[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2015, 04:03 PM |#1901  
Thanks Meter: 339

More
I'm having a problem with lux 'sleeping'. It stays in sleeping mode when I wake the phone and does not adjust brightness until I pull down the notification bar and press the notification. I've tried resetting settings but it wont adjust brightness under any circumstances unless I touch the notification. I've tried 'on wake', dynamic, ascending etc. It's the paid version. I've also tried alternative overlay and using camera as light sensor.

LG G2 Lollipop
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obvious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift obvious Ad-Free

28th June 2015, 08:30 AM |#1902  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi!

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am using Lux together with Cf.lumen. I disabled Master Filter mode in Cf.lumen and I select Cf.lumen in Lux advanced settings and I let Lux do its job. Is this the right configuration to integrate Cf.lumen?

Here are my observations using only the built-in Android Battery Usage Statistics:
(Please note the mode I am using is Dynamically and Smart)

1. High Battery usage/alarms/wakelocks if I integrate Cf.lumen, but, Auto-brightness is working perfectly.
2. Low Battery usage if no Cf.lumen plugin, but Auto-brightness is not working. I need to open the dashboard and touching the refresh sign before auto-brightness takes place.
28th June 2015, 08:15 PM |#1903  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
  1. Since the last update, "Sleep mode" is getting enabled all the time for no apparent reason.
  2. Also, the "Sleep list" feature has been removed or hidden from the UI which makes it impossible to investigate the above issue or add exceptions.
  3. On top of that, last update broke the "Refresh" button in notification bar -- it does nothing when clicked.
  4. Changelog claims that CF.Lumen support, has been improved, which is not true — adjusting brightness in Lux while CF.Lumen is active still disables CF.Lumen's filter.
  5. Lux's own color filters (with CF.Lumen integration) simply look horrible compared to CF.Lumen's -- Lux's Night Mode makes screen look all green-ish, and does not filter out much of the blue light compared to the same color temperature mode in CF.Lumen.
  6. "Astronomer Mode" in Lux still simply applies red filter on top of any color, instead of converting picture to b/w first and then replacing white with red. As a result, for example, yellow color becomes indistinguishable from white, as both colors become the same shade of red.
  7. The bug with "Smart profile" not toggling Day and Night modes correctly even though Location coordinates are entered manually, is still present.
  8. Brightness is still not always adjusted when light conditions change, however this might be a problem with my phone

For the past year, not a single new feature has been introduced in new release, not a single bug from a previous version has been solved. However, new bugs have been added with each new release.

Because the developer of Lux has apparently abandoned proper development of his payed app, , I've decided to abandon the use of the Lux as well. I've switched to an app called Darker for sub-zero screen dimming in combination with mandatory CF.Lumen for better color filters. This configuration is of course less advanced and therefore I do really miss Lux, but at least those few feature's I'm left with do actually work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pure.by For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pure.by Ad-Free
30th June 2015, 11:53 AM |#1904  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hey guys,

recently started using LUX on my rooted G3 because minimum brightness is way too bright at nights. So far no bugs I've experienced (using the free version).
But is there a way for LUX to show current LUX/brightness levels on status bar instead of the useless LUX icon?
Even the widget does not seem to show anything; it just shows "auto" without any info.

Thank you.
30th June 2015, 06:27 PM |#1905  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.by

1. Since the last update, "Sleep mode" is getting enabled all the time for no apparent reason.
  2. Also, the "Sleep list" feature has been removed or hidden from the UI which makes it impossible to investigate the above issue or add exceptions.
  3. On top of that, last update broke the "Refresh" button in notification bar -- it does nothing when clicked.
  4. Changelog claims that CF.Lumen support, has been improved, which is not true — adjusting brightness in Lux while CF.Lumen is active still disables CF.Lumen's filter.
  5. Lux's own color filters (with CF.Lumen integration) simply look horrible compared to CF.Lumen's -- Lux's Night Mode makes screen look all green-ish, and does not filter out much of the blue light compared to the same color temperature mode in CF.Lumen.
  6. "Astronomer Mode" in Lux still simply applies red filter on top of any color, instead of converting picture to b/w first and then replacing white with red. As a result, for example, yellow color becomes indistinguishable from white, as both colors become the same shade of red.
  7. The bug with "Smart profile" not toggling Day and Night modes correctly even though Location coordinates are entered manually, is still present.
  8. Brightness is still not always adjusted when light conditions change, however this might be a problem with my phone

For the past year, not a single new feature has been introduced in new release, not a single bug from a previous version has been solved. However, new bugs have been added with each new release.

Because the developer of Lux has apparently abandoned proper development of his payed app, , I've decided to abandon the use of the Lux as well. I've switched to an app called Darker for sub-zero screen dimming in combination with mandatory CF.Lumen for better color filters. This configuration is of course less advanced and therefore I do really miss Lux, but at least those few feature's I'm left with do actually work.

Last beta was a week ago....
Are you in gplus group/community?

Sent from my klte using Tapatalk
30th June 2015, 08:02 PM |#1906  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancs1969

Last beta was a week ago....
Are you in gplus group/community?

No, I'm not in G+ group, but I've been using the normal payed version from Play Store around a year and a half now and witnessed how each update broke yet another feature and introduced yet another bug. I've been a big fan and spent a lot of time reporting those issues, but my feedback was never taken seriously.

I can understand such an attitude from a developer of a free app, but not the one that costs several bucks. I guess it's a lot of free money for developer, so... He kinda doesn't care. With current mobile market growth, for every dissatisfied customer he'll get 5 new, so why bother?
30th June 2015, 08:36 PM |#1907  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.by

No, I'm not in G+ group, but I've been using the normal payed version from Play Store around a year and a half now and witnessed how each update broke yet another feature and introduced yet another bug. I've been a big fan and spend a lot of time reporting those issues, but my feedback was never taken seriously.

I can understand such an attitude from a developer of a free app, but not the one that costs several bucks. I guess it's a lot of free money for developer, so... He kinda doesn't care. With current mobile market growth, for every dissatisfied customer he'll get 5 new, so why bother?

All your reports would have been read by either beta team members or dev..
They are in contact and would have looked into each report and log...
The beta community is constantly working with the dev.
I can assure you. He works very hard on this App....

Sent from my klte using Tapatalk
30th June 2015, 09:46 PM |#1908  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancs1969

All your reports would have been read by either beta team members or dev..
They are in contact and would have looked into each report and log...
The beta community is constantly working with the dev.
I can assure you. He works very hard on this App....

Thanks for your reply, but I can't help but notice that your assurance kinda contradicts my own experience over the past 1.5 years.

I don't know what happens on beta-level, but judging the end result I can't imagine anyone is working on this app at all. Forget about hard work.
2nd July 2015, 11:53 PM |#1909  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Something I always forgot to ask: is there a way for Lux to also control soft keys brightness?
3rd July 2015, 12:12 AM |#1910  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
The same problem on HTC One m7, also.
Brightness gets update only by opening the app or pressing the notification bar. (paid version). (No matter which profile is selected)
And it get's quite annoying as this morning under the sun I unlocked my phone and since it was still on last night's brightness (very low) I couldn't even see a thing to unlock and open the app to refresh.

This problem has been persistent for the past week at least. Should we uninstall the app and wait till it's fixed ?
3rd July 2015, 12:39 AM |#1911  
Flag Montreal QC
Thanks Meter: 355

More
Sleep list don't work on my side with the beta

Envoyé de mon SM-G900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)