FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kitkat][Nightlies] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Defy(+)

1,318 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,833

Post Reply Email Thread
29th March 2015, 02:28 PM |#7141  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
seems that i can finally post here been having random reboots for past few months with any nightly i've tried, will see how 0328 one works.

30th March 2015, 10:26 AM |#7142  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Battery Drain!
I'm on the 27032015 build. It's quite fluid compared to most other builds I've used recently. However, I'm having a pretty horrible battery life, with frequent battery drops as well. It might well be time to get a new battery, but i don't know if it's worth it.

In the meanwhile, I thought I'd play around with the frequencies and the governor, to see if there is any change.
Any suggestions for good settings?

Thanks in advance.
30th March 2015, 01:52 PM |#7143  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
With the last Gaaps (2015 03 29), the Android Keyboard (Aosp) Stopped...I had to return to the previous version
The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adrian64 Ad-Free
1st April 2015, 04:38 PM |#7144  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Change log location
So glad that we are getting nightlies posted again. Thanks @Quarx!
Question: Is there a changelog file in the cm-11-201504xx-NIGHTLY-mb52x.zip?
Thanks in advance...
1st April 2015, 09:26 PM |#7145  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Omsk
Thanks Meter: 18,833

Donate to Me
More
Hello guys. I just disappeared for big time due work.Sorry for this. Now i got some free time.
I know many want 5.0 for defy. But after look to 1gb and 512mb devices with lollipop..They all got big problems due memory leaks in android code. And it will not good, if very big time spent for nothing...Only if just for fun.
So, 5.1 fixed many memory problems of 5.0. And i want ask, are there someone who use Defy as main phone and really want update to 5.1? Because as i read this thread, most use it just for fun or as second phone. Android 5.1 wll take not little time to get it fully working..
Or better focus on 4.4?
What you think about it?
The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to Quarx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2015, 09:40 PM |#7146  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarx

Hello guys. I just disappeared for big time due work.Sorry for this. Now i got some free time.
I know many want 5.0 for defy. But after look to 1gb and 512mb devices with lollipop..They all got big problems due memory leaks in android code. And it will not good, if very big time spent for nothing...Only if just for fun.
So, 5.1 fixed many memory problems of 5.0. And i want ask, are there someone who use Defy as main phone and really want update to 5.1? Because as i read this thread, most use it just for fun or as second phone. Android 5.1 wll take not little time to get it fully working..
Or better focus on 4.4?
What you think about it?

Do 5.1 because it would be funny :V...
1st April 2015, 09:40 PM |#7147  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
@Quarx You're totally right. I'm using my Moto G LTE ( peregrine) with CM12 and even though it has 1Gb we suffer redraws everytime. In my case, Defy's only been used as alarm clock and to listen music ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to ebol94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ebol94 Ad-Free
1st April 2015, 09:49 PM |#7148  
Thanks Meter: 487

More
I have two defy, one with the good old gingerbread 2.3.7 CM7 and one with the bleading edge provided by quarx. Both are primarily used for GPS navigation...
To see the newest android at my defy would really be fun!
1st April 2015, 09:53 PM |#7149  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Or better focus on 4.4?
What you think about it?

In my personal opinion, it would be best to focus on fixing the remaining bugs (if there are any) on 4.4 and then be done with it. Thanks to you our Defy(+) has already had a much longer lasting software support than most of the devices on the market could dream of.
I also think that the Defy really reached its limits with 4.4 (if not broke them) and 5.0 would be too slow to be usable anymore. I've seen a few side-by-side benchmarks comparing 4.4 with 5.0 where 4.4 nearly always performed faster, no matter what runtime (ART or Dalvik).

tl;dr: Bring 4.4 to perfection (if your time allows it) and then move on to more recent phones... or just have some spare time for yourself

Many many thanks to your hard work. Without you the defy would have been worth much much less. You made it a better phone. You and all the other contributing devs.

Just my 2 cents.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to yodawg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yodawg Ad-Free
1st April 2015, 09:53 PM |#7150  
Flag Herne
Thanks Meter: 327

More
@Quarx +1 for stable 4.4 if you get Kernel 3.10 working.. (Any news about this project?)

But it would also be nice to see some 5.1 nightlys..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fight4Music For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fight4Music Ad-Free
1st April 2015, 10:00 PM |#7151  
Thanks Meter: 1,227

More
Quote:

Or better focus on 4.4?
What you think about it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband switcher, led, quarx for world emperor, quarx is still a god

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)