FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][P7300 with 4.2.2 CM 10.1 ONLY] OpenPDroid With PDroid Manager[Sim.To PDroid]

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By kulanavhiea, Senior Member on 24th June 2013, 01:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just want to share what i have tested today. I have installed the best Privacy Protection Tool (IMHO) that call OpenPDroid with PDroid Manager (similiar to PDroid by Syvat).
This is not my work at all,"i just arrange the puzzle piece by piece" that provided by the developers, and applied it to our beloved Samsung GT P7300 8.9. Thanks to all developers.

Usual disclaimer :
  • DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK
  • THIS IS DEVICE SPECIFIC AND ROM SPECIFIC PATCHES
  • PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE ORIGINAL THREADS PROVIDED BY DEVELOPERS LIKE THE ROM THREAD AND THE APPS THREAD, FIND ABOUT WHAT ARE THE BUGS, LIMITATION, ADDITIONAL INFO etc. SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DO.

So, what are required?
Next, how to install it?
  • First, install the [ROM][4.2.2][P7300/P7310][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 [RC2, 2013-May-12]. I assume that you have installed correctly the ROM, follow instruction from the original thread.
  • Then install OpenPDroid patch --> cm-10.1.0-RC2-20130512-UNOFFICIAL-p5-openpdroid-20130623-update.zip in the CWM recovery (I use Clockwork_Recovery_6.0.2.7_GT-P7300)
  • Reboot your device
  • After boot, go to menu --> file manager and install PDroid Manager.apk as usual
  • Now take a look into your device menu/launcher, is your messaging menu disappear? If Yes yo should erase dalvik cache in recovery and reinstall mms.apk in file manager.
  • Done

Note :
  • This patch is only for specific ROM and spesific device mentioned above.
  • Of course you can use this methods (not patches) for another ROM that supported by OpenPDroid or PDroid itself, but do it with your own risk.
  • For another device like Sam GT P7310, Galaxy Tab 8.9 SGH-i957, or for another ROM do not use this patch, you must make your own patch using autopatcher, for more info here.
  • If something go wrong or you don't want to use PDroid Manager anymore, you can uninstall as usual then install cm-10.1.0-RC2-20130512-UNOFFICIAL-p5-20130623-restore.zip in CMW recovery.

DON'T FORGET THAKS TO ME IF THIS USEFUL

Thanks and more info :
The Following User Says Thank You to kulanavhiea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulanavhiea Ad-Free

19th April 2015, 10:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks , will try it now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
openpdroid, pdroid, privacy, samsung 8.9, samsung p7300

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)