[ROM] [kitkat] [KFHD7] [4.4.4] [Unofficial] BeanStalk Build 4.4.4065(10/2)

Make more Beanstalk Builds ?

• Yes

Votes: 42 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread
Btw Scott is working on 5.0 beanstalk so this thread will get updated to lollipop once we get everything working ??[/QUOTE When is this happening and project lollipop? Anyone know? Are we getting CM 12 like all the others?
It'll happen don't worry, have a little faith in us ?. This major update to lollipop brings tons of new features and a whole new look not to mention its heavy RAM usage unlike KitKat, so there's a lot to work on. Were currently working on two builds, aosp and cm12 and were getting there, just slower than normal! Hope this helps clear everything ?

Reactions: Rushead

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
It'll happen don't worry, have a little faith in us ��. This major update to lollipop brings tons of new features and a whole new look not to mention its heavy RAM usage unlike KitKat, so there's a lot to work on. Were currently working on two builds, aosp and cm12 and were getting there, just slower than normal! Hope this helps clear everything ��
Im a good tester if you need. I did testing back in the droid bionic days for a dev. I was just let the guy know what worked and didnt work. Im currently on cm 11 official as i think its most stable than all the others right now on here. UPDATE i just realized im on yours of 6/20 Kitkang. Ive flashed 5-6 different roms so far. Im new to kindle and took one day to figure it all out rooting and 2nd bootloader but it was easy thank god to youtude vids. Hmm maybe i should test your lolli build.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuQQzz
Im a good tester if you need. I did testing back in the droid bionic days for a dev. I was just let the guy know what worked and didnt work. Im currently on cm 11 official as i think its most stable than all the others right now on here. UPDATE i just realized im on yours of 6/20 Kitkang. Ive flashed 5-6 different roms so far. Im new to kindle and took one day to figure it all out rooting and 2nd bootloader but it was easy thank god to youtude vids. Hmm maybe i should test your lolli build.
Sure thing!, as soon as I get another build up I'll send it to you for testing. Just have that fastboot cable ready just incase ?

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
Sure thing!, as soon as I get another build up I'll send it to you for testing. Just have that fastboot cable ready just incase ?
I always have fastboot. But this shouldnt be necessary should it. Is it in beta build or not even that yet?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I always have fastboot. But this shouldnt be necessary should it. Is it in beta build or not even that yet?
I always have fastboot cable. Is it necessary with what you have? Is it in beta stage or not even close?

JeramyEggs

Jan 4, 2011
Charleston Il
Hey guys,
I am all over these forums, and happen to have installed this on a friend's KFHD7. I have noticed that the video camera, and mic don't seem to work. I have followed the instructions to the letter, and didn't know if I did something wrong, or if these are bugs. Any reply would be great. Merry christmas.

P.S. Really good work. Very snappy for a device that was never meant to have full android.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I am all over these forums, and happen to have installed this on a friend's KFHD7. I have noticed that the video camera, and mic don't seem to work. I have followed the instructions to the letter, and didn't know if I did something wrong, or if these are bugs. Any reply would be great. Merry christmas.

P.S. Really good work. Very snappy for a device that was never meant to have full android.
Hmm that's odd. Give me maybe an hour or so and I'll take a look, I have one last build also that I'll upload today until lollipop builds start rolling in ? Merry Christmas!

Reactions: JeramyEggs

Droidify

Jun 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
BuQQzz, excellent work here. Loaded this up yesterday on my wife's Kindle and have to compliment you on the work. It seems to operate wonderfully, and with everything expected in a good CM based ROM! Had the weather app FC issue, so I just renamed the weather APK and think that is resolved. I have found one other hitch so far and that is that the Flixster app will not play trailers. I am working on that and will reply if I find a solution.

Great ROM! Thanks!

Hey guys,

Yep video record doesn't work, I'll look further into it!

Reactions: JeramyEggs
Beanstalk5.0 Screens, probably release the first build sometime today depending how testing goes! ??
10b510dd4d2bc10abaffa09e11597826.jpg
fbc8b9ae4b868adb328fe285d3c11d7d.jpg
1b24067c6f7cdd44f19a6f6012ee6873.jpg

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
I know this thread is pretty much dead, but hoping someone can help. Every time I try to install closed it says there's another app with that signature. I'm using kk because all lp builds crash on my kfhd. Unlikely someone will see this but if you do and you can help please do so. Thanks
Btw--ive never installed closed on this tablet so not sure what's going on...

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
Lol Xposed is already included with the build, I believe its located in settings> beanstalk options. If you try and delete and install a newer xposed , it'll FC

Hmmm...nothing called xposed under beanstalk options. But that's probably why I couldn't find it anywhere when it basically said it was installed. Is it enabled by default? I use xposed but I'm used to going into the installer and enabling modules. This is quite different for me. I would just wipe it and reflash (if I thought I deleted something) but seriously doubt that's the case.
Btw--this isn't make or break for me since I don't use Netflix on this tablet very much but it may be beneficial for other things. This ROM is very stable so far.
Edit--so I wound up finding Xposed under beanstalk options/display and animations BUT its still not working. I install the framework and reboot but it still says its not active? I even did a clean flash of the ROM (thinking I might messed something up) but no dice. Like I said its not crucial but would like to know what's going on because it really is a good stable ROM thus far.

Last edited:

pinn___________

Jan 8, 2010
Middlesbrough
Samsung Galaxy S8
Hi,

Installed and all was working fine.id a TB of safe system data and then rebooted,now all I'm getting is a black screen after the 2 Kindle logos. Have tried multiple resets and getting into recovery but no joy.

Any ideas? Thanks

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
Hi,

Installed and all was working fine.id a TB of safe system data and then rebooted,now all I'm getting is a black screen after the 2 Kindle logos. Have tried multiple resets and getting into recovery but no joy.

Any ideas? Thanks

I was using beanstalk the other day and it was working fine. You can't get into recovery? Can you connect via adb?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk-Presentation.png

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by scott.hart.bti. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

This Build doesnt contain the new cmparts as im sure they will be implemented in future releases!

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Note*..This build was compiled straight from Beanstalk Source, meaning any Specific bugs in this build wont be fixed until fixed by scott. As always ill try my best to help with minor issues!

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Hover
    • Hover settings
    • Android L Soft Keys
    • Floating WIndow
    • Slim Recents
    • XposedFramework
    • Halo
    • Identicons
    • App Circle Bar
    • Custom ProgressBar
    • Tons of other features hidden through out the ROM
    • SwipeToFloat
    • PA Pie
    • SlimROM Pie
    • Bootanimation
    • Overall performance
    • New CM Theme Engine
    • Revamped Settings

Bugs.png

*Screen Record FC
    NETFLIX WORKAROUND!

Gapps.png

Download 4.4 Gapps

Download.png

Updated-10/2
    KFHD7-Beanstalk4.4.4065

Installation.png

• Make sure you are rooted with a custom recovery
    • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash BeanStalk build
    • Flash GAPPs package
    • Reboot

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    My source can be found HERE

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

CREDITS

Hashcode
    scott.hart.bti
    cyanogenmod
    slimROMs
    AOKP
    And anyone else i missed !
    Theme Engine Update

UPDATE!

The much anticipated long awaited update :highfive:

• Bumped to 4.4.4065
    • CM Theme Engine

Download- Beanstalk-4.4.4065

*Note: Wipe Cache and Dalvik before and after flashing :good:
    Can't sleep tonight ? so just thought I'd pop in and say thanks again buqqzz. ? Believe yours is the only ROM with active development afaik for the kfhd and you're keeping me alive here. Really thanks for taking the time to work on this guy and for putting out the updates. ?

Thanks man I know how you feel, I was one of those in the beginning kfhd days that wanted more options and improvements for my device so I decided to learn a few development skills and put it to work and of course share what I've done . big props to hashcode who inspired my me to do it Lol. On a another good note, im trying to bring candykat up to date for the kfhd as well , it was a port so it stopped playing nice once 4.4.4 came out . looking to build it completely from source ;) . as long as I have this device I'll keep putting work into it ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    And headway with the cherry picks?

Sent from my device running CyanogenMod 11

Scott managed to implement everything a couple days ago, just fixing a few build errors at the moment [emoji18]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Btw Scott is working on 5.0 beanstalk so this thread will get updated to lollipop once we get everything working ??