7,827 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,164

By mikereidis, Inactive Recognized Developer on 1st May 2011, 09:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2015, 04:05 PM |#9031  
Flag Lucifer's City
Thanks Meter: 73

More
@mikereidis any cance having fm radio on our galaxy s5 (g900H) ?

20th March 2015, 06:37 PM |#9032  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

The best settings are all default settings, except setting band for EU (But that should be automatic too).

I recommend the last 0306 of the Lysergic unofficial CM12 ROM for GT-I9100 (cm-12-20150306-UNOFFICIAL-i9100). That is what my GS2 has been running for the last 10 days, and I am not seeing any problems.

I've been using that version as soon it was published. Now i've flashed 20150319 version

Quote:

Are you using the kernel that comes with that ROM ?

Yes. See my signature

Quote:

That said, I am not using the phone as a phone, so your "environment" may be more severe. You run apps I never test I presume, your memory might be full and you make and receive phone calls. I just tested half my test devices (inc 9100) with a phone call the other night and had to fix a GS3 issue I was surprised about.

I know that with RDS rather active and screen on, ALL of my CM12 phones can only un for 12-24 hours before they restart. Each send of an RDS update uses an Android resource that is limited to 51,200. None of my CM11 phones and none of the stock Lollipop ROMs I tested have this issue.

And even in the new 5.1 Google still has memory leaks for which fixes have not been released yet.

So for the best way to make your testing similar to mine, install 0306 of the ROM and consider a clean flash, even if just for testing (after backing up).

I started from scratch with beta 18 (february) after a clean install including pit 1Gb/4Gb pit flashing, all formats, etc. And i've never been able to make Spirit work.

I even upgraded radio firmware from I9100BULS1 to I9100XXLS8 version (afterwards RIL information stored with the ROM matches the radio firmware version.

Quote:

Then reboot the phone and try the latest 0317 Spirit2 before and without starting any other apps.

If you have apps that do low level things, especially for audio, such as EQ, disable them if you can.

Leave RDS AF as Stop = Disabled at this time. For testing, consider turning off RDS also.

Analog mode probably does not work for speaker at this time. For speaker, or the most tested mode, use digital.

I've removed all low level apps (SamBattery, Autorun Manager, etc.) I've even tried disabling "administrator" apps (Lookout, Android Lost), with no success.
I have no audio apps (only those which ships with our CM12 rom).
I've tried radio even in plane mode, and the phone also soft reboots after two minutes playing radio.

In digital mode (as happens in analog mode), there is no speaker output, BUT it seems to work longer, but not much longer

Can I enable some kind of debug or extract some log that could give you an idea of what's happenning.

I've also noticed that when the app is running at full screen, and phone goes to sleep, when i press power button y see a visualitation on the screen saver. and i can unlock the phone.
If i run Spirit from the notification bar, and let the phone go to sleep, i can not wake it unless i go to settings trough notification bar.
It's annoying. Finally phone performs a soft restart.

When the phone restarts almost 50% of times it does not recognice my carrier. Euskaltel is a virtual operator that uses Orange's network. When phones boots correctly, Euskaltel appears as the network carrier, but when Spirit crashes and phone performs a soft reboot Orange appears as the network.

It's all very strange.

Thank you for your attention and support.

EDIT: I've got no SuperSU app installed. Just CM12 ROM tools
20th March 2015, 08:55 PM |#9033  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboner

@mikereidis any cance having fm radio on our galaxy s5 (g900H) ?

No, Samsung purposely, permanently and unfixably disables FM on most flagships since the GS4...

...except US Sprint variants after GS4, which further proves it is done on purpose and that it's not an issue of software support.

No app can ever fix what Samsung (or Google, Apple, etc) purposely disables in hardware.
20th March 2015, 09:14 PM |#9034  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by feriber

I've been using that version as soon it was published. Now i've flashed 20150319 version

Yes. See my signature

I started from scratch with beta 18 (february) after a clean install including pit 1Gb/4Gb pit flashing, all formats, etc. And i've never been able to make Spirit work.

I even upgraded radio firmware from I9100BULS1 to I9100XXLS8 version (afterwards RIL information stored with the ROM matches the radio firmware version.

I've removed all low level apps (SamBattery, Autorun Manager, etc.) I've even tried disabling "administrator" apps (Lookout, Android Lost), with no success.
I have no audio apps (only those which ships with our CM12 rom).
I've tried radio even in plane mode, and the phone also soft reboots after two minutes playing radio.

In digital mode (as happens in analog mode), there is no speaker output, BUT it seems to work longer, but not much longer

Can I enable some kind of debug or extract some log that could give you an idea of what's happenning.

I've also noticed that when the app is running at full screen, and phone goes to sleep, when i press power button y see a visualitation on the screen saver. and i can unlock the phone.
If i run Spirit from the notification bar, and let the phone go to sleep, i can not wake it unless i go to settings trough notification bar.
It's annoying. Finally phone performs a soft restart.

When the phone restarts almost 50% of times it does not recognice my carrier. Euskaltel is a virtual operator that uses Orange's network. When phones boots correctly, Euskaltel appears as the network carrier, but when Spirit crashes and phone performs a soft reboot Orange appears as the network.

It's all very strange.

Thank you for your attention and support.

EDIT: I've got no SuperSU app installed. Just CM12 ROM tools

Just FYI I am now running Omni LollipopMR1 5.1 (omni-5.1-20150313-i9100-HOMEMADE) on my GT-I9100 now and I'm not seeing any notable issues on it either.

Yes, send me a log from the latest Spirit2 regular Lollipop release 2015_03_18_lollipop or the newer beta 2015_03_20_beta. Use Menu>About>Debug>Log and press Send on email client after 10-20 seconds or so.

Please email me [email protected] and I will send you a test release of Spirit1 that can run on Lollipop.

There are other things that can be tried on Spirit2. Set Menu>Service>Audio Plugin to "CUS" (Custom) and restart Spirit2. This will disable audio (uses microphone ? I don't recall right now) but can be useful to trouble-shoot.

You can do the same with the Tuner Plugin, to see if it is related to the tuner code, which I suspect.

Also set Tuner>RDS and Tuner>RDS AF to "Stop". And disable the 3 Service>Update * settings. Disabling the update settings allows me to run Spirit2 for testing with screen on for many days; otherwise I have to reboot every 12-24 hours (unless screen is off). This is due to an Android 5.0 and/or CM12 memory leak issue.

Speaker mode on GT-I9100 is a bit of a problem lately. It often works better to pause/play the audio after, or while switching headset & speaker.

I have also been noticing that GT-I9100 and GT-N7000 are struggling for CPU time when running Spirit2 in digital mode, with RDS, with visualizer and EQ and other effects. This has long been true for the now ancient Galaxy S GT-I9000, but I am seeing this more now on GS2 and Note1.

So it might help to tweak the CPU speed and try to ensure other apps aren't using too much CPU. Turn EQ and effects off to improve.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
21st March 2015, 10:46 AM |#9035  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:

Just FYI I am now running Omni LollipopMR1 5.1 (omni-5.1-20150313-i9100-HOMEMADE) on my GT-I9100 now and I'm not seeing any notable issues on it either.

Yes, send me a log from the latest Spirit2 regular Lollipop release 2015_03_18_lollipop or the newer beta 2015_03_20_beta. Use Menu>About>Debug>Log and press Send on email client after 10-20 seconds or so.

Please email me [email protected] and I will send you a test release of Spirit1 that can run on Lollipop.

Done. I've sent three mails. Spirit2 running in auto mode, digital mode and analog mode.

Quote:

There are other things that can be tried on Spirit2. Set Menu>Service>Audio Plugin to "CUS" (Custom) and restart Spirit2. This will disable audio (uses microphone ? I don't recall right now) but can be useful to trouble-shoot.

No radio. Only mic input is played

Quote:

You can do the same with the Tuner Plugin, to see if it is related to the tuner code, which I suspect.

No audio (radio neither mic)

Quote:

Also set Tuner>RDS and Tuner>RDS AF to "Stop". And disable the 3 Service>Update * settings. Disabling the update settings allows me to run Spirit2 for testing with screen on for many days; otherwise I have to reboot every 12-24 hours (unless screen is off). This is due to an Android 5.0 and/or CM12 memory leak issue.

Done.

Quote:

Speaker mode on GT-I9100 is a bit of a problem lately. It often works better to pause/play the audio after, or while switching headset & speaker.

I really don't need speaker mode. I allways use headphones.

I have also been noticing that GT-I9100 and GT-N7000 are struggling for CPU time when running Spirit2 in digital mode, with RDS, with visualizer and EQ and other effects. This has long been true for the now ancient Galaxy S GT-I9000, but I am seeing this more now on GS2 and Note1.

Quote:

So it might help to tweak the CPU speed and try to ensure other apps aren't using too much CPU. Turn EQ and effects off to improve.

They are all off.
24th March 2015, 09:38 PM |#9036  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried to transmit spirit fm transmitter app Xperia T with CM 12 android 5.0.2 but the application does not work. There is a version of the application which operates under the CM 12? Thank you for your response.Sorry for my bad english
25th March 2015, 12:21 AM |#9037  
Flag Ruhrpott
Thanks Meter: 10

More
it works
I tested the opensourcebased SpiritF on my LGD855 on CM12-based Rom and it worked after i flashed the 777 Kernel, which has radio-module.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4non For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4non Ad-Free
25th March 2015, 08:30 PM |#9038  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4non

I tested the opensourcebased SpiritF on my LGD855 on CM12-based Rom and it worked after i flashed the 777 Kernel, which has radio-module.

Audio sound OK ?
25th March 2015, 08:37 PM |#9039  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mato1168

I tried to transmit spirit fm transmitter app Xperia T with CM 12 android 5.0.2 but the application does not work. There is a version of the application which operates under the CM 12? Thank you for your response.Sorry for my bad english

Please send me an email [email protected] .

What happens ? Error message ?

Which version ? Latest on Play ?

Do any of the Spirit FM receive apps work ? I fixed an issue in Spirit2 2015_03_25_lollipop with daemon not starting on Xperia L, but it's not in the released Transmit app yet.

Spirit Transmit has been based on the redesigned Spirit2 for Lollipop in the last few months.

Transmit runs fine on my Xperia Z1 with CM12. Same on Xperia Z with pretty much all the Lollipop ROMs I've tried, including cm-12-20150324-INFECTED-yuga.zip.
25th March 2015, 08:49 PM |#9040  

Donate to Me
More
See below for Spirit2 KitKat.

Spirit2 2015_03_25_lollipop is on Play now for Lollipop devices.

Fixes relative to 2015_03_18_lollipop include:

- Daemon start fix for CM12 Xperia L (and likely some other devices/ROMs).

- GS2/Note1 fix for switching Speaker mode without Pause/Play.

- HTC One M8 too loud pop at startup.

Spirit2 KitKat has been "stuck" at the 2014_11_28_kitkat release for 4 months now, and is based on 2014_09_11 which is 6.5 months old now.

I will slowly release a KitKat+ compatible Spirit2 2015_03_26 starting tomorrow with a staged rollout starting at 5%.

What happened is that in November I released the redesigned Lollipop/SELinux compatible Spirit2, and there were WAY TOO MANY reports of problems on various KitKat ROMs, despite a good bit of testing I had done on both KitKat and Lollipop.

So I re-released 2014_09_11 as a few *_kitkat releases until that was working for most people. Since then I have been very hesitant to make the redesigned Spirit2 available for KitKat, except for the beta testers.

But this 6.5 month old code has MANY bugs and lacks many features of the latest Lollipop releases and I am getting increasing emails about this.

If a small rollout results in few reported problems I will slowly ramp up the percentage and see how it goes, and perhaps eventually enable this for Android 4.1-4.3 as well. Otherwise if too many problems are reported I might cancel this rollout and leave KitKat users with the old release.

If you are on 4.1 JB - 4.4 KitKat and are a customer and can't wait for this slow rollout, just sign up for the beta and you'll get the latest code. Instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=795
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
25th March 2015, 11:19 PM |#9041  
Flag Ruhrpott
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Audio sound OK ?

Yes it sounds good, now iam looking for spirit2 from playstore which has more features
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)