Jan 15, 2015
Toronto
bootloop

Hi all. I did the following:
downloaded the 2.8.6.1 img file
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp_tf700t_kang_2.8.6.1.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
pressed vol-up to boot recovery

I get the TWRP curtain for 10-15 seconds and then the tablet goes into a boot loop trying to boot the system. Can't get into recovery.

The system boot loop is from a failed upgrade to Zombi-POP 5.1.1 B1. Previously running an earlier version of Zombi-POP (ROM2SD, F2FS on data) without any problem. Previous version of TWRP was 2.8.4 -- no problems.

Any suggestions for getting out of this?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Hi all. I did the following:
downloaded the 2.8.6.1 img file
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp_tf700t_kang_2.8.6.1.img
pressed vol-up to boot recovery

I get the TWRP curtain for 10-15 seconds and then the tablet goes into a boot loop trying to boot the system. Can't get into recovery.

The system boot loop is from a failed upgrade to Zombi-POP 5.1.1 B1. Previously running an earlier version of Zombi-POP (ROM2SD, F2FS on data) without any problem. Previous version of TWRP was 2.8.4 -- no problems.

Any suggestions for getting out of this?

No idea what has gone wrong here...

What bootloader version are you running ?

Thx Josh

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
From the fastboot screen:
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by "WW_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801" A03

Thanks for your help Josh.

Well It could have been a bad download ? Did you check the md5 ?

Or maybe you have a corrupt /data partition ?

So maybe like this ......

Code:
fastboot erase recovery

Verifiy the md5 of the recovery .....

Code:
fastboot reboot-bootoader

Code:
fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Code:

VOL up in RCK to enter recovery ......

Let me know .....

Thx Josh

Reactions: sziggins

mlinfoot

Jan 15, 2015
Toronto
Well It could have been a bad download ? Did you check the md5 ?

Or maybe you have a corrupt /data partition ?

MD5 was okay, so I erased the /data partition as you suggested, but ended up back in the bootloop. At this point I wondered if maybe the microSD card was corrupt and took it out. Viola -- back into recovery (yours), flashed the Zombi-POP ROM, and installed to internal. Out of the woods!

Now, to verify the microSD and repartition if necessary, and start again with a ROM2SD install.

Thanks for your help and all the great work you do.

mlinfoot

Jan 15, 2015
Toronto
Something strange going on here...

The microSD card seems fine. Gparted on my Linux laptop shows the 3 partitions, I can browse files, no errors of any kind. I can even successfully install Zombi-POP using ROM2SD. BUT whenever the card is present, booting either into recovery or system goes into a bootloop. Even stranger, taking the card out during the bootloop lets things proceed normally. That is, if I was trying to boot into recovery, removing the card during the bootloop takes it to TWRP. Likewise, attempting a normal boot, removing the card allows it to boot into Zombi-POP.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

The microSD card seems fine. Gparted on my Linux laptop shows the 3 partitions, I can browse files, no errors of any kind. I can even successfully install Zombi-POP using ROM2SD. BUT whenever the card is present, booting either into recovery or system goes into a bootloop. Even stranger, taking the card out during the bootloop lets things proceed normally. That is, if I was trying to boot into recovery, removing the card during the bootloop takes it to TWRP. Likewise, attempting a normal boot, removing the card allows it to boot into Zombi-POP.

Any ideas?

Final update: Reformatted all 3 partitions and everything working as expected now.

Reactions: lj50036

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
MD5 was okay, so I erased the /data partition as you suggested, but ended up back in the bootloop. At this point I wondered if maybe the microSD card was corrupt and took it out. Viola -- back into recovery (yours), flashed the Zombi-POP ROM, and installed to internal. Out of the woods!

Now, to verify the microSD and repartition if necessary, and start again with a ROM2SD install.

Thanks for your help and all the great work you do.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Final update: Reformatted all 3 partitions and everything working as expected now.

Great to see you got up and running ..... :good:

Let us know if you have anymore issue along the way ......

Thx Josh

Kraka

Sep 23, 2012

Jbb3393

Jul 25, 2009
HTC U11
Released in the future!! ?? (June 21) haven't flashed it yet, but thanks for keeping us up to date and keeping the flashable version for us all that don't want to take the two minutes to connect to a PC.

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Released in the future!! ?? (June 21) haven't flashed it yet, but thanks for keeping us up to date and keeping the flashable version for us all that don't want to take the two minutes to connect to a PC.

@lj50036 is a cybernetic organism that comes from the future to protect the world from being ended with proprietary software.

momosala

Apr 28, 2015
Please,
I love the Theme of TWRP 2.8.6.5 version by @z31s1g.
What is its name and where can I find it, cause I would like to use it with the last TWRP 2.8.7.0 version.
Thank you for your work.:good:

Top Liked Posts