FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,375 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,373

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
10th April 2015, 10:00 PM |#4351  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondrejvaroscak

Hm, so far its the only recovery for locked bootloader on XPERIA Z.

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

You are a real massacre, really. Did you bother to read instructions?

Byeselinux is a script that disables enforcing Selinux, hence makes XZDualRecovery 2.8.3 working. You run it from Windows/Linux while connected to mobile over USB. You need to be already rooted.

SGP621-RICDefeat.zip is NOT flashable. You unzip it in PC, and like byeselinux, you run it while connected to your mobile. It disables RIC, hence enabling remounting filesystem in writable mode.

You need to uninstall and reinstall your file manager (Root explorer, ES File Explorer) after installing SGP621-RICDefeat.zip

Guys, I really wonder how many times I and others have to write it down.

havent had much time to google it and wanted a shoprt answer, much thanks my friend.

10th April 2015, 10:36 PM |#4352  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe

Donate to Me
More
XZDualRecovery 2.8.7 Released!
RELEASE Change log:
Version 2.8.7:
  • Fully debugged for use with Sony's Lollipop and restored functionality on KitKat on all supported models. Both for locked bootloader installations and the XZDualRecovery Advanced Stock Kernel builder.
  • Included the byeselinux patch by @zxz0O0, heavily modified. It will unload the module when booting to the ROM to restore SELinux functionality.
  • Converted XZDR from using my own solution to the more elegant 'wp_mod' method by @MohammadAG. It now uses my own solution as a backup.
  • Made sure the modules will only be installed when required either by device or ROM version.
  • Updated the flashable package to do the same.
  • Updated the included NDR Utils to the latest version.
  • Updated the (installer) included adb binaries to the current latest version (Required when using TWRP 2.8.6.0 and newer).
  • The installer and the chargemon hijack script will now make a copy of the init 'rc' files to /system/.XZDualRecovery to be used during updates using the flashable zip, this way the (long!) list of firmwares in the installdisableric.sh script can be discarded in the future, which was only used in the flashable package because these init rc files are unavailable while in recovery.

My immense gratitude goes to all the people involved in debugging this release, your input, tinkering, patience and test results where invaluable.

The Following 117 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 10:43 PM |#4354  
Thanks Meter: 2,582

More
wow 8 thanks per day is not enough with people like you working so hard

trying shortly pre-rooted fw with included new flashable!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FcukBloat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FcukBloat Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 10:47 PM |#4355  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 249

Donate to Me
More
Ha nice dude glad you figured it out! I will include it in my ROM maybe tonight and give it a try.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jerflash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerflash Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 10:57 PM |#4356  
Thanks Meter: 1,078

More
Ok, 2.8.7 (think it is A8 now?) works for me on D6503 XZ2, LB and LP.
I "updated" working 2.8.3 recovery with installer 2.8.7 and can access Philz, TWRP and CWM.
Sure, also R/W works fine. Could create a directory in /
A big thanks to you @[NUT]
10th April 2015, 11:03 PM |#4357  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkufix

Ok, 2.8.7 (think it is A8 now?) works for me on D6503 XZ2, LB and LP.
I "updated" working 2.8.3 recovery with installer 2.8.7 and can access Philz, TWRP and CWM.
Sure, also R/W works fine. Could create a directory in /
A big thanks to you @[NUT]

Not for 100%, the flashable zip contained a small bug, which has now been fixed. The NDR Utils and adb binary updates are new to 2.8.7 too.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 11:13 PM |#4358  
Thanks Meter: 1,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

Not for 100%, the flashable zip contained a small bug, which has now been fixed. The NDR Utils and adb binary updates are new to 2.8.7 too.

My mistake...
I meant install.sh and not zip-installer.
But no matter - it works.
10th April 2015, 11:14 PM |#4359  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Finally a working recovery on Lollipop! Can't thank you enough, dude!
10th April 2015, 11:16 PM |#4360  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moly82

yes weird but that has been confirmed already

exactly very time consuming ;(

I'm not so sure the issue comes from bloatware, I think it's more some odex files, from a similar thread I downloaded the specific file only for deodexing the Z2 rom without any debloating and I have no bootloop issues afterwards, didn't faced any FCs either. After applying the deodex zip all was working smoothly with Xposed!

This is the thread that talks about the issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...d6503-t3073129

And if it helps anyone here's the Z2's zip for deodexing only and making xposed work after reboots:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=39
10th April 2015, 11:35 PM |#4361  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Updated to 2.8.7 from TWRP

Seriously [NUT], thank you for being so awesome! I can't remember the last time I saw a developer being so helpful and a complete opposite of elitist. It really shows that you are very passionate for this project, and because I did som investigation on my own, I now know much more about the boot process of an Android device.

And thats why I will donate what I can afford to you now
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pepzin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pepzin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread