[SDK] Dual-Touch SDK for Resistive Screens V1.0 Beta + Rotation Alpha + Demo App

Search This thread

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Now supports Rotation, same download place. I hope to see Rotate To Unlock applications Soon :)

Now Demo Rotate To Exit Application available, Youtube Video :D

Greetings XDA,
Today i released the beta version of the SDK

In December last year, i posted an Alpha version of this SDK. Now it is mature enough to announce it as Beta. This SDK allows developers to build Dual-Touch enabled applications. so let’s get into action.
Features:

• Pinch to Zoom Support
  • Drag (swipe) support.
  • Replacement events for the mouse move fires only when a single finger detected.
  • Multiple events based on gestures.
  • Performance optimized, memory footprint is minimal.
To use this SDK you will need Visual Studio Professional or better. start a new Smart Device Project, and add the SDK to your references.
The SDK is consists of only one object, which is DualTouchSDK. We will need one instance of this class for every control that supports pinch to zoom or drag in your application.
There are several methods, properties and events that can be utilized in order to achieve multitouch effect. i have done my best to make this as easy as possible, my code is now complex but it is necessary to achieve easy implementation.

More info and download with documentation is available here

http://www.windowsphoneme.com/?p=386

Last edited:

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
I wonder if anyone started using the sdk to build an application, can you post here if you did start

porlock

Mar 21, 2010
Warsaw
demo app

anaadoul: When You write it You must test it too .. so what is the problem to release some demo app showing the possibilities and features of this solution ? You have some test code so publish it ..

For me it's very strange that You already do not do this.

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
anaadoul: When You write it You must test it too .. so what is the problem to release some demo app showing the possibilities and features of this solution ? You have some test code so publish it ..

For me it's very strange that You already do not do this.

the only problem i have with the demo app is that i don't know how to create a hardware accelerated applications.

if i used the same old method (as the prealpha version), it's going to look slow and stuttery! while inface this has nothing to do with the SDK.

if you know how to build a hardware accelerated application please let's do it together. :)

porlock

Mar 21, 2010
Warsaw
I'm not sure i understand :) what do You mean " i don't know how to create a hardware accelerated applications", if that means You use a standard win mobile .net API ? if so please refer to this site.

IN THIS PLACE SHOUD BE LINK

damn i can't post links ... so please type it in google "khronos opengles 2"

for .Net wrapper, type in google
"Tiny Graphics Engine Tigre"
or
"koushik dutta net-compact-framework-wrapper"

Last edited:

Uppy

Nov 30, 2009
Up t'north
I'm looking forward to this being implemented in games and such.

I'd love to see a screen unlocker that supports multi gestures "stretch to unlock" anyone?

Jonny4911

Jan 28, 2009
London
hd2 has a capactive screen, thus meaning it alreasy has multi touch!
us people on resistive screens however are stuck on single touch only, until now (hopefully ;) )

Raudi1

Jun 11, 2008
Ostwestfalen
The funny thing is that this wont run on the HD2!
When you press 2 points on a resistive screen, apps get the middle of those points. And that fact is used for this emulated dualtouch.
When you press 2 points on the capacitive screen of the HD2 apps(without multitouch support) get no mousedown at all(at least on my HD2).

J

JValmont

I'm not a programmer at all, but I'm curious from an electrcial standpoint, how the screen knows that your touching it at more than one point? I suppose with a normal resistive wire screen, you would get 3/4 minimum inputs, but with these "touchflo" screens..?
Just Curious.
Val

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
hi. Can anyone post one app made with this sdk so we can test it on our devices?
Thanks

XanderCorp

Feb 7, 2010
Wow! I'm amazed at what I see everytime I get on XDA-Developers! I thought getting multi-touch on a resistive touch screen would be impossible! Excellent Work! People really need to start pumping out applications that can use this!