<GUIDE><TOOLS> Verizon S6 Stock Restore Files<ODIN><SmartSwitch>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
G

GuestK00143

<GUIDE><TOOLS> Verizon S6 Stock Restore Files<ODIN><SmartSwitch>

I will not be updating this thread any further. I no longer own the device.

Here is a link to the stock Verizon tar file to flash in download mode via Odin. I will add more files as they become available. Use this to return to factory stock if a factory reset dose not solve any problems you may have with your retail Verizon S6. If you find these files useful and download them please hit the thanks button. Do not copy these files and repost them, make a link to this thread instead. If I missed anything in the instructions please let me know and I will update the OP. Thanks and enjoy.​

Install Instructions
1: Download Odin and Verizon S6 Retail Tar from the links below. Then extract the Odin.zip file ..
2: Run Odin and pick the AP button then navigate to where you saved the file you want to flash and chose that file. Let Odin verify the file.
3: Turn off your phone and enter download mode by holding the home, volume down and the power buttons until the enter download mode screen appears. Then enter download mode by letting go of the buttons and then press the volume up key.
4: Now you should be in download mode, connect your phone to your PC now. Odin should say connected in the message box, if not you need to install your Samsung phone drivers.
5: After connecting your phone and loading the tar file select the Start button and let Odin do it's job. This will take about 5 to to 10 minutes to complete. Please be patient and do not disconnect your phone until the phone reboots and the word Pass appears in the upper left corner of Odin.
6: That's it, you should now be in the phone setup screen with the words Pass in Odin if all went well.

If you get stuck in a bootloop after flashing a tar file don't panic. Enter the maintenance menu by holding the volume down, home and power keys for about 10 seconds. Then clear cache and factory data reset.

Firmware Flashing
1: Using flashfire wipe and then flash the ROM you are switching to that is of a different build. OE2 to OC3 for an example. You wikll most likely get stuck at the Samsung lockscreen when the phone reboots.
2: Don't panic :eek: just reboot into download mode and flash the proper firmware with Odin by holding down the home, volume down and power buttons for about 10 seconds. Select reboot and use the same button combo to enter download mode.​

Last edited:
G

GuestK00143

OF1 Files
DO NOT FLASH THE STOCK OF1 Tar If You Want To Keep ROOT, It CAN NOT be Rooted and Flashed Back
Stock OF1 Tar Thanks @scrosler
MD5: cb352665331d3dda27276e811ecb1de2

Of1 Modem
Flash with FlashFire Thanks @DeathAngel66669 This too can NOT be flashed back.

OE2 Files
Stock OE2 Tar
MD5: 1adf7275add06468866ed0ef0b74aad9

OE2 Retail Firmware
MD5: cf512cd298ddd364d349e4507174bdae

OC3 Files
Stock OC3 Tar
MD5: 7cff184e30b1e8f40e1f5b03326b1680

OC3 Retail Firmware
MD5: b038a821549430d7e43f18ab3d5cdc12

Tools
Odin 3.10.6
Odin 3.9
Samsung SmartSwitch
MD5 Check

Last edited:

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Is it possible to remove bloatware via this? May be a stupid question but I recall in the past of people having modded restore files such as this which did not contain bloatware or for instance even contained root. Possibilities of this? Also thanks for the thread!

G

GuestK00143

Is it possible to remove bloatware via this? May be a stupid question but I recall in the past of people having modded restore files such as this which did not contain bloatware or for instance even contained root. Possibilities of this? Also thanks for the thread!

No, we can not do that without root. If the stock image is modified in any way it breaks the signature and fails to boot. Thank the locked bootloader and Verizon for that but we can disable the apps witch is nearly as good.

lizaSB

Oct 14, 2009
Vancouver
No, we can not do that without root. If the stock image is modified in any way it breaks the signature and fails to boot. Thank the locked bootloader and Verizon for that but we can disable the apps witch is nearly as good.

Just curious... Would it be possible to grab only the csc folder from this? Interested in making some comparisons versus other variants.

G

GuestK00143

Just curious... Would it be possible to grab only the csc folder from this? Interested in making some comparisons versus other variants.

Yes, you just need to build a ROM with Kitchen and you will have the csc folder after you do that.

G

GuestK00143

If you haven't grabbed the CSC folder I can get it for you. I have my Linux drive set back up.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Here is a link to the stock Verizon tar file to flash in download mode via Odin. I will add more files as they become available. Use this to return to factory stock if a factory reset dose not solve any problems you may have with your retail Verizon S6. If you find these files useful and download them please hit the thanks button. Do not copy these files and repost them, make a link to this thread instead. If I missed anything in the instructions please let me know and I will update the OP. Thanks and enjoy.​

Install Instructions
1: Download Odin and Verizon S6 Retail Tar from the links below. Then extract the Odin.zip file ..
2: Run Odin and pick the AP button then navigate to where you saved the file you want to flash and chose that file. Let Odin verify the file.
3: Turn off your phone and enter download mode by holding the home, volume down and the power buttons until the enter download mode screen appears. Then enter download mode by letting go of the buttons and then press the volume up key.
4: Now you should be in download mode, connect your phone to your PC now. Odin should say connected in the message box, if not you need to install your Samsung phone drivers.
5: After connecting your phone and loading the tar file press the AP button and let Odin do it's job. This will take about 5 to to 10 minutes to complete. Please be patient and do not disconnect your phone until the phone reboots and the word Pass appears in the upper left corner of Odin.
6: That's it, you should now be in the phone setup screen with the words Pass in Odin if all went well.

If you get stuck in a bootloop after flashing a tar file don't panic. Enter the maintenance menu by holding the volume down, home and power keys for about 10 seconds. Then clear cache and factory data reset.

what devices you running now @Misterxtc ?? I have the g925v now. Maybe we will work together again (i mean you can help me all the time haha.) Glad to see youre still around!

Sent from my SM-T807V using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: lowrider122
G

GuestK00143

what devices you running now @Misterxtc ?? I have the g925v now. Maybe we will work together again (i mean you can help me all the time haha.) Glad to see youre still around!

Good to see you around too. I got the g920v. I ditched my DevEd Note 4 for the rootless S6 because I like it that much. The hardware is pretty amazing. Plus I wanted to step away from ROM building for a while with all that has been going on with life. It's way too time consuming. I will probably get back into it some day but for now these tar threads are a good way for me to give back to the community.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Good to see you around too. I got the g920v. I ditched my DevEd Note 4 for the rootless S6 because I like it that much. The hardware is pretty amazing. Plus I wanted to step away from ROM building for a while with all that has been going on with life. It's way too time consuming. I will probably get back into it some day but for now these tar threads are a good way for me to give back to the community.

Nice.. it looks like ground is being made already to root the s6 wwith the newest exploit out lol. hopefully it wont be long! The break has been nice however so i agree.

hard to believe my s5 rom thread now has 150k views! I hope the gs6 edge isnt as demanding as that thread was.. then again i want to remove all this crap and im sure anything will only make the device better!

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN

Install Instructions
5: After connecting your phone and loading the tar file press the AP button and let Odin do it's job. This will take about 5 to to 10 minutes to complete. Please be patient and do not disconnect your phone until the phone reboots and the word Pass appears in the upper left corner of Odin.

I know this may be a stupid suggestion, but you might want to add press "start" in your instructions instead of saying "press the AP button" on step 5.

Reactions: twiz0r
G

GuestK00143

I know this may be a stupid suggestion, but you might want to add press "start" in your instructions instead of saying "press the AP button" on step 5.

Good catch, I fixed the OP. After 83,882 views in my S5 tar thread that have the same directions no one noticed :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Am I blind this am.. But all I am seeing is the Mobile version of Smart Switch, not a PC version as you state...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is OF1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347773998

Remember, it cannot be rooted so I highly encourage you to not flash this. I am posting it here for those that dont care about root.

Install Instructions

Install Instructions

I am getting the S6 today and would like the newest version of Odin and the factory image around in case I have an issue. If anyone has the files please post a new link.
    This link should point you to the right direction.

my 2 cents
    did you try backing up using samsung smart switch then using the emergency recovery and initialization option?

This worked like a charm! Thank you SO much!!