FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Information about I/O Schedulers

2,542 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,519
 
By dheeraj (dhlalit11), Senior Member on 21st March 2012, 06:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2013, 09:39 AM |#21  
Senior Member
lidköping
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
i have some strange Zen I/O scheduler can you see if you find some information about it? would be helpfull
 
 
26th November 2013, 02:04 PM |#22  
themichael's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioxz

i have some strange Zen I/O scheduler can you see if you find some information about it? would be helpfull

Zen is very similar to SIO. FCFS pipe, doesn't do any sorting, only basic merges. Uses deadlines to ensure fairness and treats synchronous requests with priority over asynchronous ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to themichael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift themichael Ad-Free
5th May 2014, 09:30 PM |#23  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Smile
Thank you! This is a great explanation!
9th May 2014, 05:44 AM |#24  
Lodaserves's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Too many now im confused which one will i choose.
16th June 2014, 01:17 AM |#25  
Junior Member
Flag Samara
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodaserves

Too many now im confused which one will i choose.

ROW - if you like games and lagfree gui,
DEADLINE or SIO - if you use torrents,
BFQ - for hd video recording.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maxlilt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxlilt Ad-Free
14th December 2014, 10:00 AM |#26  
Junior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Cool
SIO means Serial Input/Output, which could be better on random access to disks, but ROW (Read over Write) will ensure you a smoother experience with ur smartphone... Moreover, SIO could give you some soundplayin cuts and laggy gui issues coz its more dependant from your RAM and process load to work smoothly (although, its still better than ROW when you plan to do great data movements through your SD card or similar)
I will definitively use ROW, at least while I'm looking for Zen good and bad points
The Following User Says Thank You to titoshadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift titoshadow Ad-Free
31st March 2015, 08:18 PM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
http://androidmodguide.blogspot.ca/p...ulers.html?m=1

That link explains various schedulers pretty well
4th April 2015, 12:38 AM |#28  
Saber's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 8,297
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titoshadow

SIO means Serial Input/Output, which could be better on random access to disks, but ROW (Read over Write) will ensure you a smoother experience with ur smartphone... Moreover, SIO could give you some soundplayin cuts and laggy gui issues coz its more dependant from your RAM and process load to work smoothly (although, its still better than ROW when you plan to do great data movements through your SD card or similar)
I will definitively use ROW, at least while I'm looking for Zen good and bad points

SIO actually stands for Simple Input/Output. I don't know if your statement is true as I don't face such issues using this scheduler.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlilt

ROW - if you like games and lagfree gui,
DEADLINE or SIO - if you use torrents,
BFQ - for hd video recording.

The statements about ROW and BFQ are quite true. However, I must extend on your answer about DEADLINE and SIO. They can also be used for everyday multitasking too and are quite efficient.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek69

http://androidmodguide.blogspot.ca/p...ulers.html?m=1

That link explains various schedulers pretty well

I appreciate your feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saber Ad-Free
15th May 2015, 10:45 PM |#29  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
That's a really great guide! Seems very comprehensive. I've only read the page on governers but it was very informative, I like your recommendations at the bottom too!
16th May 2015, 01:03 PM |#30  
FPSUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 962
 
Donate to Me
More
@dheeraj (dhlalit11) Could you add these:
FIFO, FIOPS, VR and ZEN
21st May 2015, 02:16 AM |#31  
dheeraj (dhlalit11)'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag fatehabad (hry)
Thanks Meter: 1,519
 
More
Have a look here
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, i/o scheduler, info, kernel, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes