FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,375 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,373

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
19th March 2015, 11:03 PM |#3591  
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
the file"D6503_23.1.A.0.690_XZDRKernel2.8.3-RELEASE.flashable.zip" in NUT website has a different hash checksum, it may be a bad upload or wrong checksum, but it could explain why it doesn't work

19th March 2015, 11:10 PM |#3592  
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhaddad

the file"D6503_23.1.A.0.690_XZDRKernel2.8.3-RELEASE.flashable.zip" in NUT website has a different hash checksum, it may be a bad upload or wrong checksum, but it could explain why it doesn't work

upload ur own kernel just to make sure! that's what i did, so that i know the kernel matches the firmware.
19th March 2015, 11:14 PM |#3593  
Flag Manama

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

upload ur own kernel just to make sure! that's what i did, so that i know the kernel matches the firmware.

why would i ?! the idea is to flash NUT modified kernel which contain the stuff we need
19th March 2015, 11:19 PM |#3594  
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhaddad

why would i ?! the idea is to flash NUT modified kernel which contain the stuff we need

Lol, you can upload your own kernel to nut's website and it will auto generate the modified version for you to download.

来自我的 D6603 上的 Tapatalk
19th March 2015, 11:23 PM |#3595  
Flag Manama

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

Lol, you can upload your own kernel to nut's website and it will auto generate the modified version for you to download.

来自我的 D6603 上的 Tapatalk

LOL i didn't know that. thanks for the tip... i'll try it now
20th March 2015, 12:21 AM |#3596  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe
Thanks Meter: 10,373

Donate to Me
More
A small update on progress:

The issues with XZDR are mainly caused by Sony actually properly setting up SELinux support for the very first time on the LP ROM's, something they neglected in all of the KK releases. This makes the LP version a lot more secure, which is a good thing. The problem is that I now know what to fix, but am still looking in to how to fix it.

For the techies among us:

During INIT the hijack still works, but the script is not able to change anything on the rootfs, it allows you to create a folder and if you mount a tmpfs on it you can write stuff to it, but if you try to write anything to the folder as it is (without tmpfs) it will not allow you to do so. This is because the SELinux context of my scripts is not set correctly, so the kernel blocks just about everything I try to do. I'm busy configuring and compiling a new busybox to include in XZDR with better SELinux support, as the one I am currently using is lacking the extended SELinux support I will need to fix this.
The other problem is that init is less easy to override with the init from the recoveries, it simply continues the LP boot, I am in the progress of including 2nd-init support ( created by SkrilaxCZ ) and will be integrating parts and ideas of the safestrap project by Hashcode to fix these issues.
The last but not least problem is that I can still mount the SDCard, but I am unable to write to it, most likely also due to the SELinux restrictions. If you remove the SDCard from the device it will use /cache which seems to be set up with less strict permissions and it will be able to do just about everything, except boot the actual recoveries.

Last night I worked from 23:00PM all the night up to 6:30AM, pulling an almost an all-nighter. I'm not giving up just yet

My thanks go to @Hashcode for a late night chat (for me that is, he was at work as he is located on the other side of the globe!) which helped me find the most likely cause.
The Following 123 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
20th March 2015, 12:23 AM |#3597  
Flag Manama

Donate to Me
More
ok, i installed NUT AdvKernel, i noticed it didn't make XZDR.prop on the sdcard! is this why it couldn't find the recoveries to boot them? the file /sbin/xzdr.sh in ramdisk needs the property file.

Edit: ops, nevermind, it suppose to be in /cache
20th March 2015, 12:56 AM |#3598  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 670

Donate to Me
More
Team believe that soon it will be possible. @Nut Fantastic developer and @Hashcode a myth in projects as well. Two great beasts talking about this. Big hug for you! Brazil's Greetings ..

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 Sensation - D6643 by Ogunja 👏👍
20th March 2015, 12:58 AM |#3599  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

The issues with XZDR are mainly caused by Sony actually properly setting up SELinux support for the very first time on the LP ROM's, something they neglected in all of the KK releases. This makes the LP version a lot more secure, which is a good thing. The problem is that I now know what to fix, but am still looking in to how to fix it.

During INIT the hijack still works, but the script is not able to change anything on the rootfs, it allows you to create a folder and if you mount a tmpfs on it you can write stuff to it, but if you try to write anything to the folder as it is (without tmpfs) it will not allow you to do so. This is because the SELinux context of my scripts is not set correctly, so the kernel blocks just about everything I try to do. I'm busy configuring and compiling a new busybox to include in XZDR with better SELinux support, as the one I am currently using is lacking the extended SELinux support I will need to fix this.
The other problem is that init is less easy to override with the init from the recoveries, it simply continues the LP boot, I am in the progress of including 2nd-init support ( created by SkrilaxCZ ) and will be integrating parts and ideas of the safestrap project by Hashcode to fix these issues.
The last but not least problem is that I can still mount the SDCard, but I am unable to write to it, most likely also due to the SELinux restrictions. If you remove the SDCard from the device it will use /cache which seems to be set up with less strict permissions and it will be able to do just about everything, except boot the actual recoveries.

Last night I worked from 23:00PM all the night up to 6:30AM, pulling an almost an all-nighter. I'm not giving up just yet

My thanks go to @Hashcode for a late night chat (for me that is, he was at work as he is located on the other side of the globe!) which helped me find the most likely cause.

@Nut thank you so much for your hard work and contribute to xda and to our Xperia's ☺
The Following User Says Thank You to mysara saad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mysara saad Ad-Free
20th March 2015, 03:47 AM |#3600  
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Talking Thanks Guys
Quote:

@[NUT] & @Hashcode, thanks very much for the incredible contribution of time, brainstorming (& anything else I have not considered), in making our Xperia's even more awesome than what they already are, can't wait for the new version of XZDR, I am even more excited about it now than what I was after updating to 5.0.2.

I am really enjoying your short updates about this latest issue and can't wait for the next working release of XZDR

Thank You!
20th March 2015, 05:51 AM |#3601  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wink
Quote:

keep going dude.. i belive you can!
we all need d6630 prerooted can into recovery.

i pray for you luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread