[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies OpenDesireProject

Search This thread

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
With CM-12.1-20150518 I still faced stock browser problem on other mirrors, ODP download is not a problem though. Thanks.

Actually I have a feeling that it looks like when getting through many sub directories before downloading file, it lost memory or buffer to get through that layer, it turns back to original site. ODP download is not that complicated as other three mirrors which includes many ads as well. So I could download from ODP without any problem, but on other mirrors when gets to nightly sub directory it turns back to download origin. This fault phenomenon is also happen on CM-20150518 as well. Thanks.

Reactions: Lapyyyyyy

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
cm-12.1-20150518 seems to be more laggy than before :( some memory leak :confused: Just lost a phone call now, it was with in "sleep mode"? (left alone with screen turned off) when I got the call, it started vibrating but the screen did not turn on, I pressed the power to try to force it to turn on, but nothing, had to remove the battery to get it to work again... The call was not kept in history, so double bummer...

Reactions: vojtah1

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
Everytime I open a link on facebook, it starts the facebook browser, I can move up and down the webpage and a few seconds latter it crashes and goes back to the news feed.

Now (cm-12.1-20150524) it "doesn't crash", it shows the ANR dialog and after I close it, it goes back to the news feed (seems to reload the app). Logcat: http://logcat.scheffsblend.com/view?id=8189001

Attached you can find traces.txt copied from /data/anr/traces.txt

Attachments

• traces.txt
    446.1 KB · Views: 10

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
I started Minion Rush, when the intro movie starts I put the mobile in the horizontal and everything stops... This time I pressed home and it worked. Sometimes I have to remove the battery or it will be like that forever...

Now, it doesn't even start the video :( It launched, download some update, then stalled... After a while I pressed home and got ANR and was able to kill it... Better than having to remove the battery :p

Logcat: http://logcat.scheffsblend.com/view?id=4019001

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Youtube on Chome makes sound "hickups"... Sound is always stopping/starting...

Tried on the new build and noticed that after moving the page so that the video is hidden, there are no "hickups", so it's the video rendering that is stalling everything...

Logcat: http://logcat.scheffsblend.com/view?id=4769001

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
Hi guys, how's development going? Seems a bit slow now :(

Was just wondering if my previous logcats are useful? Or applications crashes "don't matter" (in the sense you'll only look into OS features - i.e. wifi, calls, sensors...)?

Keep up the great work :good:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org

Was just wondering if my previous logcats are useful? Or applications crashes "don't matter" (in the sense you'll only look into OS features - i.e. wifi, calls, sensors...)?

I'm quite busy in my life right now and will likely be so for a while. I can't say anything for the others because we don't really work that tightly together - people just do things they want to do when they want to do them. I'm personally mainly interested in fixing WebView / RenderThread crash for the time being but it's not progressing very fast due to the aforementioned life situation among other things. I'm not making a stress source out of this project though so things progress at their own pace like it has been the past 3 years I've been involved with ace community. I'm sorry for any possible misunderstandings if this hasn't been clear.

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I'm quite busy in my life right now and will likely be so for a while. I can't say anything for the others because we don't really work that tightly together - people just do things they want to do when they want to do them. I'm personally mainly interested in fixing WebView / RenderThread crash for the time being but it's not progressing very fast due to the aforementioned life situation among other things. I'm not making a stress source out of this project though so things progress at their own pace like it has been the past 3 years I've been involved with ace community. I'm sorry for any possible misunderstandings if this hasn't been clear.
This community is just one part of your life, it is not actually your real life. So this part you could be able to easily get away, however, with your real life, you would not be able to easily get away because it is your real world. With another family member, little cube baby, it would be both some time joy and fun, however, some time it would be another headache as well. So that is life, enjoy your real life.

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
USB Tethering

Anyone tried USB Tethering (Internet access through USB cable) :confused: Can someone please check if it works?

I have developers option enabled (not sure if needed), then I open Settings, select ... More, Tethering & portable hotspot and then enabled the USB tethering. I'm on Windows 7 at work, account with admin permissions. I get a new network created without internet access (the "real" network shows it has internet access). And then I cannot access internet through the PC (nor the mobile)...

Any suggestions?!

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Anyone tried USB Tethering (Internet access through USB cable) :confused: Can someone please check if it works?

I have developers option enabled (not sure if needed), then I open Settings, select ... More, Tethering & portable hotspot and then enabled the USB tethering. I'm on Windows 7 at work, account with admin permissions. I get a new network created without internet access (the "real" network shows it has internet access). And then I cannot access internet through the PC (nor the mobile)...

Any suggestions?!
I have never tried internet pass through. However, I normally use wifi hotspot and it had been working fine for some time, so far I am not using PC with mobile wifi hotspot regularly. So I would suggest trying on wifi hotspot instead of usb tethering it is more easier since set it up.

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
So I would suggest trying on wifi hotspot instead of usb tethering it is more easier since set it up.

They solve different problems :rolleyes:

wifi hotspot = mobile has internet connection by itself and shares it (by being a wifi hotspot)

USB Tethering (internet pass through?) = mobile has no internet connection by itself and gets it through the usb cable (connected to the PC that will share it's internet connection)

Reactions: kchaisu

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

wifi hotspot = mobile has internet connection by itself and shares it (by being a wifi hotspot)

USB Tethering (internet pass through?) = mobile has no internet connection by itself and gets it through the usb cable (connected to the PC that will share it's internet connection)
What I am trying to say is if someone needs internet connection and other options do not work, this is the option available. Thanks.

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011

Never tried that on an AOSP ROM, but when tested this on a Sense ROM long time ago my PC needed additional drivers provided by the HTC Suite (surely will not help for pure Android system).

Still there are third party solutions reported to work - search the Play Store or the XDA forums for apps offering "Reverse Tethering" - this is what you need.

Good luck!

EDIT: just to add that your descriptions is not what USB Tethering does. Actually it is a wired alternative of the WiFi hotspot feature, so still the mobile device is the source of the Internet connectivity not the PC.

Last edited:

SKENER

Feb 17, 2014
Mostar
After long time I flashed lastest cm-12.1-20150605-UNOFFICIAL-saga and GAPPS gapps-511-base-20150605-1-signed with latest TWRP and everything went fine on my S-OFF saga. Because I don't use it anymore I didn't put sim card in. But got one problem.
WiFi can't find my home WiFi router. It list all other around me but not my own router.I have 2 other phones and both work fine.I had wifi on previous cm11 and cm10.
Any solution?
Already tried reboot.Everything same.

I found what cause problem.My router was working with auto channel and it was 13. I changed to 5 and now I see and connect to wifi.

Last edited:
Reactions: fouzyo

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Hi Kylon, I am wondering if you are aware of TK Apps by TKruzze for only LP 5.1 which is a continuous from PA Gapps. Thanks.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk
What's wrong with current recommended gapps? Minimal packages are likely more or less the same because they only contain stuff that is required to make Google services to work and we can't really use larger bundles due to limited storage space.

Reactions: Lapyyyyyy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM12.1 Lollipop Nightlies brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM 11.0 and 12.0 builds. Builds are generated automatically on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun. Process starts around 00:30 PST/PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • Mustaavalkosta
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.8
    • Branch: cm-12.1
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: saga_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:

Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Or I'm having other recovery issues.
    A: Download and install the latest recovery here.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: Hey, my old phone is running the latest Android version, i want to thank someone!
    A: Press thanks button here

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM12.1 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.

Code:
    mkdir cm12.1
    cd cm12.1/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-12.1
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-12.1/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml
    repo sync
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_saga-userdebug
    mka bacon

Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/saga/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies, ROM for the HTC Desire S

Contributors
    kylon, Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl, Phantom Shadow
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Twrp 2.8.7.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-02
    Last Updated 2017-01-04

Our server is now upgraded to the next level. I emptied whatever donations I had received earlier and recently from saga users and in addition to upgrading the server I renewed it for another 3 months so it's now paid until 29/02/2016. I also renewed opendesireproject.org domain for another year from earlier donations sitting on my account and domain is now valid until 30/11/2016. Thanks for the contributions that will enable us to provide a bit better UX for everyone! :)

I'm in the process of uploading more of saga builds to dl.opendesireproject.org. Tomorrow's 12.1 build should have OTA app included so you can receive notifications of new builds, download them and even flash them with it (S-ON users still need to flash boot.img manually, there's nothing I can do about that). If 12.1 OTAs prove to be working ok, I'll probably extend this support to 12.0 builds too in the near future.

Edit: Warning: OTA flashing doesn't create backups before flashing. Keep this in mind especially with nightlies that can break whenever without warning.
    Is it theoretically possible to use the open source freedreno drivers? They support OpenGL ES 2.0 on Adreno 205. If so, they might resolve some graphical issues (if there are any left while using the new adreno blobs).
    Yeah, I guess it's possible but if we ask whether it's possible that I can make them work, that's a completely different story. :)

ps. I just heard back from Lapyyyyyy about cm-13.0 and apparently saga isn't worse than ace at this point which is nice. Maybe public nightlies will appear in the coming weeks.
    Freedreno is not a good idea.
    It will probably add more issues and glitches.
    Also, it does not fully support android phones and you need to write or edit the panel driver (maybe some other files) to work with it.