Originally Posted by fosunite
What you guys might need is a command which should put your phone on usable state.
In this case of a bootloop into recovery you just need 6 steps.
1. Download the aroma file manager. It has a build in terminal console. Get this one here:
2. Place the zip file on anywhere you like. On external sd it s easier to find. Let s put it on the root of external sd.
3. In the recovery please flash that zip file from step 1
4. After aromafm has started, press menu->open console .
5. A console appeared. Type this command all at once:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc bs=1 count=1088
6. Confirm this command by pressing enter. You see something displayed about copied with 1,1 kb or something. That was its process. To reboot your phone type in the console:
And confirm this by pressing enter again.
Info1: be sure that you didnt cause this boot loop by applying the OTA update from LG software update. If u did, the only way is to flash back with kdz!
Info2: Also if you flashed something what has caused an error loki ifying it and then bootloop, dont panic, use the command and flash something else working.
This command is handy, so write it down on paper or memorize it:.
Info3: If you enter the recovery by using POWER+volume up , ofc u need to enter the mentioned command in step 5 afterwards:::. Else you ll get a bootloop to recovery again.
Info4: If you are using philz touch recovery and have the aromafm zip file: Rename this file to "aromafm.zip" and place this into your external SD card into the clockworkmod/aromafm/aromafm.zip This way you can doubletap your recovery screen in philz touch and start your aromafm in a faster way.
Sent from my LG-E986 using XDA Free mobile app