Thanks Meter: 15,175

Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2015, 06:22 PM |#411  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 15,175

Donate to Me
More
Tho' I don't have plans to fix it, I've found two critical issues with my rom cm10.1 p21:
- you shouldn't use Ondemand governor, it causes full reboots on kernel level in the slab part. Instead use Interactive, set On boot in Performance menu. Its stable
- wifi driver is not stable in the kernel module bcmdhd, caused reboot when switching it off then later on. Instead use either wifi always on or off.

I couldn't find any other critical issue with the rom after two days of constant use. Sorry for the inconvenience. With these in mind the rom didn't produce any other reboots here.
The Following User Says Thank You to tbalden For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th February 2015, 06:53 PM |#412  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,367

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbalden

Tho' I don't have plans to fix it, I've found two critical issues with my rom cm10.1 p21:
- you shouldn't use Ondemand governor, it causes full reboots on kernel level in the slab part. Instead use Interactive, set On boot in Performance menu. Its stable
- wifi driver is not stable in the kernel module bcmdhd, caused reboot when switching it off then later on. Instead use either wifi always on or off.

I couldn't find any other critical issue with the rom after two days of constant use. Sorry for the inconvenience. With these in mind the rom didn't produce any other reboots here.

I had some nasty reboots in the past that I (seemingly) fixed with setting the min (384) and max (1296) frequencies. Haven't used it continuously much these days (mostly as an MP3 player), but I have made the switch to Interactive for good measure

I don't fiddle with the wifi, so I figured I was safe in that regard, but then I remembered I have the Deep Sleep battery saver installed, which does a lot of switching. Will have to keep watch I guess, or just leave wifi off altogether (not that I need it for how I use the device now). Settled for the latter.
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficerJimLahey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OfficerJimLahey Ad-Free
28th March 2015, 01:28 AM |#413  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,367

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaviarai

I really need this file, does anyone have a copy? Plz!

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone can try to revive this anymore. I was going to give the old college try (with the device tree made/posted on github by @SilverL) but alas, when I went to pull the CM10 branch off CyanpgenMod's github, it is no longer there.

May still play with the device tree in the near future, but CM10 won't be one of the goals.

P.S. Sorry for digging up an old post.

Sent from my Asus MeMO Pad 8"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)