FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Software Upgrade Assistant isn't detecting my device??

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By BritishAndroid, Junior Member on 18th April 2014, 01:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2014, 02:58 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I've even done new drivers, and all of the above. The droid life article doesn't help when the upgrade assistant won't find my device. I'm lost

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
 
 
18th April 2014, 03:01 AM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slagg3r

I've even done new drivers, and all of the above. The droid life article doesn't help when the upgrade assistant won't find my device. I'm lost

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

I wish I could help you mate, but I can't find anything. I guess I'll just see where the update is at tomorrow.
19th April 2014, 08:27 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag portland, or
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
I have a fresh install of windows 8, no drivers. Attached the phone, drivers updated automatically and everything worked. Maybe if you delete all the old LG drivers and start again, then put in internet/Ethernet mode, see if that works. i couldn't get the OTA to work, got error messages, but the upgrade assistant did.
19th April 2014, 10:19 PM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdunn

I have a fresh install of windows 8, no drivers. Attached the phone, drivers updated automatically and everything worked. Maybe if you delete all the old LG drivers and start again, then put in internet/Ethernet mode, see if that works. i couldn't get the OTA to work, got error messages, but the upgrade assistant did.

Or just pull the ota on your phone ....it's what I did.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
13th April 2015, 06:34 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
OTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by slagg3r

Or just pull the ota on your phone ....it's what I did.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

how can I pull the update if it's a Verizon phone on page plus so I'm not receiving the OTA?
31st July 2016, 05:24 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I found one way
Hello evryone. I had the same problem. I went on the computer side into Device manager and clicked portable devices while phone was connected. Clicked on my phone (samsung sm n910v) and then on the second tab that say Driver and 5 tabs show up, clicked on ROLL BACK DRIVER and that did it for me. Thank you everyone for other helpfull info i have gotten from this website
28th September 2016, 06:55 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I purchased an LG G2 on ebay to get me through until my iPhone 7 ships, had the same problem. I don't know if the USB debugging step is necessary, but here's what I did to get the app to recognize the phone:

1. Enable Developer Features (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Tap Build Number like 5 times or something (it tells you how many after several taps) to enable developer features
2. Enable USB debugging (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging) - note that you cannot enable while the phone is connected to PC via USB. So unplug first then enable.
3. Start Software Upgrade Assistant software on PC.
4. Plug phone into PC and choose install/media sync mode.
5. Then go to phone and change the connection mode to internet > ethernet.
6. Update software started reading my phone status.

Unfortunately my device is 4.2.2 and software version "VS98008U" and says that it's up to date. I can't find any information about this software version anywhere, so I'm not sure what I got sold on ebay but it aint friendly. And all I want to do is upgrade to current Android version so I can install the latest ESPN Fantasy Sports app until my iPhone comes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes