FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,611

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2015, 01:51 PM |#18181  
Flag Calamba, Laguna
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Can someone help?

I'm currently using Poweramp v2.0.10 Build 579, and I can't use V4A with it. I'm switching between Normal and Compatible Mode on V4A but still no success. Can some Poweramp users here tell me how to get it work?

1st May 2015, 01:58 PM |#18182  
Flag Long Island, New York
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos

The OEM ROM simply means it's from (in my case) Samsung. I.e., it's not a Custom ROM. I was saying that I have never seen a Kernel put out by a developer to replace the Kernel that comes with a phone's OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) ROM. And I have searched a lot! There are things that a Custom Kernel would allow me to do, like OverClocking my CPU, while knocking the Voltage at each Frequency down, to keep the heat down while running faster, for one thing.

But hey, if you know where these Custom Kernels live, then please tell me, so I can go knock on their door. I'd be very grateful!

(Biting tounge) what service provider do you have sir/miss? (Not trying to be a wise guy don't know your sex by a screen name) and what kind of phone is it? I.e 'Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 [sph-l720]

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456

Can someone help?

I'm currently using Poweramp v2.0.10 Build 579, and I can't use V4A with it. I'm switching between Normal and Compatible Mode on V4A but still no success. Can some Poweramp users here tell me how to get it work?

Hey bud I'm not being mean scroll down do you see those arrows click on page 1 and read from top to when the creator of the forum stops writing it explains it
The Following User Says Thank You to dinaps86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dinaps86 Ad-Free
1st May 2015, 02:21 PM |#18183  
Flag Calamba, Laguna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinaps86

Hey bud I'm not being mean scroll down do you see those arrows click on page 1 and read from top to when the creator of the forum stops writing it explains it

It says "Disable their own sound effects". Already did that inside Poweramp, but still no V4A effects. Tried rebooting. Ugh...

Any Music Players you can suggest that has Media Utilities (for Zooper Widget use) support and can work with V4A? Cause I give up on Poweramp LOL...

1st May 2015, 02:26 PM |#18184  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:

(Biting tounge) what service provider do you have sir/miss? (Not trying to be a wise guy don't know your sex by a screen name) and what kind of phone is it? I.e 'Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 [sph-l720]

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Okay, I had no idea that a persons carrier made a difference when it came to the kernel they use. And not all phones belong to a specific carrier. Sprint uses a different format, so yes, their phone names start with "Sprint". But the name of my phone does not start with "MetroPCS", even though they are my carrier (now owned by T-Mobile).

FYI, if it helps, my info is in my signature below and yes, the Model # does tie back to MetroPCS, but that's only because they put their apps on it before selling it. Their name does not appear anywhere on the phone and it's a basic, Unlocked GSM phone (bought it from them that way), that I can use with any GSM Carrier.

I think maybe Sprint has tainted your view of phones. <lol>

Seriously, I understand why you might ask. And maybe different kernels are used for all I know. And if it helps, there it is. But also, in my sig, you'll see that I'm not using an OTA KK from MetroPCS. I got the ROM from Samsung and installed it using Odin. That would affect the Kernel too, no?
1st May 2015, 02:28 PM |#18185  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik007rock

help unable to get to work on 5.1.1
driver installed but shows
status =abnormal
audio format = unsupported

Download selinux mode changer from play store .. Change selinux to permissive ..reboot
1st May 2015, 02:41 PM |#18186  

More
Quote:

It says "Disable their own sound effects". Already did that inside Poweramp, but still no V4A effects. Tried rebooting. Ugh...

Any Music Players you can suggest that has Media Utilities (for Zooper Widget use) support and can work with V4A? Cause I give up on Poweramp LOL...

Hold on i know it's here its a simple fix I'll Google it for you

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote:

Go to post #4301 (page 431) of the official v4a thread

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos

Okay, I had no idea that a persons carrier made a difference when it came to the kernel they use. And not all phones belong to a specific carrier. Sprint uses a different format, so yes, their phone names start with "Sprint". But the name of my phone does not start with "MetroPCS", even though they are my carrier (now owned by T-Mobile).

FYI, if it helps, my info is in my signature below and yes, the Model # does tie back to MetroPCS, but that's only because they put their apps on it before selling it. Their name does not appear anywhere on the phone and it's a basic, Unlocked GSM phone (bought it from them that way), that I can use with any GSM Carrier.

I think maybe Sprint has tainted your view of phones. <lol>

Seriously, I understand why you might ask. And maybe different kernels are used for all I know. And if it helps, there it is. But also, in my sig, you'll see that I'm not using an OTA KK from MetroPCS. I got the ROM from Samsung and installed it using Odin. That would affect the Kernel too, no?

I just threw up from confusion....sprint hasn't tainted anything......that's my carrier thats.....why I used it as a reference watch this brb
The Following User Says Thank You to dinaps86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dinaps86 Ad-Free
1st May 2015, 02:41 PM |#18187  
Thanks Meter: 850

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm using Apollo v1.1 on KK - Flawless. Don't know anything about "media utilities" tho..

Gratefully Sent from my rooted N9510 JollyRoger 4G
1st May 2015, 02:45 PM |#18188  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4,544

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid1460

Download selinux mode changer from play store .. Change selinux to permissive ..reboot

It's not currently on the play store but it is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2524485

Tapatalked that shiznit.
1st May 2015, 02:47 PM |#18189  

More
Go to search type in Samsung Galaxy Mega you have lots of stuff to mess with simple but first things first you won't need to change your kernel to permissive because your on kit kat if you want to get both of them working Google 'how to install v4a using Lucky Patcher
1st May 2015, 02:53 PM |#18190  
Thanks Meter: 2,088

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasticdroid

Whoever is making the flashable zips that replace the entire audio_policy.conf file in ROMs, I found an alternative way which comments out the deep_buffer lines via sed command instead of replacing the file (as it may change in ROMs such as CM.) I have my own addon.d script that backs up what I would like it to, along with applying some changes for V4A functionality.

This is what I have in my addon.d script (placed under the post-restore section) to search and comment out the deep_buffer lines:

Code:
# audio_policy.conf edits for V4A compatibility
sed -i '/deep_buffer {/,/}/s/^/#/' /system/etc/audio_policy.conf
Once the script finishes what it needs to do, the deep_buffer lines will look like so:
Code:
#      deep_buffer {
#        sampling_rates 8000|11025|12000|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000
#        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
#        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
#        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_PROXY
#        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DEEP_BUFFER
#      }
And what I have in my addon.d script (also placed under the post-restore section) to add to build.prop
Code:
# build.prop edits for V4A functionality
echo "lpa.decode=false" >> /system/build.prop;
echo "lpa.releaselock=false" >> /system/build.prop;
echo "lpa.use-stagefright=false" >> /system/build.prop;
echo "tunnel.decode=false" >> /system/build.prop;
Hopefully these will be of use to some who also create their own addon.d scripts.

I added the policy to my test zips. Can you take a peak at the add.on script I use in my zips and see if this looks correct? I've attached it below.

BTW I find that with the deep buffer edits the build prop changes are not needed. Or at least no one has come back into my thread saying Viper stopped for them. Dozens of users from different devices are using my zips.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 95-SurROUND.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.1 KB, 24 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrasLOHF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrasLOHF Ad-Free
1st May 2015, 03:22 PM |#18191  
Flag Calamba, Laguna

More
Quote:

Go to post #4301 (page 431) of the official v4a thread

Thank you! I just have to fully disable DVC (since I didn't disabled it entirely before) on Poweramp, and now V4A works! Thank you so much!

Now back on making Anime Zooper Widgets! BD

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)