FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

Very Easy

96 Vote(s)
31.58%
Somewhat Easy

50 Vote(s)
16.45%
Easy

77 Vote(s)
25.33%
Difficult

35 Vote(s)
11.51%
Somewhat Difficult

18 Vote(s)
5.92%
Very Difficult

28 Vote(s)
9.21%

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

2,637 posts
Thanks Meter: 992

Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2015, 09:11 PM |#3551  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well thanks...

but i fear Kinology have GAAPS Problems right now?

Ah ****.. id like Kinology... its so... well Ebook friendly for me. but ty... i will tray it again, else i need CM if Kinology not good with GAAPS

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerpark1

Well thanks...

Ah ****.. id like Kinology... its so... well Ebook friendly for me. but ty... i will tray it again, else i need CM if Kinology not good with GAAPS

Additional:

How do i root again at easiest way? :P

12th May 2015, 10:21 PM |#3552  
Flag Gainesville
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerpark1

Well thanks...

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Additional:

How do i root again at easiest way? :P

Good afternoon: I do see on the Kinology posts that there seem to be lots of Gapps crashes now using Kinology.
Remember that most of the Kinology installs are on Kindle 4.0 or 4.1 ICS and perhaps the gapps stuff is now in need of a Kindle OS update.
The problem is that the latest update for Kinology is still based on Kindle OS 7.4.8.

Just about any root kit will work and I like root_with_restore_by_bin4r_v31.
Might be a good link?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
Regards
12th May 2015, 11:01 PM |#3553  

More
Well, i Fear that then CM will be a good thing ****

Well.. i rootet another way, because.. Kindle updatet on newest version and killed the first root
17th May 2015, 07:11 PM |#3554  

More
Smile
Can anyone help me? I'm new to this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...7#post60698849
18th May 2015, 03:35 AM |#3555  
Thanks Meter: 554

More
You just need this to start

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34571114

This assumes you have the right device
Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Free mobile app
18th May 2015, 03:46 AM |#3556  
Flag Gainesville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhigh

You just need this to start

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34571114

This assumes you have the right device
Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Free mobile app

Good evening: If you have the larger 8.9' Kindle fire, I agree, the above post referral is the correct restore tool.

keep in mind that to get into fastboot, you need to have all the ADB /fastboot tools working on your PC.
You need to type fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product at the dos prompt.
The prompt will tell you "waiting for device"
Plug the tablet (turned off) into the PC using the USB cable.
The tablet will turn on and go into fastboot (Yellow fastboot flsshing logo).

Once in fastboot, you can then use the referenced SRT tool to fully restore your tablet to woking mode.

If you just try to use the tool itself, your tablet may not and probably will not go into fastboot.
This is why you should put the tablet into fastboot mode manually using the [ fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product ]command

If you have any questions, please ask to save a lot of trouble.....
Regards
19th May 2015, 04:56 AM |#3557  

More
Question
Hi, Thanks to both of you for your help. What do you mean "all the ADB /fastboot tools"? I downloaded KFHD_SRTv2.1- 8.1.4 from that link. Do I need more tools?

Attached is my kindle. Is this the right Gen kindle for this tool?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150512_140728.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	3320391  
20th May 2015, 12:13 AM |#3558  
Flag Gainesville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorz

Hi, Thanks to both of you for your help. What do you mean "all the ADB /fastboot tools"? I downloaded KFHD_SRTv2.1- 8.1.4 from that link. Do I need more tools?

Attached is my kindle. Is this the right Gen kindle for this tool?

Good evening: There is no way to differentiate between the 7' and 8.9 inch tablet because they physically look the same.
You do have a 2012 tablet for which the SRT tools were designed for.

If you tablet is about the size of an 8-1/2 inch sheet of paper or (10" X 7"), you have an 8.9 inch tablet and the 8.1.4 tool is a good one.
If your tablet is smaller (about 6" X 8") then you have the 7" tablet and you need the 7.2.3 version of SRT.

None of the tool software will work unless, you can issue fastboot commands from your PC.
The SRT tool folder contains the fastboot executable so, in theory, if you move your command prompt to be in the same folder as fastboot.exe, you can use the tool.
Thus, you do not need more tools but, rather, you need to be able to use the SRT tool commands.

I indicated, you need to get the tablet into fastboot by issuing the command I listed at the command prompt where you have the fastboot.exe file located (In the SRT folder-wherever it is):

(with you tablet off and not connected to the PC
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
The response will be "waiting for device"
If you see, "waiting for device", you are all set and can proceed.
If not, you need to get your command prompt window into the SRT folder where fastboot.exe is located.
Plug the tablet into the PC USB port.
Your tablet will boot up into fastboot.

You are then ready to use the SRT tool to restore to a working Kindle OS version.

Thus, the first step is to let us know if you can get your tablet into fastboot and whether you have a 7" or 8.9" tablet.
The above method only works on the 8.9. The 7" needs a special fastboot cable.

Regards
5th June 2015, 11:20 AM |#3559  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi Guys,

I have been reading through all the various threads about restoring my Kindle Fire 2nd gen device to the stock OS (restoring from TWRP and CM11) but despite my best efforts i am unable to get past the Red Triangle screen. I have tried manually flashing the img's needed and also using First Aide kit. I have downloaded the files from 2 different source so i confident that the files are ok. The first aide utility is work as i get successful message from the tool but i still cannot get the device to boot.

Any suggestions on what to try next? Oh and i do have a factory cable and can get into Fastboot and my PC recognises the device fine.

Lee
5th June 2015, 03:55 PM |#3560  
Flag Gainesville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigguss

Hi Guys,

I have been reading through all the various threads about restoring my Kindle Fire 2nd gen device to the stock OS (restoring from TWRP and CM11) but despite my best efforts i am unable to get past the Red Triangle screen. I have tried manually flashing the img's needed and also using First Aide kit. I have downloaded the files from 2 different source so i confident that the files are ok. The first aide utility is work as i get successful message from the tool but i still cannot get the device to boot.

Any suggestions on what to try next? Oh and i do have a factory cable and can get into Fastboot and my PC recognises the device fine.

Lee

Good morning: Two comments:
1: The easiest method to revert back to the KIndle OS is to simply transfer any Kindle update for your tablet from the Amazon website to your tablet sdcard and change the suffix from . bin to .zip. You then boot into TWRP recovery and click "swipe to wipe system" and then click "install" and choose the update.zip file and, "Swipe to install". The TWRP recovery OS will completely replace all you have with the Amazon Kindle update and you are taken to reboot system. Do not say yes to replacing the missing root SU and you are back to the full Kindle OS. This method works every time and I have used this method over and over with no failures.
2: In your case, method 1 is not an option since you now have a red screen. You need to download one of the SRT packages appropriate for your tablet (You did not say if you have the 2nd gen Non-HD, the 7" HD or the 8.9 HD tablet). If you boot into fastboot with a fastboot cable (7" HD) or using the fastboot commands (8.9 HD), you can then flash the boot, recovery, and system images and you will be back in business.

Here is one of the SRT links (for the 7" HD Tate Kindle Fire)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to galearned For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galearned Ad-Free
5th June 2015, 06:05 PM |#3561  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi
Thanks very much for your reply, make me think i might be able to recover the apparent lost cause.

The tablet is a Fire 2 gen or otter2

Are there SRT images available for this tablet?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)