Bricked HD2 repair

Search This thread

alexsql

Dec 8, 2008
Having my TMOUS HD2 bricked by using Task 29 and 2.09.51 radio, thus losing the warranty, how much does it cost to have it repaired by HTC? Do they even accept them for repair?

Yom

May 4, 2006
Cancun
Does it even boot to the tri-color bootloader screen? If so, you can fix it (I think). If it is indeed dead, there are some posts describing brief, furtive encounters with a microwave... (wink-wink-nudge-nudge)...

Hope you get your device either fixed or replaced soon...

VizagDude

Jan 31, 2007
New York
Having my TMOUS HD2 bricked by using Task 29 and 2.09.51 radio, thus losing the warranty, how much does it cost to have it repaired by HTC? Do they even accept them for repair?

Since it's less than 2 weeks since you got it, just take it to the T-Mobile store you got it from, and tell them that it just stopped working for no reason. I know it's bad thing to do, but it's better them than you right... I am sure they are prepared for the first set of devices to have some issues :)

Just be ignorant and tell them that you left the phone charging overnight and the next day morning, it just stopped working. They will just swap the device. Just make sure that you go to the store in-person to pick up the deivce. If you mail it in, they would dignose and probably know you have messed around with it.

I did the same thing with I flashed my device the next day it came out. I flashed a Custom ROM that had a non-compitable radio and it just did not boot. No bootloader mode.. nothing. NADA...

I called the store I got it from, he asked me to come by the next days since he was of all the devices and he was expecting a few the next day. I asked him to reserve one for me for the exchange for the damaged device. I went in the next day.. They just swapped the device. I actually told him to switch the battery from the new device to see if this one works, he said, it does not matter as he had send the whole device back anywayz..

So, good luck. Hope this helps.

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
Same as above for me except they had no devices left. Out of stock completely with no ETA. I got my refund and I'm back to being HD2'less. :(

mrmomoman

Feb 19, 2009
Unfortunately some of the ROM's can be the kiss of death.

I can tell you that you have completely bricked the phone and they can't tell what ROM you have then you can probably get the warranty with HTC. If they discover you have a ROM it will be shipped back to you and they won't even fix it. It's a hit or miss with them.

I sent back one HTC HD with custom ROM and they didn't have a problem. I snet another one back and they declined due to custom ROM.

Just hope you get them on a good day :)

balexander

May 23, 2010
Fixing A Brick HD2

I will show you how to fix your hd2 from bad rom install that caused your phone to stay in the stick together screen. email me at crgposting@gmail.com and I will send you the instructions to install your new rom.

themenucha

Jun 1, 2009
Tel Aviv
HELP!!!

I need help! I think i briked my device :(!! I flashed it with HSPL 3. and after that i've installed FLASH(RUU via PC)in the end of installation my HTC HD from Tmobile totally died- no sings of charging, no 3 color boot screen, pc can't find Qalcom cdma something driver and can't recognize the pone.This is a site i took a ROM from:
htcaddicts.com/?id=12
site is in hebrew, RUU called FLASH, it's an official rom of NEWPAN ver 1.48. Please help me to unbrick it!!!!!my mail ia : themenucha@gmail.com
Thank you all, Cyril.

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
I need help! I think i briked my device :(!! I flashed it with HSPL 3. and after that i've installed FLASH(RUU via PC)in the end of installation my HTC HD from Tmobile totally died- no sings of charging, no 3 color boot screen, pc can't find Qalcom cdma something driver and can't recognize the pone.This is a site i took a ROM from:
htcaddicts.com/?id=12
site is in hebrew, RUU called FLASH, it's an official rom of NEWPAN ver 1.48. Please help me to unbrick it!!!!!my mail ia : themenucha@gmail.com
Thank you all, Cyril.

just answered in your thread.

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
You mean it's dead and there's nothing to do with it?
New CPU?
RAM discharge? SOMETHING????:confused:

That's pretty much right....when you flash an incompatible radio to this phone (which that ROM has), that's the surest way to kill your HD2.

You can send it to HTC for repair, where they will likely tell you that you need a new mainboard (CPU, rom/ram, etc) and offer to charge you for it....usually very close to the price of just replacing the phone with a used one.

Yova809

Aug 12, 2008
NEED HELP ASAP PlZ..i just installed the [ROM][WWE]★★★Astraios Roms★★★[REG/BUUF/GTX][23569][22nd July] to my HD2 i think i bricked the phone cause when i turn it on the Tmobile screen loads up but when it gets to the part where the ROM loads it freezes completly plz can someone give me a heads up on what to do.......

juggs

Jan 12, 2008
NEED HELP ASAP PlZ..i just installed the [ROM][WWE]★★★Astraios Roms★★★[REG/BUUF/GTX][23569][22nd July] to my HD2 i think i bricked the phone cause when i turn it on the Tmobile screen loads up but when it gets to the part where the ROM loads it freezes completly plz can someone give me a heads up on what to do.......
Can you get into bootloader mode then? Get there and flash a different ROM. Be sure it doesn't contain a .51 radio!

RGONZALES1Y

Aug 20, 2010
Please help me i did the same as

""I need help! I think i briked my device !! I flashed it with HSPL 3. and after that i've installed FLASH(RUU via PC)in the end of installation my HTC HD from Tmobile totally died- no sings of charging, no 3 color boot screen, pc can't find Qalcom cdma something driver and can't recognize the pone.This is a site i took a ROM from:
htcaddicts.com/?id=12
Thank you all, Cyril."""

just answered in your thread.

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
""I need help! I think i briked my device !! I flashed it with HSPL 3. and after that i've installed FLASH(RUU via PC)in the end of installation my HTC HD from Tmobile totally died- no sings of charging, no 3 color boot screen, pc can't find Qalcom cdma something driver and can't recognize the pone.This is a site i took a ROM from:
htcaddicts.com/?id=12
Thank you all, Cyril."""

bricked by the radio that rom contains.
sorry.

bh805

Nov 1, 2007
Got my HTC HD2 rooted and installed droid froyo and it worked for 2-3 weeks, and then suddenly after trying out a program from droid market, called photofun, it just froze, so I removed the battery and put it back in, and it is not coming up at all. Tried hard reset with the vol up/down+power with no luck. Completely dead, would not even go to the boot loader.

So if anyone is in same situation as I was, just search for htc repair in your local CL and I took mine to a local wireless store here and they're able to fix it somehow and cost me $50. Software issue they said.

There seems to be a way to fix a completely dead/bricked hd2, without having to replace the whole mobo, but cannot find any info online. Anyone would like to share please? In case I bricked my phone again or anyone else who bricked their phone.