[APP] [Link] ViPER4Android: The best sound mod for Android [Root Required]

1,983 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,421

By docnok63, Senior Member on 27th October 2013, 01:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2015, 02:32 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hey, I've been just dealing with this problem for over a year, but I use V4A and every 10 minutes or so the sound will drop out for a second. Happens on phone speakers, bluetooth, and headset mode. Anyone know what might be causing that?

27th June 2015, 01:58 AM |#202  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm running JasmineRom v5.1 and can't seem to figure out how to do steps 4&5.
27th June 2015, 03:28 AM |#203  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmac84

I'm running JasmineRom v5.1 and can't seem to figure out how to do steps 4&5.

I'll modify the instructions right after this, but you obviously can't do these steps if Music FX is removed from your settings (completely possible on a custom ROM) and your build.prop doesn't have these entries to modify. You can always manually add them to ensure your Samsung device is running properly audibly.

Did you get it working?
27th June 2015, 12:08 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Yes I put viper4android in compatible mode and seems to work now.

Edit: Saw in another thread about freezing soundalive. I did that now it will work in normal mode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsmac84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nsmac84 Ad-Free
19th August 2015, 01:51 AM |#205  
Flag Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Will it work on unrooted Note 5
Waiting for my Note 5 from Sprint. I don't think I can root it yet and Viper4Android is one example of the only reasons I would want to root it. Love this mod on my rooted HTC.. Will I have any luck with the Note??

Thanks
20th August 2015, 10:12 PM |#206  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drich66

Waiting for my Note 5 from Sprint. I don't think I can root it yet and Viper4Android is one example of the only reasons I would want to root it. Love this mod on my rooted HTC.. Will I have any luck with the Note??

Thanks

No. Root is required to install the drivers. I'm sure Chainfire will have root on the N5 quite quickly after the official release (or maybe even a day or two before). He's been very efficient with Samsung devices for quite some time. You might have to wait a while for a custom ROM, though. S6 development has been very slow and I expect the N5 to be just as slow. People are VERY unhappy with the lack of sdcard and removable battery.
20th August 2015, 11:47 PM |#207  
Flag Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

No. Root is required to install the drivers. I'm sure Chainfire will have root on the N5 quite quickly after the official release (or maybe even a day or two before). He's been very efficient with Samsung devices for quite some time. You might have to wait a while for a custom ROM, though. S6 development has been very slow and I expect the N5 to be just as slow. People are VERY unhappy with the lack of sdcard and removable battery.

Ok, I will just be patient. I now have the Note and I have to say it is very quick. I was an HTC guy since the og 4g days. The 64 gig version is more than enough room for what I need and im always on charge. But I know its been a big complaint for a lot of people. The screen and pix are amazing. Thanks for the info.
27th August 2015, 05:06 PM |#208  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drich66

Ok, I will just be patient. I now have the Note and I have to say it is very quick. I was an HTC guy since the og 4g days. The 64 gig version is more than enough room for what I need and im always on charge. But I know its been a big complaint for a lot of people. The screen and pix are amazing. Thanks for the info.

Your wait is over but, oddly enough, it doesn't come from Chainfire: http://www.xda-developers.com/root-t...galaxy-note-5/. Enjoy V4A on your N5!
9th April 2016, 05:10 PM |#209  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Love this mod, it sounds so amazing!
But it doesn't work for Youtube.
15th April 2016, 11:10 AM |#210  
Flag Valenzuela
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Mates, is viper4android works on arm64 bit?
Thanks in advance!
16th April 2016, 04:21 PM |#211  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewbiguy

Love this mod, it sounds so amazing!
But it doesn't work for Youtube.

If V4A is properly installed as a system app it works with YouTube. App must be installed in system\app or system\priv-app and not data\app

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinaquio

Mates, is viper4android works on arm64 bit?
Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure. I've never had an arm64 device and I don't see any mention of it in the official thread. Give it a shot and PLEASE report back. Good luck!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sound mod, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)