Thanks Meter: 58

By stickyasglue, Senior Member on 26th March 2010, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th March 2010, 03:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyasglue

A recent article by Android and me commented on the new chips set in the galaxy S and its supposed 90 million triangles a second compared to the nexus ones 20 million,
making the galaxy a superior gaming device,
will desire have the same power as the nexus as they share basically the same chip set?

Love to hear your thoughts !

Pretty irrelevant unfortunately as Samsung offer terrible hardware support so all that power will only be to the detriment of battery life.

I don't care if it has a quad core NASA processor in it; Samsung won't develop any means of utilising it and the Galaxy S will prove to be a powerful letdown just like the Omnia HD. I will never buy a Samsung phone again. They can suck my fat one.

28th March 2010, 12:19 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Originally Posted by The-Nazgul

Yes, I already have read this article... Would love to get the Samsung, but Samsung Update policy is seriously bad!
Got the I7500 and I swore not to buy another Samsung device.

Galaxy S is a "with google" android phone. I expect this means better Google support

S5PC110 1Ghz (is the latest Intrinsity ARM Cortex-A8 based processor, A.K.A "Hummingbird", 45 nm with Fast14 tech and ARM NEON extensions) + PowerVR SGX540 (better GPU that iphone's 3GS previous PowerVR SGX535) + 4 inchs Super AMOLED screen= winner
28th March 2010, 12:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
But they have there own interface. So direct updates by google arent possible.
28th March 2010, 12:47 PM |#14  

More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Nazgul

But they have there own interface. So direct updates by google arent possible.

No touchWiz UI inside Galaxy S. If you are talking about APIs then I don't know.
28th March 2010, 12:50 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Talking
Samsung Galaxy is indeed more powerful compare to HTC Desire, but I personally would wait HTC product to top that

At this moment, HTC Desire is much more than enough, at least for me and it is sexier ... While the Samsung Galaxy is more like iPhone which I dont like at all. I dont want to be associated with any Apple product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0orz1337

Galaxy S is a "with google" android phone. I expect this means better Google support

S5PC110 1Ghz (is the latest Intrinsity ARM Cortex-A8 based processor, A.K.A "Hummingbird", 45 nm with Fast14 tech and ARM NEON extensions) + PowerVR SGX540 (better GPU that iphone's 3GS PowerVR SGX535) + 4 inchs Super AMOLED screen= winner

28th March 2010, 12:58 PM |#16  

More
Arrow
I'm an H.T.C. fan too!. HTC build the thinnest phones and this is sexy but now the concept thin implies superAMOLED. If HTC build superAMOLED devices I'll be their first customer.

PD: I can assure you that Apple will never release an Android phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

Samsung Galaxy is indeed more powerful compare to HTC Desire, but I personally would wait HTC product to top that

At this moment, HTC Desire is much more than enough, at least for me and it is sexier ... While the Samsung Galaxy is more like iPhone which I dont like at all. I dont want to be associated with any Apple product!

28th March 2010, 01:10 PM |#17  

More
Cool
Does 'with google' really mean anything or do people just assume it means constant updates? I don't see Android 2.1 on the Magic or G1....I'm sure that they're perfectly capable of running it with perhaps the exclusion of live wallpapers.

Fact that It's Samsung is enough to turn me off, their phones have been nothing but letdowns for me, and that shiny plasticy Samsung 'look' is wearing a bit thin now.

HTC have proven that a device can be better than its competitors just because of the software. compare the Hero with, say the Motorola Dext: the Dext has everything the hero has, a nice build quality and a pretty nice hardware keyboard BUT the MOTOblur software is ugly, confusing crap and as a result the user experience is pretty crap. If HTC had made the Dext I'd be using it now as I love the build quality
28th March 2010, 01:18 PM |#18  

More
dupped, Sorry!
28th March 2010, 01:19 PM |#19  

More
'with google' can't fight against lack of RAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoni1980

Does 'with google' really mean anything or do people just assume it means constant updates? I don't see Android 2.1 on the Magic or G1....I'm sure that they're perfectly capable of running it with perhaps the exclusion of live wallpapers.

28th March 2010, 01:26 PM |#20  

More
So basically 'with Google' is a bit of a cludge.

I assumed that the core of 2.1 was transferable across all spec and that the Nexus One's embelllishments we exclusive to that phone. If not then there's going to be nothing to set the Nexus one apart from everything else once more 'with Google' devices start rolling out.
28th March 2010, 01:48 PM |#21  

More
In my opinion "with Google" means that Google will port some enhancements from future releases to older releases.

For example android 1.6 bring in support for larger screen size, this improvement consume HW resources and has no utility for G1, magic ... then there is no reason for add in it. Instead of this google can add useness improvements for older versions of Android.

So you can translate "with Google" as "you are not alone"(with factory support).

PD: I'm Spanish, my English Language skills are limited. Sorry for the inconvenience!.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)