FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: who wants to see this device rooted?

yes

108 Vote(s)
99.08%
no

1 Vote(s)
0.92%

GT-B9150 Samsung Homesync *ROOT*

250 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By erik10002, Senior Member on 24th October 2013, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2015, 01:03 AM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
do they have a usa firmware for this unit ?
i cant seem to find anything

17th February 2015, 02:12 AM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio1b

do they have a usa firmware for this unit ?
i cant seem to find anything

ok so my friend bought a homesync off amazon and the person left his user/pass installed on it.
well after my friend got all mad and crazy i adb to it and installed root then did a data wipe. after that the system rebooted and got stuck in a boot loop thats fine we just reflashed odin and the system was back to the setup screen. simple as that

now the we need a custom recovery for this system as the recovery is horriable
also it would be great for a custom rom
22nd February 2015, 05:35 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:

Non custom recovery and no custom Rom as far as I know. I tried to build one myself but because of flash lock (only signed kernel, recovery or system image accepted), never able to flash anything.
6th March 2015, 03:08 AM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy

Non custom recovery and no custom Rom as far as I know. I tried to build one myself but because of flash lock (only signed kernel, recovery or system image accepted), never able to flash anything.

I really wish we could. I put nova launcher on mine instead of the default screen.

Market helper 2 seems to have stopped working as well

By the way thanks fastguy you've been a great help.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote:

ok so my friend bought a homesync off amazon and the person left his user/pass installed on it.
well after my friend got all mad and crazy i adb to it and installed root then did a data wipe. after that the system rebooted and got stuck in a boot loop thats fine we just reflashed odin and the system was back to the setup screen. simple as that

How did you do the data wipe?
22nd April 2015, 10:03 PM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Guys my Homesync's emmc got fried, I can't write or delete anything anymore. So I will open the box, extract the HDD and retire it. I won't be contributing in this thread anymore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fastguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fastguy Ad-Free
25th September 2015, 08:56 AM |#176  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Guys how to disable navigation bar (soft-keys)? It is too big and always keeps popping up accidentaly. I tried to modify build.prop with "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" but in vain. In the meantime I solved: Root --> Xposed --> 3dot menu and navbar disappeared.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hugmebear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hugmebear Ad-Free
25th September 2015, 03:06 PM |#177  

More
For those still following this thread, what are the opinions regarding ROOTING og the HomeSync device: Was it worth doing or Not. YES WAS OK. NO WAS BAD. ?????? Thank you.
28th September 2015, 07:56 AM |#178  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Xposed moduls
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954wrecker

i have set up apex launcher to look like this and removed the samsung launcher
i have through trial and error found a few xposed apps to help
home screen pics
Attachment 2692615
Attachment 2692620
Attachment 2692621
Attachment 2692625
lockscreen
Attachment 2692623
power menu

recent apps

volume

weird way they did the status and notification bar

on screen keyboard. i don't really use it much

Sent from my GT-B9150 using Tapatalk 2

Great appreciation for this achievements! Would you please tell us how you managed to produce those screens? I have installed Apex --> Xposed --> Gravity Box but I have not found any useful settings in it. Did you install specific apps to enable these features?
- Power menu
- Shortcuts e.g. recent menu, etc.
- Volume bar
- notification bar
- on screen keyboard
Thanx in advance!
8th April 2016, 01:36 PM |#179  

More
Surround in Kodi
Hello, I just found out how to get proper surround passthrough working in Kodi. You go to system, settings, system, audio and:

1. set speakers to 2.0
2. enable passthrough
3. enable ac3 and DTS (or whatever your receiver supports).

4. Here's where it gets weird, you have to go into settings for the homesync, and set audio output to HDMI stereo! I guess this is a firmware bug... but it works. If you select HDMI surround you'll just get static if you play multichannel audio from Kodi.

I don't use S-pdif so just try both options there.

Hope this helps.
30th September 2016, 09:06 PM |#180  

More
HELP!
tell me you saved the mj3 firmware file! .-. I seriously cant find this anywhere on the net

[QUOTE=amiel1080p;51317411][QUOTE=fastguy;51304003]Hi, I also had some issues with the original firmware. Try to upgrade it either from the UI (settings, about) or using Odin or Kies after downloading the latest firmware for your country from sammobile.com . I had MJ3 firmware which was working good.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

sir i just downloaded the mj3 firmware, how can i flash? is it like flashing an android phone?
can i use odin? and i will put the firmware in pdn?
sorry for all the question,,

thanks so much

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

27th October 2016, 11:06 PM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Hi all.

Thank you I've managed to successfully root my samsung homesync.

The only thing that I wish I could fix is the homesync app on my samsung s5.

Since performing a factory reset on my samsung s5 the homesync app has been unable to find my device. This was not a result of the root but was happening prior.

I've noted that the app has additional permissions that don't seem to stay on when I've turned them on.

I've managed to install a third party remote droidmote in the meantime but I would prefer to use the homesync app.

If anyone can assist that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-10-28-09-02-43.png
Views:	388
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	3918003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-10-28-09-02-08.png
Views:	388
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	3918004  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread