FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2/Win/RPi][v1.6.4] SoundSeeder - Multi-Speaker Music Player (June.5th)

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 158

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: V1.6.4 released
30th May 2015, 03:26 PM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am having problems with the Java speaker on laptop.
well it works at start for 4 seconds then it like starts bugging, even after I close the cmd it keeps bugging like that for like 20 seconds then stop. sample: picosong.com/jNEq/
well it got better after using mono instead of stereo on my pc, but it still starts bugging after a minute or two.

one more question, am I able to use this app to send audio from other music players to my computer ? if so how ?

31st May 2015, 06:30 PM |#332  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo2doo2

I am having problems with the Java speaker on laptop.
well it works at start for 4 seconds then it like starts bugging, even after I close the cmd it keeps bugging like that for like 20 seconds then stop. sample: picosong.com/jNEq/
well it got better after using mono instead of stereo on my pc, but it still starts bugging after a minute or two.

one more question, am I able to use this app to send audio from other music players to my computer ? if so how ?

Can you tell me some details about your laptop?
Which windows / java versions are you using? Onboard soundcard or usb sound?
And please start the speaker in debug mode (argument "-d") and check the output. Anything suspicious?

And no, at the moment you can only stream music, that is played in soundseeder. The next update will bring back google music support, but external apps will not be supported in the next time.
7th June 2015, 11:17 PM |#333  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
SoundSeeder v1.4 - Google Music support
Here is SoundSeeder v1.4 with fully integrated Google Music support.
You can now import your online library into SoundSeeder and select Google Music tracks the same way like locally stored files.

Google Music support

If you want to use the old (cast to SoundSeeder) feature with the Google Music Player 5.5, please don't update SoundSeeder to v1.4.

SoundSeeder now supports 4 different media sources:
- Locally stored music files
- Online Radio Stations
- Upnp/dlna network storages
- Google Music

Also new in v1.4:
- Turkish localization added
- Improved usability (UI and menus)
- Lots of minor bugs fixed

All links and more infos are available in the opening post.
Please let me know what you think about the new features!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
8th June 2015, 09:29 AM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

Here is SoundSeeder v1.4 with fully integrated Google Music support.
You can now import you online library into SoundSeeder and select Google Music tracks the same way like locally stored files.

Google Music support

If you want to use the old (cast to SoundSeeder) feature with the Google Music Player 5.5, please don't update SoundSeeder to v1.4.

SoundSeeder now supports 4 different media sources:
- Locally stored music files
- Online Radio Stations
- Upnp/dlna network storages
- Google Music

Also new in v1.4:
- Turkish localization added
- Improved usability (UI and menus)
- Lots of minor bugs fixed

Please let me know what you think about the new features!

Great work, thank you! I've been using the Google Music cast feature until my lollipop update replaced the last compatible Google Music player on all my devices. Great to have a real google music integration!
10th June 2015, 10:15 AM |#335  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Question about accounts...
First, I want to say, an absolutely great app! I've only just seen it, and it is now one of my favorite apps.

I'm about to buy the full version, but can I ask, if I have the paid version, and I'm streaming to my friend's (with the free version) phones, will the timeout and 2-device limit still apply?

They all have different accounts, and I can't expect them to pay each themselves.

Thanks!
10th June 2015, 12:05 PM |#336  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by callidus_ex_de_latebros

First, I want to say, an absolutely great app! I've only just seen it, and it is now one of my favorite apps.

I'm about to buy the full version, but can I ask, if I have the paid version, and I'm streaming to my friend's (with the free version) phones, will the timeout and 2-device limit still apply?

They all have different accounts, and I can't expect them to pay each themselves.

Thanks!

Thank you very much

Only the Player-device needs the premium license to connect to more than two devices. If you have the premium version, your friends can keep using the free version of soundseeder.
The Following User Says Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
14th June 2015, 09:07 PM |#337  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
This app is freaking awesome. It's very exciting. Who doesn't have a handful of phones lying around doing nothing? I have already purchased the premium and will donate more towards its development when I can. I would love to see Pandora support integrated directly. I'm currently playing around with the streamwhatyouhear app but integrated support like google music would be even better. Is there any way to make the radio/google music stay running on the "speaker" when the "player" drops off wifi temporarily or reboots? Again, this app is fantastic. I was looking for a cheaper multi-room audio system alternative. Thanks so much for your efforts.
15th June 2015, 09:38 AM |#338  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb1125

This app is freaking awesome. It's very exciting. Who doesn't have a handful of phones lying around doing nothing? I have already purchased the premium and will donate more towards its development when I can. I would love to see Pandora support integrated directly. I'm currently playing around with the streamwhatyouhear app but integrated support like google music would be even better. Is there any way to make the radio/google music stay running on the "speaker" when the "player" drops off wifi temporarily or reboots? Again, this app is fantastic. I was looking for a cheaper multi-room audio system alternative. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Thank you!
Pandora isn't available here in germany so i've no chance to develop an integration into soundseeder at the moment, sorry.

The player is the central main component of soundseeder, there is no way to listen to your streams without the player device beeing connected to the speakers. What you need is some kind of remote control for a dedicated player device, that is running somewhere in your house and always connected to your network... An interessting idea, i will think about it!
15th June 2015, 08:43 PM |#339  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

Thank you!
Pandora isn't available here in germany so i've no chance to develop an integration into soundseeder at the moment, sorry.

The player is the central main component of soundseeder, there is no way to listen to your streams without the player device beeing connected to the speakers. What you need is some kind of remote control for a dedicated player device, that is running somewhere in your house and always connected to your network... An interessting idea, i will think about it!

I forgot that Pandora is only available in the US, Australia, & New Zealand. Boo! Oh well, Google Music support is cool. I subscribed to it specifically for the purposes of this app.

I currently have a Niles amp that is auto sensing so when I turn on whatever I have connected to it; it automagically turns on and plays music through my speaker selector. I have outdoor speakers so I'm sometimes outside with my phone (the player) and it disconnects. Having a dedicated player(s) and using my phone as a remote control unit would be awesome. The music would not be interrupted when the controller drops out. This would be very much like Sonos where there could be multiple dedicated players that are dedicated to various locations throughout a home and selectable from the controller. Okay, okay, basically I'm asking for the ability to turn an old phone into a sonos-like connect so it can be controlled remotely from another device which I don't know if it can even be done. I can barely code a "Hello World" app lol. Anyway, I really enjoy this app as is and look forward to using it everyday. Thanks again.
16th June 2015, 11:51 AM |#340  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb1125

basically I'm asking for the ability to turn an old phone into a sonos-like connect so it can be controlled remotely from another device which I don't know if it can even be done.

The player requires at least Android 4.1. If your "old phones" are running Jelly Bean, its technically possible. But it requires some larger redesigns of the soundseeder app. Its definitely a nice idea, but something for version 2.

I think I'll have to buy some Sonos speakers to check their solution in detail...
29th June 2015, 06:50 PM |#341  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
SoundSeeder v1.5.0
SoundSeeder Music Player v1.5.0

This update brings many minor enhancements, fixes and improvements.
Here is the list:
- Google Music radio station support added
- Google Music automatic and shared playlist support added
- Google TalkBack support improved
- Portuguese localization added
- Hungarian localization added (Thanks to ZityiSoft Team)
- Reduced storage usage
- Improved song loading time
- DLNA compatibility issues fixed (Logitech Media Server)
- Several bugs fixed

Please let me know if you notice any issues in this new version...

cheers
Jens
The Following User Says Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)