FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,408

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
3rd April 2015, 12:37 PM |#3831  
Flag Luzern
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

I'm getting a bit confused. I do have a unlocked bootloader (Sony Z3c) and after reading through the important posts, i thought it would be possible to get the Recovery by flashing the Nut's Kernel. I used fastboot to do that (fastboot flash boot boot.img, which i extracted from Nut's flashable kernel zip). I tried with official stock firmware and with a prerooted alternative (Lollipop). With both of them i was not able to boot to Recory. Can anyone provide me some help with that or let me know if this is not possible even though Nut mentioned this in his "famous" post #3703

Thanks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to -Ambi- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -Ambi- Ad-Free

3rd April 2015, 05:52 PM |#3832  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,724

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondrejvaroscak

People still don't get it. You have the choice. Either you want excellent hardware to play with custom ROMs - so you can unlock bootloader and go. Or you want all Sony proprietary bells and whistles. Then you stay on stock. Sony protects their valued and valuable development. I really don't see them releasing their closed code easy.
And I can guess in near future it will all get much worse. With powerful enough chips the executable code will be encrypted. No just simple DRM keys check.

Sent from my D6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Old post but I have to respond...

Absolutely incorrect.

Sony isn't protecting anything by locking bootloader.
That's carrier request, not Sony.. (mostly Tmobile)

Sony protect firmware and their patents with DRM protection, not LB...it's very simple.

Also, it's very easy to check which one you want simply by entering to service mod.
Every store will give you enough information to choose right.

Z3 powered by Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift funky0308 Ad-Free
3rd April 2015, 08:19 PM |#3833  
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 411

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Absolutely incorrect.

Sony protect firmware and their patents with DRM protection, not LB...it's very simple.

Also, it's very easy to check which one you want simply by entering to service mod.

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

m'ericans

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

ahh @[NUT] private messages are broken so contact @sykopompos , he agreed to spend some time helping you inject selinux with a new commit directly[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR @[NUT] happy reading https://plus.google.com/+SykoPompos/posts/G5k1JkAge9M
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spider623 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spider623 Ad-Free
3rd April 2015, 08:56 PM |#3834  
FYI: Because of easter obligations I will not be responding to any posts and pm's until Tuesday. I will try to catch up and reply then.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 12:05 AM |#3835  
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Absolutely incorrect.

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

I didn't say anything about Sony protects software by locking bootloader at first place. Read my post again. Secondly you are wrong. Sony protects software by DRM keys that are deleted from your device by unlocking bootloader. All Xperia devices are shipped with locked bootloaders. Some providers are shipping phones furthermore with NON-UNLOCKABLE bootloader. Normally you can unlock bootloader and flash what you want, loosing effectively warranty and DRM keys. But on certain providers you can not unlock bootloader at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to ondrejvaroscak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ondrejvaroscak Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 12:40 AM |#3836  
Cyber City On Cybertron
Thanks Meter: 22,328

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondrejvaroscak

I didn't say anything about Sony protects software by locking bootloader at first place. Read my post again. Secondly you are wrong. Sony protects software by DRM keys that are deleted from your device by unlocking bootloader. All Xperia devices are shipped with locked bootloaders. Some providers are shipping phones furthermore with NON-UNLOCKABLE bootloader. Normally you can unlock bootloader and flash what you want, loosing effectively warranty and DRM keys. But on certain providers you can not unlock bootloader at all.

That's why i always buy a brandfree Xperia like my previous Xperia's like: X10i, Neo V, Xperia P, Xperia Z and now the Xperia Z2 so i never have Bootloader unlock allowed "No" it is always "YES" by me ^^

Sent From My Z2 On LP 5.0.2 Full Debloated !
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandemic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pandemic Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 01:29 AM |#3837  
Thanks Meter: 4,662

Donate to Me
More
Hello guys,

I noticed there are some problems getting dualrecovery to work on Lollipop. I created a small hack to bypass the SELinux enforcement (wonder why no one else created it already). Anyway I attached a little bat file to fix dualrecovery again (tested on Z3C).

Source will be released in the next days and probably also integrated in the official dualrecovery.

Happy eastern.

Edit: Source available here https://github.com/dosomder/byeselinux
Attached Files
File Type: zip byeselinux.zip - [Click for QR Code] (502.1 KB, 21360 views)
The Following 251 Users Say Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 01:39 AM |#3838  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
[QUOTE=zxz0O0;59879026]Hello guys,

I noticed there are some problems getting dualrecovery to work on Lollipop. I created a small hack to bypass the SELinux enforcement (wonder why no one else created it already). Anyway I attached a little bat file to fix dualrecovery again (tested on Z3C).

Source will be released in the next days and probably also integrated in the official dualrecovery.

Happy eastern.[/QUOTE
Nevermind...
Happy eastern to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to lordriguez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lordriguez Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 01:43 AM |#3839  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Hello guys,

Happy eastern.

You are the man, thank you a lot
I don't know what we would do without you
4th April 2015, 02:53 AM |#3840  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Flag Rafard - SP
Thanks Meter: 17,784

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Hello guys,

Happy eastern.

Once again... Thank you!!
It does work like a charm!!!
\m/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to serajr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2015, 02:55 AM |#3841  
Cyber City On Cybertron
Thanks Meter: 22,328

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serajr

Once again... Thank you!!

Bro @serajr
Did you test it and also on locked bl on LP ?

Sent From My Z2 On LP 5.0.2 Full Debloated !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread