FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[4.4.x][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES][UNIFIED][jflte] Omni

3,479 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,460

By Gandalf, Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 28th May 2014, 05:36 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th February 2015, 10:41 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenCollective

Anyone else having trouble with their sim cards with the latest nightlies? I can't find any networks and it seems the sim card is not detected...

Hi,

same problem.
Gone back to 20150218.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Typhoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Typhoe Ad-Free

24th February 2015, 06:50 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoe

Hi,

same problem.
Gone back to 20150218.

Hello,

I was under the impression the current 4.4.4 jflte nightly builds were just automatically generated, and that there has been no changes made as work was been done elsewhere, and now de-unified 5.0 jflte builds are being worked on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Did you try doing a clean flash of the latest nightly build? That may do the trick.

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
24th February 2015, 09:33 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoe

Hi,

same problem.
Gone back to 20150218.

Thanks bro, did the same and now it's working again. I think I'll wait until 5.0 before updating again.
The Following User Says Thank You to OpenCollective For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OpenCollective Ad-Free
25th February 2015, 01:56 AM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 650

Donate to Me
More
I have 2 questions, based on the answer to the first one, are you going to be building for jflteusc? And if so, do you need a tester?
16th March 2015, 03:45 PM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Any news about the process?

I have a question about building omni 5.x on my own. Is there any guid?
I try'd to build cm-12 with no luck (maybe because the guid to build is about cm-11... last weekend i found a guid to build cm-12 but i had no time).
17th April 2015, 03:49 AM |#156  
Flag Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks Meter: 11

More
No radio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Geemaggio

Hello,

I was under the impression the current 4.4.4 jflte nightly builds were just automatically generated, and that there has been no changes made as work was been done elsewhere, and now de-unified 5.0 jflte builds are being worked on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Did you try doing a clean flash of the latest nightly build? That may do the trick.

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

I have tried this a few times over the last couple months and each time it ended with the loss my network. After I either install the latest nightly through TWRP or do a clean install my phone reboots and according to the settings page it does not have a modem/radio. I have tried flashing the same modem that I had prior to the update but it has not worked. At first I thought it was me or something I was doing wrong, but each time I take the phone offline to first make a backup and then upgrade I have my phone offline for a couple of hours and I can't really afford to be without a phone for too long to troubleshoot it since it's my only phone. Does anyone know if the update files were changed between February 2015 and now that caused the modem to be dropped or wiped during the install process?

Regards,
DB
The Following User Says Thank You to AKdballs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AKdballs Ad-Free
20th April 2015, 10:35 PM |#157  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
next 4.4 nightly will be fixed.

hoping to have 5.1 builds ready soon, just need to fix some stuff, but mostly everything is working on them.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2015, 06:07 AM |#158  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakew02

next 4.4 nightly will be fixed.

hoping to have 5.1 builds ready soon, just need to fix some stuff, but mostly everything is working on them.

Best news I've had all day, thanks for the update!
1st May 2015, 09:26 PM |#159  
Flag Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Just noticed the new nightly and made a full backup in TWRP before installing it and everything seems to be working after reboot. Can call, text, and access WiFi. Just wanted to let anyone else know my experience in case you have been holding off for someone else to go first.

Regards!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AKdballs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AKdballs Ad-Free
1st May 2015, 10:00 PM |#160  
Flag Cap-Haitian
Thanks Meter: 2,600

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKdballs

Just noticed the new nightly and made a full backup in TWRP before installing it and everything seems to be working after reboot. Can call, text, and access WiFi. Just wanted to let anyone else know my experience in case you have been holding off for someone else to go first.

Regards!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

I tried the latest nightly for one day and it's rock solid. Battery life on it is good as well. However, camera crashed once and I had to reboot the phone to get it work again.
31st May 2015, 10:31 PM |#161  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Update:

I will be ending development for this device effective immediately. I haven't had the time or desire to work on anything android related lately, and I'll be needing to put my focus on school rather than this stuff. I'm nearing completion of my bachelors of science in psychology and will begin applying to graduate school, so I will not have time to properly maintain this device anymore.

Most of the work is already done for the android-5.1 branch, and the trees will remain on github @ https://github.com/omnirom for anyone willing to carry on the work.

When a new maintainer takes the reigns, please contact me so I can reopen this thread and have it transferred to you. This will allow one thread to contain all of the discussion of Omni for this device rather than having several.

-- Gandalf
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread