3,419 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,851

By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 15th January 2013, 05:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2015, 12:52 AM |#531  
Flag originally from London
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hmmm, the kf2 forums seem a little dead, surely there's still some activity going on in here?

Anyway, I cleaned up my pants and got back to work on my kf2, I managed to back up the tablet as it was as although it was unstable it would boot after a couple of attempts and gave me a way to keep it charged and transfer files if I needed.

I shoved the cm11 zip on the internal storage,rebooted to recovery and held my breath lol.

Flashed cm11 and nano gapps and the tablet was booting propper android and super stable!

I am more than relieved!

28th March 2015, 08:55 PM |#532  
Flag Manasquan
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_htc_wizard

Hmmm, the kf2 forums seem a little dead, surely there's still some activity going on in here?

Anyway, I cleaned up my pants and got back to work on my kf2, I managed to back up the tablet as it was as although it was unstable it would boot after a couple of attempts and gave me a way to keep it charged and transfer files if I needed.

I shoved the cm11 zip on the internal storage,rebooted to recovery and held my breath lol.

Flashed cm11 and nano gapps and the tablet was booting propper android and super stable!

I am more than relieved!

I can't boot TWRP recovery. I cycled through to boot recovery at the blue logo and it just boots forever.
Booting system is fine.
5th April 2015, 11:56 PM |#533  
Flag originally from London
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchieo

I can't boot TWRP recovery. I cycled through to boot recovery at the blue logo and it just boots forever.
Booting system is fine.

Have you tried re-flashing twrp? I had all sorts of problems initially and it refused to boot things but would boot after I flashed again and then the problems returned after a restart and I had to repeat the process over again but eventually it stopped giving me grief and I flashed the o.s with a zip and my kindle has been a super stable propper tablet since.
26th May 2015, 02:46 AM |#534  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
does anyone have a mirror of the files?
30th May 2015, 02:59 AM |#535  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShides

does anyone have a mirror of the files?

Yes I do. Check md5 as I'm not sure that when you download them they'lll be complete!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5od...t_and_Recovery

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to parker.stephens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parker.stephens Ad-Free
30th May 2015, 03:12 AM |#536  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker.stephens

Yes I do. Check md5 as I'm not sure that when you download them they'lll be complete!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5od...t_and_Recovery

These files did work for me thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrShides For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrShides Ad-Free
11th July 2015, 12:36 AM |#538  
Flag Arlington Heights Il
Thanks Meter: 6

More
No matter what i do with these files i cant get my kindle fire 2 to boot past the logo screen. all it does is bootloop. What can i do? its very frustrating since pretty much all of the threads have been closed down or not updated or the links are dead.
14th July 2015, 07:28 AM |#539  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Reset boot mode
23rd December 2015, 06:17 AM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

Would this work on System version 10.5.1? i saw in a q&a that it looks like i need to downgrade? can i do that at this point?

Actually, I was able to get the 2nd bootloader and everything to get CM 10.2 on my Kindle Fire 2(012) [basic version--speakers, 3.5mm jack, and power button and nothing else] running 10.5.1.

I rooted by using the browser and going to kingroot.net and downloading the app from there. It's a simple/auto-root thing so you just have to tap, tap, tap and it does it all for you. After rooting I was able to reboot into fastboot just fine. Followed the rest of this thread and luckily found a working mirror to download all the files Hashcode originally provided off an xda user--I don't remember who it was but maybe it was in this long thread? Or the "continued" discussion one? (Needless to say, the original download links don't work anymore).

NOTE: I wasn't able to install the latest CM (which is CM-11) off get.cm for Kindle Fire 2 (otter2). TWRP bootloader had some issue executing binary file within the .zip so yeah. 10.2 with appropriate GAPPS (old version, scroll down toward the bottom on the GAPPS download page) works fine and I'm running it now. You might have to install a newer version of TWRP in order to get CM 11 working instead of the one used in this original "HOW TO." Some bugs like Kindle app not working off the Play Store and being unable to unlink/sign out of my Google account but otherwise seems okay.

NOTE 2: It's nice to have it rooted and running a custom ROM for more versatility and customization, but Kindle's hardware is what it is--mediocre and/or slow. So, not an amazing improvement to the point where I'd use it everyday. At the end of it all, this felt more like just a project to see if I could--doesn't add any fundamental usability to me. Hope this was helpful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)