port is selected. As u can see...

My Baseband is unknown...
    And my IMEI is Null..

I m not rooted.. And getting this error of...

Status Memory Backup Failed
    "Disk error while writing to disk"

Please send me the solution as well.

1st confirm your actual motherboard then Flash the oldest Tot available... Do a factory reset before and after..

Get OTA updates. After each update do a factory reset.. If you still unable to get your baseband back.
    Then flash the 1st KitKat KDZ for your model. Download all the available modems. Root your phone and install custom recovery.
    Flash all modems one by one. Do a dalvik and data wipe after Flashing.

Press the thanx button..
    You can also donate me some Playstore credit if I helped..

My phone is a T-Mobile D801, with anything working but IMEI null. LG divers installed, stock KK (D80120e), no root (untouched stock), yet QPST doesn't detect the phone in any port. Adb and fastboot detects it correctly. What's going on? Can't use QPST in this state.

Do u have baseband? I have told you the solution. Did you tried it?