707 posts
Thanks Meter: 151

By Jaskaran498, Senior Member on 9th January 2014, 02:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2015, 08:15 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can we use Samsung galaxy S3 (GT-9300) port on Samsung galaxy neo GT-9300I

Or is there any separate image available.

Sent from my TCL J636D+ using XDA Free mobile app

4th April 2015, 06:09 PM |#82  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingflame

I've got one step further but now I got these make errors.

/home/x/ubuntu/kernel/samsung/smdk4412/arch/arm/mm/init-cma.c:345:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'memblock_init' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
/home/x/ubuntu/kernel/samsung/smdk4412/arch/arm/mm/init-cma.c:390:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'memblock_analyze' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
/home/x/ubuntu/kernel/samsung/smdk4412/scripts/Makefile.build:305: recipe for target 'arch/arm/mm/init-cma.o' failed
make[3]: *** [arch/arm/mm/init-cma.o] Error 1
/home/x/ubuntu/kernel/samsung/smdk4412/Makefile:956: recipe for target 'arch/arm/mm' failed
make[2]: *** [arch/arm/mm] Error 2
Makefile:130: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/x/ubuntu/kernel/samsung/smdk4412'
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:249: recipe for target 'TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES' failed
make: *** [TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES] Error 2

I've gotten a little further now. After updating ubuntu I had no errors like I mentioned above.
But now I've got this error:

Export includes file: sdk/emulator/opengl/host/libs/Translator/EGL/Android.mk -- /home/bjorndevos/ubuntu/out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libEGL_translator_intermediates/export_includes
host SharedLib: libEGL_translator (/home/bjorndevos/ubuntu/out/host/linux-x86/obj/lib/libEGL_translator.so)
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

After a little search it shoud have something to do with libGL.so. I've did a little search in my ubuntu directories I've found several files with libgl.so

/home/x/ubuntu/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.4.3/sysroot/usr/lib/libGL.so
/home/x/ubuntu/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/sysroot/usr/lib/libGL.so
/home/x/ubuntu/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/sysroot/usr/lib/libGL.so

Should I create symbolic links to this library somewhere ? Or do I have to install some library from the repo's ?
Can someone help me with that ? I dying to test ubuntu on my phone .

thanks
5th April 2015, 09:28 AM |#83  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingflame

I've gotten a little further now. After updating ubuntu I had no errors like I mentioned above.
But now I've got this error:

Export includes file: sdk/emulator/opengl/host/libs/Translator/EGL/Android.mk -- /home/bjorndevos/ubuntu/out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libEGL_translator_intermediates/export_includes
host SharedLib: libEGL_translator (/home/bjorndevos/ubuntu/out/host/linux-x86/obj/lib/libEGL_translator.so)
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

After a little search it shoud have something to do with libGL.so. I've did a little search in my ubuntu directories I've found several files with libgl.so

/home/x/ubuntu/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.4.3/sysroot/usr/lib/libGL.so
/home/x/ubuntu/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/sysroot/usr/lib/libGL.so
/home/x/ubuntu/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/sysroot/usr/lib/libGL.so

Should I create symbolic links to this library somewhere ? Or do I have to install some library from the repo's ?
Can someone help me with that ? I dying to test ubuntu on my phone .

thanks

I finally achieved building de img files by make a link from libGL.so to /usr/lib.
How can I install those image files on my phone ? I believe with fastboot. But do I have to enter a certain mode on my phone ?
Is there a way already to build the zip file ?

thanks.
8th April 2015, 04:50 PM |#84  

More
Can anybody please help me on this

9th April 2015, 09:40 AM |#85  

More
Pls help

9th April 2015, 06:00 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Please link .. ubuntu touch rom ..please!!!
27th April 2015, 10:18 AM |#87  
Flag surat
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Where can I get the latest Ubuntu for s3? I loved the ui. Where to download? Help
27th April 2015, 06:11 PM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
I don't have any experience building roms from sources, so if anybody would upload a ready-to-flash .zip of the rom, like Android roms, then I'll be very happy.

Thank you.
1st May 2015, 03:32 PM |#89  

More
Quote:

Everyone have to get the vendor samsung and smdk4412-common and for last aokp i9300 hardware/samsung.

Hi astronfestmon,

Thanks for explaining your setup. I am trying to duplicate it, but not sure whether I have done it right. I first set up the build environment and pulled the Android and Ubuntu code as you have described (also referring to the Ubuntu porting guide).

I then pulled smdk4412-common with the following command:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common.git device/samsung/smdk4412-common/
[/CODE]

Then I retrieved vendor/samsung with:
Code:
git clone https://girhub.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung.git vendor/samsung
Finally, I have tried to figure out what you mean by "last aokp i9300 hardware/samsung". I looked at the aokp code at AOKP/device_samsung_i9300 and I don't understand if this is the correct code to place in hardware/samsung? As far as I can see, this is supposed to go into device/samsung/i9300, but I already placed your code there (vic3t3chn0/android_device_samsung_i9300) Were you referring to something else? At then moment, I have no samsung/ subdirectory in the hardware/ subdirectory of my source tree.

Could you comment and help me put the pieces together for the build?

Thanks!
4th May 2015, 11:11 AM |#90  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 342

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Through AOKP do this:
git clone github vendor vendor/samsung

Then:
Code:
source build/envsetup.sh

lunch aosp_i9300-userdebug

make -j2 or make otapackage
But before You will need to do some steps that I will update on the topic. Like a new one.

In the next hours I wil update it here.
The Following User Says Thank You to astronfestmon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift astronfestmon Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 08:34 PM |#91  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronfestmon

But before You will need to do some steps that I will update on the topic. Like a new one.

In the next hours I wil update it here.

Thank you!
I've done this now, but I will wait with the lunch and make commands until you have detailed the steps to do before that.
Regards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)