FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,612 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,421

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16 Now Available!!
2nd May 2015, 05:42 PM |#3961  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Interesting... I think I might need to do a bit of recoding.

Bearing in mind what I have going on over the next few days, I should be able to get this done by Monday/Tuesday. In the meantime, can anybody link me to an odexed Lollipop ROM? The biggest problem I have here is that I don't actually have an odexed Lollipop ROM on any of my devices to test this on. So any help would be much appreciated.

What devices do you have?

For my device, the nexus 4 I created a stock flashable ROM based off factory images (5.1) which should be odexed right ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to 22sl22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 22sl22 Ad-Free

2nd May 2015, 05:51 PM |#3962  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sl22

What devices do you have?

For my device, the nexus 4 I created a stock flashable ROM based off factory images (5.1) which should be odexed right ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA mobile app

Xperia Z (no stock LP ROM yet) and Xperia Mini Pro (only a deodexed AOSP ROM)..

That ROM should be odexed, I would think. If so, I need the system/framework/, system/priv-app/ and system/app/ folders.
2nd May 2015, 06:08 PM |#3963  
Flag 404 not found
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss

@MaFiBoSS Why not just use an already deodexed rom instead of fighting with deodexing files and causing yourself more headaches? Is 1 not available for your device? And if you are following guides on how to do something, chances are it has already been done which makes life easier for you as well.

[email protected]'$ [email protected]@XY
Support TBO and the continuation of inverted and transparent apps and look as cool as your phone with a TBO t shirt- http://teespring.com/teamblackout

Eh eh eh eh, but this is the easiest way
I'm trying to create a apk file deodex.

Thanks for the advice.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh dear, it looks like I made a mistake in the code..

Code:
[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\_deodex\ActiveFilename" not deodexed
That ActiveFilename is the name of a variable, you shouldn't be seeing it in the logs. That might not be helping. Can you try downloading TMA again (or even just the .EXE file from the OP), try deodexing again and share the new history.txt please?

Ok, I removed everything from my pc and download again the TMA.

1 - Extracted folder "TickleMyAndroid" from ".exe" file to "c:\";
2 - Installed the framework;
3 - Pull the file "SystemUI.apk" from my device to pc with the TMA;
4 - Created the backup and decompile the file "SystemUI.apk";
5 - Started to: Prepare Workspace and push all files from my device;
6 - I tried to backup the "SystemUI.odex.xz" file, without success;
7 - Selected the Deodex Files option and the file "SystemUI.odex.xz";
8 - And stop in the step: "7. Deodexing can take a little while".

History

Code:
Tickle My Android 10.3.2. Theming History

tinyurl.com/ticklemyandroid

------------------------------------------------

[email protected] --- SESSION STARTED 
[email protected] --- WorkArea Set To "WorkArea1" 
[email protected] --- Apktool Version Set To "apktool_2.0.0.jar" 

[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\_in\framework-res.apk" installed to PC 

I: Framework installed to: C:\Users\MaFi-BoSS\apktool\framework\1.apk

[email protected] --- "/system/priv-app/SystemUI/SystemUI.apk" pulled to "WorkArea1" 
3626 KB/s (14163829 bytes in 3.814s)

[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\[email protected]" backup created 
[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\_in\SystemUI.apk" decompile succeeded, using "apktool_2.0.0.jar" 

I: Using Apktool 2.0.0 on SystemUI.apk
I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\MaFi-BoSS\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Regular manifest package...
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
I: Copying assets and libs...
I: Copying unknown files...
I: Copying original files...

[email protected] --- Files Pulled From "system/framework" To "WorkArea1\_deodex" 
[email protected] --- Files Pulled From "system/framework" To "WorkArea1\_deodex\framework" 
[email protected] --- Files Copied From "system\framework\arm\*.odex" To "WorkArea1\_deodex\OdexFiles" 
[email protected] --- "boot.oat" Copied From "system\framework\arm\" To "WorkArea1\_deodex\OdexFiles" 
[email protected] --- Files Possibly Not Pulled From "system/*app" "system/priv-app" To "WorkArea1\_deodex" 
[email protected] --- Odex Files Copied To "WorkArea1\_deodex\Odexfiles" 
[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\_deodex\SystemUI.odex.xz" not deodexed
And I try deodexing the file, this files are created:

"C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea1\_deodex\DeodexedFile s" <------ empty.
2nd May 2015, 06:42 PM |#3964  
Flag Tickfaw
Thanks Meter: 6,234

More
Quote:

Interesting... I think I might need to do a bit of recoding.

Bearing in mind what I have going on over the next few days, I should be able to get this done by Monday/Tuesday. In the meantime, can anybody link me to an odexed Lollipop ROM? The biggest problem I have here is that I don't actually have an odexed Lollipop ROM on any of my devices to test this on. So any help would be much appreciated.

I see odex rom here

https://yadi.sk/d/LRRgntHndXZCQ

I would upload my framework/app and priv-app but it would take 8 hours with my slow upload speed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carl1961 Ad-Free
2nd May 2015, 11:36 PM |#3965  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,881

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFiBoSS

Eh eh eh eh, but this is the easiest way
I'm trying to create a apk file deodex.

Thanks for the advice.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Ok, I removed everything from my pc and download again the TMA.

1 - Extracted folder "TickleMyAndroid" from ".exe" file to "c:\";
2 - Installed the framework;
3 - Pull the file "SystemUI.apk" from my device to pc with the TMA;
4 - Created the backup and decompile the file "SystemUI.apk";
5 - Started to: Prepare Workspace and push all files from my device;
6 - I tried to backup the "SystemUI.odex.xz" file, without success;
7 - Selected the Deodex Files option and the file "SystemUI.odex.xz";
8 - And stop in the step: "7. Deodexing can take a little while".

History

Code:
Tickle My Android 10.3.2. Theming History

tinyurl.com/ticklemyandroid

------------------------------------------------

[email protected] --- SESSION STARTED 
[email protected] --- WorkArea Set To "WorkArea1" 
[email protected] --- Apktool Version Set To "apktool_2.0.0.jar" 

[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\_in\framework-res.apk" installed to PC 

I: Framework installed to: C:\Users\MaFi-BoSS\apktool\framework\1.apk

[email protected] --- "/system/priv-app/SystemUI/SystemUI.apk" pulled to "WorkArea1" 
3626 KB/s (14163829 bytes in 3.814s)

[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\[email protected]" backup created 
[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\_in\SystemUI.apk" decompile succeeded, using "apktool_2.0.0.jar" 

I: Using Apktool 2.0.0 on SystemUI.apk
I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\MaFi-BoSS\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Regular manifest package...
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
I: Copying assets and libs...
I: Copying unknown files...
I: Copying original files...

[email protected] --- Files Pulled From "system/framework" To "WorkArea1\_deodex" 
[email protected] --- Files Pulled From "system/framework" To "WorkArea1\_deodex\framework" 
[email protected] --- Files Copied From "system\framework\arm\*.odex" To "WorkArea1\_deodex\OdexFiles" 
[email protected] --- "boot.oat" Copied From "system\framework\arm\" To "WorkArea1\_deodex\OdexFiles" 
[email protected] --- Files Possibly Not Pulled From "system/*app" "system/priv-app" To "WorkArea1\_deodex" 
[email protected] --- Odex Files Copied To "WorkArea1\_deodex\Odexfiles" 
[email protected] --- "_WorkArea1\_deodex\SystemUI.odex.xz" not deodexed
And I try deodexing the file, this files are created:

"C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea1\_deodex\DeodexedFile s" <------ empty.

Maybe I'm missing something, a deodex rom, the apk is already deodexed. No need for these extra steps. Just use the deodexed apk from a deodex rom and you are good to go. Just delete whatever app you are replacing along with any odex files and replace with the deodexed 1.

Support TBO and the continuation of inverted and transparent apps and look as cool as your phone with a TBO t shirt- http://teespring.com/teamblackout
3rd May 2015, 12:58 AM |#3966  
Flag 404 not found
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss

Maybe I'm missing something, a deodex rom, the apk is already deodexed. No need for these extra steps. Just use the deodexed apk from a deodex rom and you are good to go. Just delete whatever app you are replacing along with any odex files and replace with the deodexed 1.

No, I'm using a stock rom, see my signature.

I found this topic and works.

I decompiled the "SystemUI.odex.xz" and have acess the folder I wanted, but after deodexed the apk, my UI system stopped.

(Moved arm folder and clean cache/dalvik/art)
3rd May 2015, 01:40 AM |#3967  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,881

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFiBoSS

No, I'm using a stock rom, see my signature.

I found this topic and works.

I decompiled the "SystemUI.odex.xz" and have acess the folder I wanted, but after deodexed the apk, my UI system stopped.

(Moved arm folder and clean cache/dalvik/art)

Stock roms come deodexed. Switch to a deodexed rom and you will not have these issues.

3rd May 2015, 10:11 AM |#3968  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TMA!!

Today marks the third birthday for Tickle My Android.

Three years.

I started this thread three years ago.

Wow....where did the time go?!

Since I decided to share this little batch file of mine, I've seen TMA downloaded by thousands of people across the globe, translated into several different languages and featured on several different websites. The code, meanwhile, has increased from a mere 1,814 lines to 12,863!

I'm still amazed that this tool is still going and I want to thank everybody who's downloaded, supported and contributed over the years. It's you lot that make this the Greatest Android Theming Tool...EVER!!

To mark the occasion, and to say thanks, I thought I'd share something rather special..

Not long after the release of version 9, I thought I'd do something different with for the next release. I'd learnt a lot over the years about how to write batch files so it felt like it was time to change TMA from the standard menu layout and make something truly special.
I then spent the next few months working on TICKLE MY ANDROID X..

TMAX took a a very long time to design and an even longer time to code. Batch files are just not meant to do the things that this tool could do. This code caused me a lot of headaches!

Then, towards the end of last year, I'd finally gotten the tool to the point where it could decompile, recompile and everything else in the Theming Menu just as well as TMA. That's when I realised the problem.

TMAX looked amazing and I was having a lot of fun working out how to get it do what I wanted to do but, when it came to theming Android, TMA was faster, simpler, more efficient and, basically, better to use!!
Which was the whole point behind it. Tickle My Android is a theming tool, not a programming exercise.

So I stopped development on Tickle My Android X and started work on putting some of the code into Tickle My Android 10. Hopefully, you'll agree that version 10 is the best yet.

If you'd like to see what the future of this awesome program nearly looked like, you can download the final beta of Tickle My Android X from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l3...idX_v0.8.4.exe

(Special thanks go to the Elite Beta Testers who helped me put this together. )

Let me know what you think, thank you for supporting Tickle My Android and here's to another 3 years!
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
3rd May 2015, 10:23 AM |#3969  
Thanks Meter: 1,277

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TMA!!

thanks Ticklefish. without you and your tool, I would never have known the wonderful world of modding!!
thank you so much!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glfsd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glfsd Ad-Free
3rd May 2015, 09:47 PM |#3970  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,319

More
Quote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TMA!!

New update is great as usual, thanks

Been using TMA since V6, the reason why I know this is because that's when I started doing mods and things and iv'e always used the same zip template that says v6 (Always been too lazy to change it ) and it's never let me down. Not just in terms of flashable zips but everything else in TMA has always been a huge help so here's to another 3 years, and another 3 after that

edit: @Ticklefish

Only read your comment now, if you still need stock odexed system/framework/, system/priv-app/ and system/app/ let me know and i'll upload those folders. Not sure what use they will be for you though since you don't have a nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to 22sl22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 22sl22 Ad-Free
3rd May 2015, 10:36 PM |#3971  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,241

Donate to Me
More
This is great tool...
I am truely amazed to see that you still support this tool, most of the devs just stop the support after a while...
Thanks for your works towards this community bro
The Following User Says Thank You to stanlin salu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stanlin salu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)