Odin Tar files for SM-G920A

Search This thread

OKAstro

Mar 5, 2011
Edmond, OK
Quick question. There are 2 S6 AT&T firmwares I've come across. One is one large tar file, and the other has the 4 separate tar files for Odin.

I assume they are the same, other than using 1 file for Odin vs using 4 files? Here's the link for the other one.

Or is there a reason why the one file is better than the 4?

Thanks

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
Quick question. There are 2 S6 AT&T firmwares I've come across. One is one large tar file, and the other has the 4 separate tar files for Odin.

I assume they are the same, other than using 1 file for Odin vs using 4 files? Here's the link for the other one.

Or is there a reason why the one file is better than the 4?

Thanks
The other files are your bootloader, CSC, PDA etc.

PDA = ROM. That's what you want to flash with ODIN. I don't bother flashing the other files because they don't change.

Reactions: crea78

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
There was an updated for AT&T S6 today. Can you get the ODIN tar files for that?
Build Number: G920AUCU1AOE2

Last edited:

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
I just don't understand why it's not available on Sammobile yet since it's official. Also, why would they take out the feature to sort your apps alphabetically in the app drawer? Why bother putting a screen timeout of 2min? Does AT&T tweak the ROM before since it's not originally in Samsung's ROM.

See this doesn't make any sense to me either. Cannot sort by alpha, the screen timeout setting have changed, and also the AT&T Message backup feature is not on the device, and AT&T Contact sync is already enabled, along with a weird text message already on the device.

Weirdddd...

SilkyJohnson

Jul 17, 2014
See this doesn't make any sense to me either. Cannot sort by alpha, the screen timeout setting have changed, and also the AT&T Message backup feature is not on the device, and AT&T Contact sync is already enabled, along with a weird text message already on the device.

Weirdddd...
Do your settings look like this? You must have international firmware. I've thought this for days.

(Don't mind the theme)
uploadfromtaptalk1431581394133.png

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
Do your settings look like this? You must have international firmware. I've thought this for days.

(Don't mind the theme)
View attachment 3311904

Settings do look like that, and I know they are supposed to be in that style (the pivot/tabbed) style.

Its a weird ROM, as its almost completely AT&T stock, but isn't. Like it was hacked together to look AT&T, but someone didn't do a complete job. lol

Edit: Okay. Been flashing without the AT&T CSC all this time, and tried to flash with it and that makes a big difference. Should have known better. Using the CSC will definitely bring it to completely stock.

Last edited:

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
Settings do look like that, and I know they are supposed to be in that style (the pivot/tabbed) style.

Its a weird ROM, as its almost completely AT&T stock, but isn't. Like it was hacked together to look AT&T, but someone didn't do a complete job. lol

Edit: Okay. Been flashing without the AT&T CSC all this time, and tried to flash with it and that makes a big difference. Should have known better. Using the CSC will definitely bring it to completely stock.

So when I flashed the file through ODIN, I just flashed PDA. So you're saying I should also flash the CSC to make it 100% stock? Are you talking about the CSC that's included in the folder when you download the Odin tar files from OP or is this some other CSC file?

Last edited:

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
So when I flashed the file through ODIN, I just flashed PDA. So you're saying I should also flash the CSC to make it 100% stock? Are you talking about the CSC that's included in the folder when you download the Odin tar files from OP or is this some other CSC file?

Flash the CSC that was included. I guess its got specific directions or files that complete the ROM. Everything is perfect now. No weird issues or texts, I can sort alpha, etc.

Reactions: Cusa

bcn2003

Oct 14, 2012
Updates Not Available?

I flashed this PDA this morning, but now my phone is saying there's no OTA update available and i'm using the most recent software, although yesterday it was telling me I needed the update, but it wouldnt install because of the pingpong root.

Is there a reason why it's saying an update isnt available now?

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
I flashed this PDA this morning, but now my phone is saying there's no OTA update available and i'm using the most recent software, although yesterday it was telling me I needed the update, but it wouldnt install because of the pingpong root.

Is there a reason why it's saying an update isnt available now?

I had the same thing happen to me last night. I just factory reset and tried again (was not gonna wait 24 hours to try again) and it worked.

crea78

Jan 17, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Flash the CSC that was included. I guess its got specific directions or files that complete the ROM. Everything is perfect now. No weird issues or texts, I can sort alpha, etc.

Since all this is new to me... I know to flash the ROM using PDA with ODIN, but to flash the CSC, that file goes into its own tab as well. Do I flash the PDA first and then CSC? Also, when I extract the AT&T tar.zip file, which one is the CSC file since I doesn't specifically state which one it is.

When unpackaged, I see boot.img, cahce.img, cm.bin, modem.bin, param.bin, recovery.img, sboot.bin, system.img, and ZEROFLTE PIT file.

Last edited:

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
Since all this is new to me... I know to flash the ROM using PDA with ODIN, but to flash the CSC, that file goes into its own tab as well. Do I flash the PDA first and then CSC? Also, when I extract the AT&T tar.zip file, which one is the CSC file since I doesn't specifically state which one it is.

You should flash them both at once. So the big file in AP, and the CSC file in CSC. So two items should be checked, and you flash them both at the same time.

Top Liked Posts