[ROM] [5.1.x] [NIGHTLY] OmniROM for the TF300T

Search This thread

almico

Jan 11, 2010
Using 20150615 right now. Had OmniROM 4.4.4 before. Wiped cache and system, unzipped rom, gapps mini (full didn't fit) and SuperSU and rebooted. Worked great since the very first beginning! Only Amazon app crashes from time to time. The system is much more responsive than before.
Absolutely great release!

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

Ices_Eyes

May 2, 2015
Venice
Here starting from 20150614 homemade, and updating to first nightly build (20150619) seems not to be possible. Format system, and flash omni/gapps/supersu, and forever loading screen on reboot... Will try with a full reset once I will have the time to ;)

loryevolution

Jun 20, 2015
Play store error 963

When I update or download an app, play store give error 963, I do a clean instal, this occurred both paranoid gapps and Tk gapps, how resolve?
Another question is the wifi channel 11-13, is possible to use these? because in omni 4.4.4 channel 11-13 were available.
For the rest the rom is very good, thank you scanno for developing.

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
When I update or download an app, play store give error 963, I do a clean instal, this occurred both paranoid gapps and Tk gapps, how resolve?
Another question is the wifi channel 11-13, is possible to use these? because in omni 4.4.4 channel 11-13 were available.
For the rest the rom is very good, thank you scanno for developing.
WiFi channel is caused by a change in the way the WiFi country code is determined. Sadly this needs some major changes in the WiFi driver.

Reactions: loryevolution

loryevolution

Jun 20, 2015
WiFi channel is caused by a change in the way the WiFi country code is determined. Sadly this needs some major changes in the WiFi driver.
Thank you for the reply, but for play store error have you a suggestion?

PS: I to tried delete google account, data and cache of play store but nothing. The error still is present on nightly 21/06, I use TK or PA or Banks gapps but I have same error 963 on playstore...

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Thank you for the reply, but for play store error have you a suggestion?

PS: I to tried delete google account, data and cache of play store but nothing. The error still is present on nightly 21/06, I use TK or PA or Banks gapps but I have same error 963 on playstore...

Do a full wipe of /data .....

This can take up to 90 mins .....

DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS .....

The install ROM, GAPPS, SU if needed .....

Thx Josh

sergiolopezsan

Aug 26, 2012
Could you please tell how to update my twrp recovery? I'm on 2.8.1.0. This one was installed by zip method. I don't know how to use fastboot.
Help me.

sergiolopezsan

Aug 26, 2012
Could you please tell how to update my twrp recovery? I'm on 2.8.1.0. This one was installed by zip method. I don't know how to use fastboot.
Help me.

Now I am on twrp 2.8.7 (the latest from the official web) (altough now I see a strange linux penguin image and doesn't reboot and turn off). I have installed the rom but when I try to install gapps (http://xdaforums.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347) an error appears. It says faq 7 or something like that. Any idea?

It says error 40.

Last edited:

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Now I am on twrp 2.8.7 (the latest from the official web) (altough now I see a strange linux penguin image and doesn't reboot and turn off). I have installed the rom but when I try to install gapps (http://xdaforums.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347) an error appears. It says faq 7 or something like that. Any idea?

It says error 40.
Running nvrestore boot loader.took the update for the 22nd running good.xposed working fine .the penguin's you see are cause your on grimelock 5.1 kernel.its normal with his kernel.oh and look for pa gapps pica for legacy. Those gapps worked fine for me.others didn't on philz

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

kaisre

Jun 23, 2015
I'm also getting error 963 while downloading/updating from Playstore.

I tried the TK Gapps that are linked in the first Post and all that are recommended from some people here in the discussion. Wiping /data didn't help either.

I'm on latest TWRP , Bootloader etc.

Does someone have an idea what else I can try?

loryevolution

Jun 20, 2015
I'm also getting error 963 while downloading/updating from Playstore.

I tried the TK Gapps that are linked in the first Post and all that are recommended from some people here in the discussion. Wiping /data didn't help either.

I'm on latest TWRP , Bootloader etc.

Does someone have an idea what else I can try?

I wiped cache, dalvik cache, system, data, internal storage and after format data, after I installed rom and TK Gapps and it works..

kaba72

Mar 25, 2012
Booting to blank screen after wiping data

Hi,
after installing the latest nightly on my TF300T I ran into a problem - running out of ideas, I am hoping someone might be able to help me:

Following the instructions, I upgraded TWRP, installed the nightly and the recommended gapps package. All worked fine, the device booted up and I could start setting up my google apps.
Then I got hit by the error 963 in the play store, not able to install anything.
In an attempt to fix it, I went back to TWRP and wiped the user data (/sdcard), then used adb to push the installation files back to the now empty /sdcard and re-flashed omnirom.

It now boot up, but once the omni boot animation is gone, the screen turns black. The only thing I can do, is to long-press the power button and I get a little menu that slides up from the bottom, offering me to reboot or power off. No launcher, not apps. Various attempts to wipe / re-flash all led back to this same situation.

Any ideas how I could get out that state and bring back a working system? Any help at all is much appreciated.

kaisre

Jun 23, 2015
I wiped cache, dalvik cache, system, data, internal storage and after format data, after I installed rom and TK Gapps and it works..

I did that, but still the same error. The play store tries to download an app twice and then throws the errormessage. Clearing the cache and data of the play store and play services, as it is recommended in the htc one forums, didn't help too.

kaisre

Jun 23, 2015
To any of you having problems with playstore try to FORMAT data instead of wiping. And wait till it finishes, might take a long time.

And all of this has been mentioned before

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

I thought wiping would format data, as it does so with cache and system. Didn't see that "format data" button :angel:

Last edited:

kaba72

Mar 25, 2012
Formatting data and re-installing Omnirom nightly solved all problems - the black screen is gone, so is the Play Store error 963.
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png
    OmniROM for TF300T

About OmniROM
    See what OmniROM is all about: http://omnirom.org/about/

What do you need
    OmniROM is a custom ROM and to be able to install a custom ROM, you will need to unlock your bootloader. You can unlock your bootloader from the Asus website. Please be advised that you will loose your warranty.

• You need to be on the latest 4.2 bootloader. If not please update to the lastest Asus stock ROM first, otherwise you might brick your TF300T!!!
    • To be able to install OmniROM you will need at least TWRP 2.8.5.0 or higher
    • You need to have TWRP or CWM installed
    • You will need a flashable GApps package
    • You need SuperSU if you want to have root access

See the Downloads part of this message for the needed packages

How to install
    To install OmniROM please follow these instructions:
    • Flash the TWRP 2.8.5.0 (or higher)
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Do a factory reset / full wipe
    • Flash the OmniROM zip file, the GApps ZIP file and SuperSU ZIP file
    • Reboot the tablet and enjoy OmniROM

Downloads
    Below are the files you need for flashing OmniROM:

To see the changes in the nightly builds visit https://changelog.omnirom.org/#/tf300t/next

If you want to stay on the development (homebuild) builds, then have a look at https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=22842
    I will not update the homebuild version that often, now that the nightly build have started.

Enjoy OmniROM

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM for Asus Transformer TF300T, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    scanno, hardslog, lj50036
    Source Code: https://gerrit.omnirom.org

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: OmniROM

Version Information

Created 2015-03-14
    Last Updated 2015-06-21
    New build uploaded
    For the people who are still using this ROM (i still do :) )
    I have ported my 6.0 TabletUI commits to 5.1.

You can switch between the normal navigationbar layout and the tablet layout (based on the Pixel C changes) from settings / bars

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24385658843825351

Verstuurd vanaf mijn TF300T met Tapatalk