FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,110

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 8th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th May 2015, 01:57 PM |#991  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Need CF AUTO ROOT FILE FOR MY S3 NEO ( GT-I9300I)
Please Sir... I also need Cf Auto Root file for my phone . Hope it will be available soon . Attached the recovery.img to post.
I extracted the recovery.img from Stock Rom .tar.md5 file with the help of 7zip extractor, hope I didn't do anything wrong.

My Phone Info:
Model : S3 Neo (GT-I9300I)
Device Type : s3ve3gdd
CSC code : INS (India)
Hardware/Board : qcom/MSM8226
Build Number : KTU84P. I9300IDDUBOC1
Android Version : 4.4.4
Attached Files
File Type: zip Recovery File Inside.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.38 MB, 68 views)
24th May 2015, 07:00 PM |#992  
Thanks Meter: 392

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir Hackers

Please Sir... I also need Cf Auto Root file for my phone . Hope it will be available soon . Attached the recovery.img to post.
I extracted the recovery.img from Stock Rom .tar.md5 file with the help of 7zip extractor, hope I didn't do anything wrong.

My Phone Info:
Model : S3 Neo (GT-I9300I)
Device Type : s3ve3gdd
CSC code : INS (India)
Hardware/Board : qcom/MSM8226
Build Number : KTU84P. I9300IDDUBOC1
Android Version : 4.4.4

If you did what is commonly advised in sticky notes for xda-forum:
READ AT LEAST OPENING POST
You would have found that phone in the table at CF-Auto-root homepage.

No personal intention by this may observed as a grumpy hint. Thanks not expected. Forum isn't a help desk - there's a search button attached to help find information.
The Following User Says Thank You to O-T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O-T Ad-Free
24th May 2015, 10:31 PM |#993  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-T

No personal intention by this may observed as a grumpy hint. Thanks not expected. Forum isn't a help desk - there's a search button attached to help find information.

I'm tired of getting alerts to my phone about people begging for roots. Is that what this forum is for?
The Following User Says Thank You to johns86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johns86 Ad-Free
24th May 2015, 11:41 PM |#994  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag IHB
Thanks Meter: 4,827

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns86

I'm tired of getting alerts to my phone about people begging for roots. Is that what this forum is for?

So why don't you just unsub from the thread instead of making an even more useless post?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShinySide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShinySide Ad-Free
25th May 2015, 12:04 AM |#995  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Touche.

However I'd rather stay subbed to a thread in which I've used their root on my phone. Id just like to see something done about the bull**** that keeps filling it.
25th May 2015, 04:57 AM |#996  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks for the Advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-T

I did search the Cf Auto Root homepage before posting here and yes my phone is listed in the table but that is for old firmware NH3 and currently I am on latest release of firmware for my phone OC1. In fact I searched SamMobile for NH3 firmware before posting here but unfortunately it is not there.
25th May 2015, 05:15 AM |#997  
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I cant root my G920i... everytime i flash the md5 file it turn on but never pass the samsung splash logo
25th May 2015, 10:25 AM |#998  
Flag Gandhidham
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

CF-Auto-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. In essence, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access.

This thread serves as a central discussion and request thread for CF-Auto-Root. If you have questions about a specific CF-Auto-Root binary for a specific device, please go the relevant thread listed on the CF-Auto-Root homepage.

Donate
CF-Root and CF-Auto-Root have been available for many devices (over 50 different models !) and have clocked over 9 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that include CF-Root (non-Auto) kernels. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every user had donated me $1...

What's installed
- SuperSU binary and APK
- Stock recovery (note that any other recovery you may have installed will be overwritten !)

What's the difference between CF-Auto-Root and CF-Root, and/or other root solutions ?
CF-Root (non-Auto) are manually built rooted kernels and/or flashables that usually provide more than "just root". CF-Auto-Root is built on an automated system that I am constantly improving that takes a stock recovery image and returns an automated rooting packages. These packages are designed to install and enable SuperSU on your device, so apps can gain root access, and nothing more.

The difference with many other rooting solutions is that those will often install a custom recovery for you (I am personally moving away from custom kernels and recoveries, for various reasons), while with CF-Auto-Root you will end up with a stock recovery again.

Not included - custom recovery
A custom recovery like CWM or TWRP is not included.

Not included - Triangle Away
Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

I hav bought a mi4i, it has been a month and still no rooting method is available and it appears impossible to root the phone, it uses a mi recovey and I want just to root it. I had created a insecure boot but when I boot he phone the usb debugging didnt worked so cant gain root. I can provide my recovery but is it possible to create cf root image with a mi recovey.... Thanks in advance
25th May 2015, 10:37 AM |#999  
Flag Puddingtown
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Xcover 3 SM-G388F
may i kindly ask for fire ?

Samsung Xcover 3

SM-G388F
Android 4.4.4
G388FXXU1AOD4

attached: recovery.img
full link to firmware: here

thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: rar recovery.part1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.00 MB, 722 views)
File Type: rar recovery.part2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.00 MB, 550 views)
File Type: rar recovery.part3.rar - [Click for QR Code] (292.7 KB, 500 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to switcher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift switcher Ad-Free
25th May 2015, 12:02 PM |#1000  
Thanks Meter: 392

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir Hackers

I did search the Cf Auto Root homepage before posting here and yes my phone is listed in the table but that is for old firmware NH3 and currently I am on latest release of firmware for my phone OC1. In fact I searched SamMobile for NH3 firmware before posting here but unfortunately it is not there.

Took about 5min to find
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=60317699

Phone or chipset match is almost all that's needed.
Like everyone successfully install PhilZ, CWM and TWRP recovery built on older source.
The Following User Says Thank You to O-T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O-T Ad-Free
25th May 2015, 12:54 PM |#1001  
Flag Arak
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-T

Took about 5min to find
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=60317699

Phone or chipset match is all that's needed.
Like everyone successfully install PhilZ, CWM and TWRP recovery built on older source.

buddy can I ask if I got your point right?
my phone is g900fd and has same chipset that g900f does,is it possible I use Lollipop CF auto root file released for g900f ?

thanks buddy
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread