[Morph or Flash] Pervert Power [03-29]

Search This thread

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
Credits
Stericson for metamorph and Mikey1022 (yeah, the moderator) for the idea of this.

Screen Shot
device-7.png

What is this?
This is a morph that will make the unlock images transparent.

Why?
Personally, I think the lockscreen looks cleaner without the little tabs on the side or if you follow Mikey's way of thinking that if someone doesn't know how to unlock your phone, then they can't see what is on it (or something to that effect).

No, not that why. Why the name!?!
I have a twisted sense of humor, and the name makes me lol.

Download(s)

Morph
-Recommended Version to use since it will not overwrite any theme/mod previously done to framework-res.apk-
-Apply with MetaMorph-
http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/Pervert_Power.zip

Update.zip Format
-Should only be used with stock ROMs since it will overwrite everything in framework-res.apk with stock images except for the images in the morph above. Also, it will take more time for me to remember to update the update.zip's. This should only be used if you can't get metamorph working or don't want to use it.

CyanogenMod 5.0.5.3
http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/Pervert_Power_5.0.5.3.zip

Enomther 1.8.1
http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/Pervert_Power_1.8.1.zip

MoDaCo 2.1
http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/Pervert_Power_2.1.zip

Disclaimer
I do not admit to being able to protect the horribly perverted things you keep on your phone. Mainly this is just to give you that false sense of security and feeling that you can leave your phone on a table for five seconds while you look in another direction without intense fear of someone finding out all your horrible secrets. Also, if this wrecks either your phone or your life or some odd possibility of a combination of the two, then I take no responsibility, but please do share with the rest of us because I do enjoy a good laugh.

Last edited:

eViL D:

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2006
very nice bro.

I have been using transparent jog dials with the buttons. I also think it looks clean, and really shows off the live wallpapers.

Question: Do you think it's possible to make the jog dials, transparent, but with like wire frame outlines?

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
very nice bro.

I have been using transparent jog dials with the buttons. I also think it looks clean, and really shows off the live wallpapers.

Question: Do you think it's possible to make the jog dials, transparent, but with like wire frame outlines?

Should be easy enough since it is just images. I can try and play around with it some tomorrow (or well I guess it would be today, but I don't consider it a new day until I wake up).

stewart1988

May 6, 2008
Used to do this with my iPhone and even iPhone users couldn't unlock it lol!

I might make just the unlock transparent and have the Sound On/Off slider visible if that's possable.. :)

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
hey pervert does this hack leave the green and red colors so when i try to slide unlock i can see where the buttons would be?

Dont want to install it to find not and have to restore rom and redo everything thanks.

Daswolven

Oct 1, 2009
Richmond Hill
This is good stuff. I like the little bit of haptic that lets you know you're on base to unlock without having to see anything. Now to make all of the icons transparent too. I know my layout damnit. :D
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Last edited:

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
I did some more digging and not exactly sure what your hack is doing .. i got ahold of my framework-res.apk and extracted the .pngs

at least to me it appears that to give an non shown lock screen i would only need to make
indicator_code_lock_point_area_default.png
and jog_dial_dimple_dim.png

transparent..

but you did not change either of these icons (what am i missing)
thanks

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
This seems awesome man. Wish I could use it. . . I always seem to have metamorph issues.

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
Didn't think it would be this popular lol.

I did some more digging and not exactly sure what your hack is doing .. i got ahold of my framework-res.apk and extracted the .pngs

at least to me it appears that to give an non shown lock screen i would only need to make
indicator_code_lock_point_area_default.png
and jog_dial_dimple_dim.png

transparent..

but you did not change either of these icons (what am i missing)
thanks

The indicator_code_xxxxxx.png images are for if you have a unlock code set. Otherwise, you will not see them. The jog_dial_xxxxx.png images are for the lockscreen images for when 2.0 first came out and there was an arc to unlock instead of the tab on the side.

If you want to leave the buttons and the little dots that appear when you drag the tabs then open the morph with 7-zip/winrar (or something else where you don't have to un-zip it to access it) and delete the following from it.
Buttons:
ic_jog_dial_sound_off.png
ic_jog_dial_sound_on.png
ic_jog_dial_unlock.png
Dots:
jog_tab_target_yellow.png
jog_tab_target_red.png
jog_tab_target_green.png
jog_tab_target_gray.png

@anyone_who_may_read_this_with_source/xml_knowledge:
What .xml or .java file would I need to modify to get rid of the unlock/sound on/sound off text when sliding it across. I don't think it is an .xml because I looked through those on github and none I saw made a reference to any specific text (and I edited them first to no avail lol)?

eViL D:

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2006
Didn't think it would be this popular lol.

The indicator_code_xxxxxx.png images are for if you have a unlock code set. Otherwise, you will not see them. The jog_dial_xxxxx.png images are for the lockscreen images for when 2.0 first came out and there was an arc to unlock instead of the tab on the side.

If you want to leave the buttons and the little dots that appear when you drag the tabs then open the morph with 7-zip/winrar (or something else where you don't have to un-zip it to access it) and delete the following from it.
Buttons:
ic_jog_dial_sound_off.png
ic_jog_dial_sound_on.png
ic_jog_dial_unlock.png
Dots:
jog_tab_target_yellow.png
jog_tab_target_red.png
jog_tab_target_green.png
jog_tab_target_gray.png

@anyone_who_may_read_this_with_source/xml_knowledge:
What .xml or .java file would I need to modify to get rid of the unlock/sound on/sound off text when sliding it across. I don't think it is an .xml because I looked through those on github and none I saw made a reference to any specific text (and I edited them first to no avail lol)?

did you try res/drawable? specifically, jog_tab_bar_right_sound_off.xml & jog_tab_bar_right_sound_on.xml

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
This seems awesome man. Wish I could use it. . . I always seem to have metamorph issues.

I added flashable versions, but if you have a theme or anything applied, then it will overwrite framework-res.apk and do away with a majority of that theme.

did you try res/drawable?

I glanced at it in hex, but didn't think to look at source since I was about to go to sleep when I posted this. Thanks for reminding me, I'll go look now and see if I can find anything.

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
ok thanks for the info.

i am trying to do something different..
ie have a transparent lock screen when you have the lock code.. ie no 3 rows of dots on the screen etc.., but leave alll the crap when you actually slide to unlock.

so i change the two files i mentioned

ie
C:\none\hack>unzip -v clear_lock.zip
Archive: clear_lock.zip
Length Method Size Ratio Date Time CRC-32 Name ("^" ==> case
------ ------ ---- ----- ---- ---- ------ ---- conversion)
0 Stored 0 0% 11-21-09 02:06 00000000 ^.nomedia
0 Stored 0 0% 03-28-10 23:35 00000000 ^framework-res/res/
0 Stored 0 0% 03-28-10 23:42 00000000 ^framework-res/res/draw
able-hdpi/
69 Stored 69 0% 03-27-10 23:28 c8f96bb2 clear_lock.thm
432 Stored 432 0% 03-29-10 11:33 66255acb framework-res/res/draw
able-hdpi/indicator_code_lock_point_area_default.png
2934 Stored 2934 0% 03-28-10 23:37 0e638afe framework-res/res/draw
able-hdpi/jog_dial_dimple_dim.png
------ ------ --- -------

and it semi works.. the locked screen has the black areas around the dots gone ie *the code lock paint file" but for some reason the center is still there which should be transparent in the jog dial dimple dim file..

anyone care to look at it and see if you can find the problem.
i am applying the patch to cyanogen 5.0.5.3 with metamorph
thanks in advance

Attachments

• clear_lock.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 10

MFK DGAF

Nov 9, 2009
I downloaded and tried installing the Morph and would not install i get an error saying "The theme you selected was invalid because the theme control file could not be read or may be missing" Its been awhile since i've used morph but i just downloaded the file to the root of my sd and ran morph to apply it.