Hardware button boot into Recovery with TWRP

• Thread starter Deleted member 5103593
  • Start date
Search This thread

askfriends

Dec 29, 2014
Karachi
sorry if this post is redundant, but the methods i've seen haven't worked, so i can't be alone. Here is how to boot into twrp if your phone is boot looping/soft bricked. (info pulled from here, of all places.)

1. Make sure phone is completely powered down.
2. Press and hold the volume down button and the power button.
3. When the lg logo is displayed release the power button only then immediately press and hold the power button again.
4. Release both buttons when the factory hard reset screen displays.
5. Press the power button three times, like it says. even though it says it will delete everything, it won't (i can confirm that if you are at least on v2.6.3.2).
6. After a "factory reset processing" appears, you should get the twrp flash screen, and you are good to go.

Hope this helps someone besides currently frustrated me.

this does not work, i have lg g2 f320l.
When i press power button again it only reboots and lg logo appears

Myster

Jun 18, 2007
Lakeside
I Have been trying for 3 hours every possible combinarion WTF!! nothing works . I had to go to download mode and reflash KDZ original ROM
Now phone works , i can boot to recovery through an app , still no HardKey Combo. The benefit is to be able to boot to TWRP when phone doesn't boot
I am on 802 with latest D80220H ROM and latest Recovery TWRP 2.8.6.1 recovery
Any other ideas appreciated

stam27

Sep 29, 2012
I found going into download mode, then reboot, then vol+ & power button to factory reset screen works

scottyd035ntknow

Dec 8, 2010
Install autorec for your version of the G2. Download the app Quick Boot, it is a lightning bolt on a purple arrow/circle. Run Quick Boot and select recovery. Done, stick a fork in it.

Reactions: iap114

jeezitsryan

Jul 24, 2015
The way that let me get into custom recovery is different.
I hold 'vol up+power+vol down' to start from turned off state and keep holding it[Don't leave just keep holding the 3 buttons]. It doesn't show factory reset screen, it get me into TWRP[Custom Rom] directly. I heard 3 buttons gets u in safe mode IDK but I got into proper working TWRP.

Man you gave me hope. I'm stuck in a bootloop in LG logo with Vol down + Power button not working. Your trick made me go! Currently restoring back up after bricking my phone due to flashing cloudy 3.3 :D

Reactions: toybxb

Dreadllokz

Apr 15, 2013
Sao Paulo
This one worked for me... Rooted 20h with TWRP on D805.

press and hold
PWR

till device shuts down

wait 10 seconds to make sure its powered off

press and hold
VOL- & PWR

when LG logo shows up release the buttons and imediatly

press and hold
VOL- & VOL+

This combination took me to factory reset, accepting it took me to TWRP

=D

mathurmatt

May 2, 2013
Delhi
I Have been trying for 3 hours every possible combinarion WTF!! nothing works . I had to go to download mode and reflash KDZ original ROM
Now phone works , i can boot to recovery through an app , still no HardKey Combo. The benefit is to be able to boot to TWRP when phone doesn't boot
I am on 802 with latest D80220H ROM and latest Recovery TWRP 2.8.6.1 recovery
Any other ideas appreciated
have the exact same problem ..................thing is i don't have data backup so i cannot reflash the KDZ have you found any other method.

ozdenor

Jan 12, 2013
istanbul
If you are on 20H bootloader
Since the phone turned off, press power + vol down, release as soon as the logo appears and then hold vol down + vol up

Thank you so much. I was stuck at LG logo and could not boot into recovery. I have applied your solution and worked perfect.:fingers-crossed:

Cacceli

Feb 28, 2011

press and hold
PWR

till device shuts down

press and hold
VOL- & PWR

press and hold
VOL- & VOL+

=D

Thank you much, working for me! Model: D802

deezid

Jun 26, 2010
Viersen
Tried it.
Asks for doing a factory reset.
TWRP splashscreen appears.
Executes a format script
Deletes all data
Reboot

What am I doing wrong

suiller

Jul 23, 2008
Turin (Piedmont)
ficca.bounceme.net

press and hold
PWR

till device shuts down

press and hold
VOL- & PWR

press and hold
VOL- & VOL+

=D

excellent... this is the only way that worked with my roooted D802 with latest twrp (3.0.4)

zarolio

Feb 7, 2010
Athens
I had the same problem on Lg G3 s (d722). It turns out that if you follow your instructions and select factory reset it opens in twrp recovery.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5103593
    Sorry if this post is redundant, but the methods I've seen haven't worked, so I can't be alone. Here is how to boot into TWRP if your phone is boot looping/soft bricked. (info pulled from here, of all places.)

1. Make sure phone is completely powered down.
    2. Press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button.
    3. When the LG logo is displayed release the Power button only then immediately press and hold the Power button again.
    4. Release both buttons when the Factory Hard Reset screen displays.
    5. Press the power button three times, like it says. Even though it says it will delete everything, it won't (I can confirm that if you are at least on v2.6.3.2).
    6. After a "factory reset processing" appears, you should get the TWRP flash screen, and you are good to go.

Hope this helps someone besides currently frustrated me.

press and hold
    PWR

till device shuts down

press and hold
    VOL- & PWR

press and hold
    VOL- & VOL+

=D
    If you are on 20H bootloader
    Since the phone turned off, press power + vol down, release as soon as the logo appears and then hold vol down + vol up
    Hardware Button Combo to reboot into Recovery on LG G2 F320L

Power off the Phone. Press and hold Vol UP + Power button till some Korean Text appears then release the buttons. You will be directly taken into Recovery. :)
    Another way to get to Custom Recovery

steps to enter recovery that worked for my Sprint LG G2 on ZVC firmware.
    1) hold power and volume down button till you see LG logo -- quickly release these buttons and
    2) immediately hold power and volume up buttons to enter into factory reset menu.
    Then 3 presses of power key to confirm wipe and enter TWRP recovery. :good:

I was going mad trying to enter recovery for an hour. It appears like different models/software versions have different key combinations for entering recovery mode.

My phone was stuck at lg logo screen and i didnt have nandroid backup of the phone. so couldn't try the TOT restore method too as i waned my phone data.

The way that let me get into custom recovery is different.
    I hold 'vol up+power+vol down' to start from turned off state and keep holding it[Don't leave just keep holding the 3 buttons]. It doesn't show factory reset screen, it get me into TWRP[Custom Rom] directly. I heard 3 buttons gets u in safe mode IDK but I got into proper working TWRP.