Software Upgrade Assistant isn't detecting my device??

Search This thread
Apr 18, 2014
I went to download the 24A Software Version and my pc is detecting the device, but it assistant isn't detecting it at all no matter what USB connection I have it set to.

Apr 18, 2014
There is as of yet, insuffficient information for a meaningful answer.

I am trying to download the update but the assistant won't detect my device...

I checked in the Devices Centre and my phone was in there, but on the assistant nothing will pop up.

Attachments

• 1212.png
    1212.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 911

slagg3r

Jun 25, 2010
I am trying to download the update but the assistant won't detect my device...

I checked in the Devices Centre and my phone was in there, but on the assistant nothing will pop up.

Welcome to the club man!!! Mine is doing the same thing along with a ton of others

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

slagg3r

Jun 25, 2010
I've even done new drivers, and all of the above. The droid life article doesn't help when the upgrade assistant won't find my device. I'm lost

mrdunn

Jan 6, 2010
portland, or
I have a fresh install of windows 8, no drivers. Attached the phone, drivers updated automatically and everything worked. Maybe if you delete all the old LG drivers and start again, then put in internet/Ethernet mode, see if that works. i couldn't get the OTA to work, got error messages, but the upgrade assistant did.

slagg3r

Jun 25, 2010
I have a fresh install of windows 8, no drivers. Attached the phone, drivers updated automatically and everything worked. Maybe if you delete all the old LG drivers and start again, then put in internet/Ethernet mode, see if that works. i couldn't get the OTA to work, got error messages, but the upgrade assistant did.

Or just pull the ota on your phone ....it's what I did.

IcE006

Jul 31, 2016
I found one way

Hello evryone. I had the same problem. I went on the computer side into Device manager and clicked portable devices while phone was connected. Clicked on my phone (samsung sm n910v) and then on the second tab that say Driver and 5 tabs show up, clicked on ROLL BACK DRIVER and that did it for me. Thank you everyone for other helpfull info i have gotten from this website

Adoobie

Oct 10, 2008
I purchased an LG G2 on ebay to get me through until my iPhone 7 ships, had the same problem. I don't know if the USB debugging step is necessary, but here's what I did to get the app to recognize the phone:

1. Enable Developer Features (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Tap Build Number like 5 times or something (it tells you how many after several taps) to enable developer features
2. Enable USB debugging (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging) - note that you cannot enable while the phone is connected to PC via USB. So unplug first then enable.
3. Start Software Upgrade Assistant software on PC.
4. Plug phone into PC and choose install/media sync mode.
5. Then go to phone and change the connection mode to internet > ethernet.
6. Update software started reading my phone status.

Unfortunately my device is 4.2.2 and software version "VS98008U" and says that it's up to date. I can't find any information about this software version anywhere, so I'm not sure what I got sold on ebay but it aint friendly. And all I want to do is upgrade to current Android version so I can install the latest ESPN Fantasy Sports app until my iPhone comes :(